[3.23] 🧙‍♂️⚡BattleTrapper 2024 by 📺/ThatDanishFellow ✔️A9 ✔️HC ✔️Block ✔️All-Content ✔️L-Starter ✔️UPD🔥TES

"
Nudelchen wrote:
Heyo just my 2 cents here.

Spoiler
I've been always trying out different builds each season and mainly stick to one the whole league.

Never played a trapper before and I have to say that I just enjoyed your build so far. Yes this build shouldnt be considered by people who are new to PoE, since the transition into LL/CI isnt that easy.

But your guide is detailed and doesnt include any false promises.

Bosses are a breeze and i'm about to hunt the uber-uber versions now.

Been able to craft this beauty with a investment of 2ex 20c:

I was lucky to get 1+ spell on my first harvest after obtaining double fractured base - and it was even a chaos mod reroll recipe. Then I used one keep prefixes and reroll suffixes recipe that I presaved and got this...

This is disgustingly lucky, I guess

Great guide, enjoying it and keep up the good work!

Cheers

Nice wand!
If you want to push the really crazy damage, you can always look at the min/max tree in the POB skill-tree list. :) It uses 3x large clusters and has about 100% lightning penetration, which makes bosses absurdly easy. It's of course less tanky, as it's trading points to be able to fit 3 clusters, but i'd say it's still plenty tanky and stuff dies so fast anyway... ;p

Anyway gz on the wand, it's crazy good.

"
Sonof2tards wrote:
Should I be following the gear/gems from the forum guide or the 3.18 POB? I can't tell which is more up to date lol.

Gems should be the same and as for gear, there is no gear in the guide other than suggestions (budget, highend etc) :)
The core gear is the same (and quite cheap this league!).

Keep in mind the POB has multiple skill-tree's, make sure you read the notes in the POB if you have any questions you can't see answered in the guide.

If you find any contradictions in the guide or POB, let me know so I can correct it :)

"
woooooorm wrote:

I usually make only one char per league, and this build works really nicely as a Jack of all trades, and usually allows me to do all stuff I want

How are you finding the supreme ego escape jewel m8?
Do you find it worth the cost? I'm curious because I told a guy on stream he should try that jewel if he has plenty of currency and wants to be super tanky (with determ) while not giving up the damage from Wrath.
Vennto pointed out to me you're using that combo :)

I'm atm testing/crafting gear with armor&es bases to see how well it works, so I can use wrath and not feel like I miss determination too much:)

I'm trying it this way because I want to keep things in a lower budget so most people can obtain it and so I don't get publicly stoned in the town square if I was asking people to use a 13ex jewel and enlightens on-top etc ;P

This video shows tankiness currently, it's not too bad and it's mainly just es/armor bases + rumi's. I'm not using any determination gem, but I am testing a 40c glancing blows escape jewel.

"
Last edited by oestergreen on Jun 1, 2022, 9:53:04 AM
-
Last edited by woooooorm on Jun 1, 2022, 11:01:40 AM
"
oestergreen wrote:

How are you finding the supreme ego escape jewel m8?
Do you find it worth the cost? I'm curious because I told a guy on stream he should try that jewel if he has plenty of currency and wants to be super tanky (with determ) while not giving up the damage from Wrath.
Vennto pointed out to me you're using that combo :)

TLDR I find it crazy good for us!

Honestly i decided to stick it into the build the moment i first saw it in a preview
I mean, we trade jewel socket + 3 skill points for determination (requires only lvl 3 enlighten), while keeping wrath

Pretty good trade if you ask me! Cos determination allows us to switch from shaper shield to aurora, which is superior choice imo in that slot

To put things in perspective, before switch i had 9k es give or take. So on block i had a recovery of ~450 es

Well, with determination and flasks up i have around 50k armor. With aurora it translates to 1k es recovery! More than double of shaper shield variant.
And armor not only help as mitigate phys damage, it also allows as to gain maximum benefit from molten shell, which is the strongest guard skill in the game imo (basically 10k shield for 6 secs every 4 secs, so around 66% uptime)

Hell, even w/o flasks with ~24k armor i recover more than 450!

But there is more, impossible escape also frees our anoint! Which brings even more room for finetuning/customization to the build. In my case i opted for "Deflection" (5% attack block, 25% chance for endurance charge on block), but if someone lacking damage, he also can get any dmg oriented notable

So ye, i really like this jewel, imo great addition to build options for us

Little note, i got it pretty early for like 6 ex, not 13, but even if it was 13, i'd still find it worth every ex i've spend :)

Edit: but yeah, as you fairly stated, not the cheapest option sadly, 3ex for aurora, 1,5ex for enlighten, 13ex for jewel, it adds up pretty quickly

1)Managed to aug t6 crit multy
2)Rage crafted pref cannot be changed + t4 aisling
3)Aisling hit crit chance for spells
4)Rage annuled t6 crit multy
5)Veiled mod turned out to be crit multy too
6)Crafted cast speed on bench to lock it
7)Aug caster and hit t1 crit for spell again

What a rollercoaster of emotions xd
"
woooooorm wrote:

1)Managed to aug t6 crit multy
2)Rage crafted pref cannot be changed + t4 aisling
3)Aisling hit crit chance for spells
4)Rage annuled t6 crit multy
5)Veiled mod turned out to be crit multy too
6)Crafted cast speed on bench to lock it
7)Aug caster and hit t1 crit for spell again

What a rollercoaster of emotions xd

Definitely can't argue with the results!! Gz ;D

and in response to the previous posts;
Yeah, I'm just trying to make it affordable to *most* people ;P
I even have a feeling that 13ex isn't the ceiling for that jewel, I think it'll keep going up, because the Charisma node is just that big of a deal and next league it probably won't start out nearly as low as it started this league, as more ppl will have builds planned for it.

In cheap *news* though, the escape glancing jewel that i'm using, is only 40-50c and gives access to a nice chunk of block + the strong sanctum node, pretty much the same nodes as the massive ring, except for Sanctity.

But with your own comments towards how great it feels overall with the supreme ego escape jewel, I almost feel I need to have 4 tree's now in the POB;P
1 for balanced/starting out.
1 for min/max damage (big budget) bursting bosses in 1 second etc etc.
1 for tanky on a reasonable budget.
and now 1 for tanky min/max (tanky on a big budget;P) with this supreme ego escape jewel and the massive ring thread (that one is also quite expensive no? I couldn't search it for some reason... they haven't updated the trade page filters for it apparently? o.O -- and obviously Aegis Aurora and 1 enlighten).

They all seem like really useful tree's but for different playstyle/budgets and stages of league progression. :)

"
oestergreen wrote:

They all seem like really useful tree's but for different playstyle/budgets and stages of league progression. :)

Well, I think that such tree might be useful/interesting for some folks, at least I really enjoy it :)

Tho my variant is not optimized yet by any means, so it still require some work

PS. To buy massive thread of hope, just search for any thread of hope, and click on the ring mod on any jewel in search results, it will sort massive ones on top
I got my for 1ex or so, Idk bout their price right now
"
woooooorm wrote:
"
oestergreen wrote:

Well, I think that such tree might be useful/interesting for some folks, at least I really enjoy it :)

Tho my variant is not optimized yet by any means, so it still require some work

PS. To buy massive thread of hope, just search for any thread of hope, and click on the ring mod on any jewel in search results, it will sort massive ones on top
I got my for 1ex or so, Idk bout their price right now

ah of-course, thanks!

.. FML :p they start at 14ex now equal to the supreme jewel LOL

I'm gonna have to actually farm currency this league to test all the new jewels haha ;D glancing jewel is remaining super cheap though (55c) and offers almost the same identical points in terms of the block stuff and getting sanctum for 1 pt.

We'll see though, it's always hard to predict the price on new interesting items that many people wanna test in their builds initially.
Hey all,

so I got my build up and running and started the first tiny special crafting projects. With that in mind I wanna talk to you about recombinators, which help a lot when crafting new gloves. Here are double-shaper-mod gloves that I´ve managed to create far cheaper than ever before:

All you wanna do is alt-spam for the shaper mods and combine them via the armour recombinator, make sure u only have 1 suffix OR prefix per gloves so you limit the mod-pool and then u have a respective chance of 60% x 60% to get both on your item, which result in roughly 1/3 success-rate.

Facing the fact that alterations are at 1:5 chaos right now (most likely due to the effectiveness of recombinator-crafting I guess), this is the far cheaper version than going for the 1900-alt spam to get the double mods.

Also, in the 1900-alt variant you only are hitting towards t3 mods at least, while you can basically guarantee double t1 mods with this recombinator-method. For people truly minmaxing this is worth attempting.

How to go from here then afterwards:
For truly minmax-gloves you would do the following steps:

1. Imprint the double shaper t1 gloves
2. Use harvest "add 2 high-tier mods to a magic item, turning it rare", hope that it adds good rolls with double prefix or double suffix augments.
3. In case you have good results with now 2 prefixes and suffixes, you could craft an open mod and yolo leo-exalt slam.
4. In case you have now 3 good suffixes, you can´t really do that much more as influence-items do not allow defense augments via harvest. I recommend one craft for eigher flat or % ES and just yolo-leo slam the next one.
5. In case you have good triple prefix now, which is the best outcome, you can attempt to craft multimod + prefixes cannot be changed into aisling, giving you a 66% chance that the aisling-annull removes eigher the multimod or the prefixes cannot be changed. Then you can unveil (basically you could block for attributes first if you want but since we are also dex-starved without Mageblood leaving dex+int open is not the worst option) and craft your final mod.

If something is unclear or someone else has a better idea, let me know. I think for now this is the best way for truly endgame gloves.

Edit: from an economic standpoint, this only works on sorcerer gloves, as those cost 10c per try while fingerless silk gloves cost 1 - 1.5ex so in order to get the double mods going you would have to sacrifice 5 pairs at least, which result in 5-7.5 exalts just for the base type, and only if you hit your average, not counting additional fails due to variance. With that price in mind you can go back to alt-spamming them to get the double shaper mods.
Last edited by Vennto on Jun 2, 2022, 4:14:16 AM
"
Vennto wrote:
Hey all,

so I got my build up and running and started the first tiny special crafting projects. With that in mind I wanna talk to you about recombinators, which help a lot when crafting new gloves. Here are double-shaper-mod gloves that I´ve managed to create far cheaper than ever before:

Seems like a good way to craft gloves, if we are speaking about omega min maxing

Tho I'm not sure it's a cost effective one, in terms of money+effort/power, too much rng, cos realistically speaking, on imprinting/slamming step you need to hit both high flat and % es, to end up with at least 200+es result
And chances for that are quite miniscule

Imo it's better to do it that way:

1)Get sorcerer gloves with high ilvl
2)Perfect fossils till 29-30% qual
3)spam dense fossils till decent es
4)apply any eater of worlds ichor
5)use eldritch chaos till suffixes are good enough for you
5.1)use eldritch annuls/exalts if needed
6)use any eater of worlds ichor till +1 pierce implicit
7)use exarch orbs till trap throwing speed
(8-11%,depends on orb size)
8)finish with any bench craft (likely resists)

All in all, if we compare to your method, we trade around 10 TTS and some misc damage increase for higher ES, easier to get resists, and additional pierce

I ended up with pretty decent pair following this method, not the best one (potentially recraft them after I will sort out my jewels), but this pair has nice value for its price (was about 200c total)

But again, i guess that in min-maxing situation, when you can burn as many imprints as you want, you method potentially can create more powerful item, won't argue that xd
Last edited by woooooorm on Jun 2, 2022, 7:02:48 AM
"
woooooorm wrote:

Tho I'm not sure it's a cost effective one, in terms of money+effort/power, too much rng, cos realistically speaking, on imprinting/slamming step you need to hit both high flat and % es, to end up with at least 200+es result
And chances for that are quite miniscule

I guess that in min-maxing situation, when you can burn as many imprints as you want, you method potentially can create more powerful item, won't argue that xd

Oh totally, no doubt about that. From a perspective of value vs. output this is by far inferior to your option. It was just an informative tip for people that want to minmax and go for the double shaper mods for traps, as those are in a vacuum pretty powerful. Especially when you´re using Mageblood you are missing out on a lot of potential throw-speed from the belt-slot, where I usually gotten it twice - once via unveil and one crafted mod. So I had to look for other pathways to get it - jewels come to mind but ideally you want quadrouple damage or ES + triple multi jewels, so sacrificing throw speed on those is also not optimal.

In the past I´ve crafted a few of those gloves for my trappers (this was pre-eldritch currency though, so there weren´t really alternatives):

As you see, it´s not completely impossible to hit at least one decent ES-Mod. The harvest crafts go for 50c, and with the new tech I described above you can get a pair of sorcerer gloves with the double mod for a reasonable price, when you are okay with sacrificing a bit of Resistances or ES. Could u craft a very decent set cheap like this? surely not, then I would go with your variant. But if you eigher want to minmax OR prioritize the shaper mods, this is a possible way to go about it now due to the recombinators when before it was a pure alt-spamming torture :D
Last edited by Vennto on Jun 2, 2022, 9:00:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info