[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

The passive skill tree content has moved to POB, you will see there leveling, SSF and trade skill trees
I have a question about Ghost Dance, why would we take it if we only have ~2k evasion and around 6,7k ES on SSF with late endgame items according to POB. Doesn't that mean we cant recover above 2k? And POB shows that we have 17k armor, although we only have armour on shield, what am I missing? Thx in advance for answer
"
andj22 wrote:
I have a question about Ghost Dance, why would we take it if we only have ~2k evasion and around 6,7k ES on SSF with late endgame items according to POB. Doesn't that mean we cant recover above 2k? And POB shows that we have 17k armor, although we only have armour on shield, what am I missing? Thx in advance for answer

Without knowing the context and your reference, it’s hard for me to answer directly but you’re right about ghost dance. You only take it if you have high (about 20k and above) Evasion. This is achievable with Grace and hybrid EV/ES glove and boots. I ran it last week together with determination, defiance banner, 100% spell suppression and tempest shield, it felt better while bossing compared to Aegis Aurora (I know because I switch to this when it dropped for me). I also ran disorienting display on large cluster so it was good even while farming. I’ll highly recommend this if you’re in SSF and has a prism guardian.

As for 20k armour, it’s easily achievable with determination and defiance banner. With aegis Aurora I’m already hitting 50k armour with flasks on (I automated them). It’ll hit 60K when I finally get Crown of inward eyes (Sirus refused to drop it so far).
Last edited by hadc on Jun 8, 2022, 9:35:42 PM
"
Without knowing the context and your reference, it’s hard for me to answer directly but you’re right about ghost dance. You only take it if you have high (about 20k and above) Evasion. This is achievable with Grace and hybrid EV/ES glove and boots.

The tree in POB for SSF has both Ghost Dance and Divine Shield and according to calculated stats in POB we only had 2k evasion, that's why I was wondering about that. Shouldn't we focus on either armor or evasion. It's my 2nd char and I don't really have deep understanding of poe mechanics

Also a noob question is Spell block chance = Spell suppresion or is it something else?
"
andj22 wrote:
"
Without knowing the context and your reference, it’s hard for me to answer directly but you’re right about ghost dance. You only take it if you have high (about 20k and above) Evasion. This is achievable with Grace and hybrid EV/ES glove and boots.

The tree in POB for SSF has both Ghost Dance and Divine Shield and according to calculated stats in POB we only had 2k evasion, that's why I was wondering about that. Shouldn't we focus on either armor or evasion. It's my 2nd char and I don't really have deep understanding of poe mechanics

Also a noob question is Spell block chance = Spell suppresion or is it something else?

That might be a mistake in the POB then. This build should focus on armour because it works very well with Aegis Aurora (very expensive this league). Spell block is not the same as spell suppression. In SSF I will value spell suppression very highly before you get your hands on prism guardian or aegis Aurora. You can get more than 35% spell suppression from rare EV/ES hybrid shield.
"
andj22 wrote:
"

I am pretty sure SSF pob uses Grace so that's where you evasion comes from and will easily get you over 10k evasion with hybrid gear hadc suggested.

Spell Block prevents you from taking spell damage completely if a spell hit is blocked without using glancing blows and can be capped at 75%.

Spell Suppression is capped at 100% but only prevents half of the damage taken from a spell hit.

Both are very good defense mechanics for spell hits. You don't need both.
Spell block is much easier to get from the tree on this build and has sources of ES recovery from the shield (Shaper, ES on block mod or Aegis Aurora) So I wouldn't worry about getting spell Suppression.

However if you want spell Suppression you get it using recombinators to transfer spell Suppression on to Energy Shield bases, but since your new I wouldn't suggest it.
Last edited by donbrawler on Jun 9, 2022, 7:49:11 AM
Question for you Cold DOT experts,

What are the advantages and disadvantages of using Wintertide Brand with Vortex instead of Vaal Coldsnap with Vortex? Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated!!! I play HC Trade league if that helps steer the info / advice a certain way. Thank you very much!!!

v/r

Mister26
WTB is a little better for clear, but with cold snap you get better overall DPS. WTB does take time to ramp up damage too, and requires stacking multiple brands to make it happen. When it came to groups of tougher monsters, i found Vortex+CS winning out.
Hi guys, sick of league cause nothing is going good for me, dropped 1ex only and all my crafts have failed so back in standard to have some fun.
Tried a Guardian phantasmal crackling lance build using Coruscating elixir flask but felt it just too "clunky".
So my questions is there any way i can improve with around 80ex?
Also have a legacy Aegis Aurora and was wondering if using it would be a bonus?
With legacy i loose 2% phys damage reduction (82% - 80%) and i loose 600ES but gain 2% of ES for armour when i block.
Is the extra 2% worth the trade off?
End game bosses is my wish.
Thanks guys.
Beginner question - in the "Step 2: Find the right bases" section it mentions ES vs Armour/ES hybrid. Which should I be going for in SSF?
Running heists fully zoomed in... because

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info