[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Seems for my build i simply cannot get much more DPS this side of 200ex.
Is a good build and i thoroughly enjoyed it.
I may start trying to get the 200 or so ex required to get the Forbidden set but i need to ask are they really that good? 200ex is quite hard for me to accumulate. Thanks.
"
EDMOSES wrote:
I may start trying to get the 200 or so ex required to get the Forbidden set but i need to ask are they really that good? 200ex is quite hard for me to accumulate. Thanks.

If I am being honest. You gear is still in stages of low tier/mid tier and not that great.

You have a lot of upgrades you can do for way less exalts that you think.

And yea Forbidden jewel are huge upgrade.

Things you need to fix.

Your tree is super scuffed, you're wasting a lot of points on block, mana and bad pathing. I dunno where you got this tree, but that is your biggest issue. Here is better tree for you at level 98 https://pastebin.com/i9iuHQFb

1. Your large cluster is not optimal. You want deep chill on large and brush with death on your mediums.

2. Atziri's Flask doesn't work with cold dot.

3. Personally on your gloves you should be using dot multi instead of max res.

4. Your wand has +2 but low spell damage roll.

5. You need one of the cold mastery wheels (read bold comment)

6. Your cobalt jewels need double dot multi, cold damage, or increased spell damage with shield not cast speed or spell damage.

7. You rings need a lot of love. I would upgrade those asap. They are league start rings. Your wasting three passive points to get attributes when you could just get better rings.

8. Your boots are also really bad and has barely any Energy Shield. Also, Onslaught is huge QOL for Cold Snap. It's a must have on boots.

9. Not using aspect of the spider is big loss in dps and defense.

Honestly too many issues to list. I dunno why some of you guys make you own versions of the build/trees without knowing much about the build/mechanics of cold dot it blows my mind lol

Look at my character JackBlight to get ideas for upgrades on gear. Not all of my items where super expensive and only took 6-7ex to craft.

Don't blindly copy JackBlight tree either it's made for Herald of Ice Explosions for fun mapping at the end of last league and requires very niche gem setup
Last edited by donbrawler on Jul 2, 2022, 1:11:31 AM
Do I have to allocate Whishpers of Doom for Bane+Frostbite+EleWeakness combo to work, or is Malediction ascendancy passive enough for that?
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:

If I am being honest. You gear is still in stages of low tier/mid tier and not that great.

You have a lot of upgrades you can do for way less exalts that you think.

And yea Forbidden jewel are huge upgrade.

Things you need to fix.

Your tree is super scuffed, you're wasting a lot of points on block, mana and bad pathing. I dunno where you got this tree, but that is your biggest issue. Here is better tree for you at level 98 https://pastebin.com/i9iuHQFb

1. Your large cluster is not optimal. You want deep chill on large and brush with death on your mediums.

2. Atziri's Flask doesn't work with cold dot.

3. Personally on your gloves you should be using dot multi instead of max res.

4. Your wand has +2 but low spell damage roll.

5. You need one of the cold mastery wheels (read bold comment)

6. Your cobalt jewels need double dot multi, cold damage, or increased spell damage with shield not cast speed or spell damage.

7. You rings need a lot of love. I would upgrade those asap. They are league start rings. Your wasting three passive points to get attributes when you could just get better rings.

8. Your boots are also really bad and has barely any Energy Shield. Also, Onslaught is huge QOL for Cold Snap. It's a must have on boots.

9. Not using aspect of the spider is big loss in dps and defense.

Honestly too many issues to list. I dunno why some of you guys make you own versions of the build/trees without knowing much about the build/mechanics of cold dot it blows my mind lol

Look at my character JackBlight to get ideas for upgrades on gear. Not all of my items where super expensive and only took 6-7ex to craft.

Don't blindly copy JackBlight tree either it's made for Herald of Ice Explosions for fun mapping at the end of last league and requires very niche gem setup

Thanks for the trouble you went to for me, laughingly i followed your JackBlight tree and then got to your comment NOT to use. I totally suck at POB so following a build is about the only way for me. As far as i can remember my tree was based on Hadc build but was quite some time ago. If you have a build tree i can follow then that would be good. Good +2 wands are very expensive and i will try to fit in a spider aspect. Got fixated on getting 90% all resists so that is why my boots are pretty bad. Will address rings if and when i get my tree sorted. Best place for spider aspect? and what should i drop so i can use it?
Did you follow my 90% all res version? That’s more for a challenge to tank the crazy stuff (maven explosion and all that) and not really an all-round build, the later variations were better (either 30mil max DPS or profane bloom). The heart of destruction stones will give 15% more dmg while bossing and AOE will mapping but honestly you won’t feel a big difference if the rest of the gears are already good (see Don’s suggestion).

I was in SSF for 3.18 and was resting after the BPL. Will try EA Champ for Gauntlet wooo~
I can´t really understand the fuss about the Jewel-Set as well... I enjoy the Aoe while mapping way more than that little bit more boss-dps, like fix your weapon, your skill-gems and get a corrupted shavronnes. That´s way more dps than the jewel-set and a lot cheaper individually.

Thanks to recombinators crafting something like this is actually pretty reasonable. Can´t remember how much I´ve spent to be honest but I don´t think it was more than 40ex.

"
Vennto wrote:
I can´t really understand the fuss about the Jewel-Set as well... I enjoy the Aoe while mapping way more than that little bit more boss-dps, like fix your weapon, your skill-gems and get a corrupted shavronnes. That´s way more dps than the jewel-set and a lot cheaper individually.

Thanks to recombinators crafting something like this is actually pretty reasonable. Can´t remember how much I´ve spent to be honest but I don´t think it was more than 40ex.

The stones can be very good value. If I’m going Cold DOT in trade next league I’ll get one set for frigid wake or vile bastion (I think those are cheaper) so I can free up the points for profane bloom. Heart of destruction should be the last upgrade, luxury item.
Yeah i pretty much followed your 90% all res build Hadc.
My tree is open to public if you want to look.
As i said earlier i am hopeless at POB so following an experts' guide is about the best i can do.
If i have done something stupid on my tree then please feel free to advise.
Thanks. Char is Arch_Daryl.
P.S working on gloves but not having much luck crafting, sellers are hard to get as well.
PPS gloves done - broke now
Last edited by EDMOSES on Jul 18, 2022, 4:26:25 AM
The Listed Trade Skills Gems in the Guide does not reflect what is in the PoB. I assume the poB is the most up to date. Can anyone confirm?
Want to say thank you for the great guide. This was my first PoE character (technically 2nd). I'm playing SSF and was able to kill uber eater, and got to last phase of uber maven, would kill her if wasn't so greedy with damage, pretty sure can kill all ubers except exarch (I'm very bad at ball phase, prolly because of low movement speed on my boots). Played a bit with cold snap because I got helmet enchant for it first, damage with cold snap is definetely lower than brand, but cold snap has a nice burst and frenzy charges with vaal version, still prefer brand. With my current gear I'm basically immortal in maps with any mods except no regen/ele reflect and melting any non uber pinnacle bosses. If your project for different builds is still alive I'd be very happy to see such detailed guide for dual-wielding dagger assasin (or anything melee dual-wield/two-handed), preferably SSF friendly version. Thank you again for great guide for new players.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info