[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Vennto wrote:
"
Hi,

Can anyone help with my DPS problem?

Everything takes AGES to die. I finally solved the "dying all the time" issue, I think, but now I have a serious lack of DPS.

What can I start bettering in my gear/tree?
Veritania/Al-Hezmin were sooooo tough, it's ridiculous...

- 6link chest, thats 35% more dmg.

- Cold dot multi on gloves

- helmet enchant

Thanks, man! Appreciate it- I'll start working on those.
"
"
Vennto wrote:
"
Hi,

Can anyone help with my DPS problem?

Everything takes AGES to die. I finally solved the "dying all the time" issue, I think, but now I have a serious lack of DPS.

What can I start bettering in my gear/tree?
Veritania/Al-Hezmin were sooooo tough, it's ridiculous...

- 6link chest, thats 35% more dmg.

- Cold dot multi on gloves

- helmet enchant

Thanks, man! Appreciate it- I'll start working on those.

TBH I have all of these and bosses still take an eternity. Actually failed an invitation with no rippy mods because i legit couldn't do enough dps to kill Drox banners fast enough and all the bosses just had permanent ES I could not break through. Ended up rerolling because I legit can't figure out how to squeeze more dps out of this. Bit disappointed, because its tanky, which i love. Anyone with tips on how to get some more damage out of this would be great.
"
axxidentprone wrote:

TBH I have all of these and bosses still take an eternity. Actually failed an invitation with no rippy mods because i legit couldn't do enough dps to kill Drox banners fast enough and all the bosses just had permanent ES I could not break through. Ended up rerolling because I legit can't figure out how to squeeze more dps out of this. Bit disappointed, because its tanky, which i love. Anyone with tips on how to get some more damage out of this would be great.

You can invest in more +gem levels like empower (3 is fine, 4 is better, drop hypothermia), max level awakened ele focus (buy harvest facetor lenses or tora researches to level it fast), +1 cold gem amulet (+2 if you are really rich or lucky with recombinators). Crown of the inward eye lets you drop tranquility on your amulet and anoint another damage node like divine judgement (crown with wintertide brand enchant is 30-50c as of time of post) . Jewels with dot multi/cold dot multi should give more damage than % spell damage (ES%+cold dot multi+dot multi combo is ~2ex as of time of post). If you can drop defiance banner or brand recall for arcane surge, there's more damage there.

Gameplay wise you need to let the brands stay attached for as long as possible because it does take a decent amount of time for them to ramp up to their max stage. Also you should always keep the boss under a vortex to make use of bonechill effect. I know the brand playstyle lets you kite the boss, but to maximize dps you really need to be under the boss for vortex, aspect of the spider stacks, -cold res from occultist node.
"
a1mostthere wrote:
Is there an option for the amulet to go pandemonius instead of chayula? or is the presence of chayula that much better for this build?

Also cruising thru the game with build on a 5 link shavs! Build is surprisingly fun!

Only Alternative gems worth it for the build are Divergent Tempest Shield and Anomalous Vortex but its needs to be 21/20 to be worth it over a 21/0 Vortex.

Gem levels are most important thing when it comes to cold dot specially Vortex gets most benefit.

If you get Ashes of stars both of these gems get a really good boost to alt quality
Last edited by donbrawler on May 27, 2022, 12:35:07 AM
"
FacesReality wrote:

You can invest in more +gem levels like empower (3 is fine, 4 is better, drop hypothermia)

While I agree that gems levels are always important. Empower does no scale Winter Tide damage in the way other spells benefit. Hypothermia is actually more damage than empower 4 in most cases unless your empower pushes winter tide over level 27 but still very minimal dps (only 200k) upgrade over hypothermia and to hit a level 27 Winter tide is most likely 50ex investment in gear. There much cheaper items that give way my more DPS

Example in shak's POB
with just starter endgame gear and 90 trade tree Vortex and WTB enabled with full DPS
Hypothermia as 6th link 569K Sirus DPS
Empower 4 as 6th link 565k Sirus DPS

So in short Empower should never be used with Winter Tide ever unless you can hit level 27 or higher Winter Tide Brand.

Empower should always be used in Vortex links if possible though.

Empowers are expensive, spend your currency on something that actually increases dps like clusters, +2 wand very good dot multi cobalts jewels ect..

Last edited by donbrawler on May 27, 2022, 1:00:57 AM
Thanks Faces & Don, that is really helpful. Appreciate it!
Anyone that wants a bunch of free points on tree there is new tech in using the new impossible escape jewel and transcendent mind. Using this saves you 5 points and only cost around 3ex total. You get season of ice back in build both breathe of rythme and heart of ice and transcendent mind gives pretty much same dot multi as watchers eye.

you can also get 10% curse effect for 1 point instead of three which is nice dps increase also

Impossible Jewel link

Transcendent Mind Cobalt Jewel link
Last edited by donbrawler on May 27, 2022, 2:37:25 AM
Hello,
thanks very much for the guide.
A few beginner questions:

1). What is the cheapest/wisest way to make the armor 6 sockets then 6 link?
- I have a recipe on the crafting bench for linking 6 sockets, but its 1500 fusing. I have 150.
- if I buy all the fusing that would cost 500 chaos. that would still mean I have it on 6 sockets (which I do not)
- if I buy the armor already 6l that would cost 3.5 Exalts.

2). If a target stands in 2-3 overlapping Vortex pool, will it take 2-3 times the damage? or just once.

Thank you.
"
scorburel wrote:
Hello,
thanks very much for the guide.
A few beginner questions:

1). What is the cheapest/wisest way to make the armor 6 sockets then 6 link?
- I have a recipe on the crafting bench for linking 6 sockets, but its 1500 fusing. I have 150.
- if I buy all the fusing that would cost 500 chaos. that would still mean I have it on 6 sockets (which I do not)
- if I buy the armor already 6l that would cost 3.5 Exalts.

2). If a target stands in 2-3 overlapping Vortex pool, will it take 2-3 times the damage? or just once.

Thank you.

Just buy the armor already 6-linked, that´s probably the cheapest way to do it if you don´t feel lucky. I threw like 600 fusings and six-linked 2 chests, but I did that for fun as a gamble, u would never do that if you are starved for money so 100% guarantee for 3.5ex? I´ll take that all day.
"
axxidentprone wrote:
Thanks Faces & Don, that is really helpful. Appreciate it!

also, you can then swap to whispers of doom and add punishment into your setup as another dps-curse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info