[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Thanks man, I really appreciate you taking your time explaining stuff.

Will LL suck a lot without the Aegis tho... hehe. I'll give it a shot, I feel I'm already on a hard spot :-/
Shak,

Long time fan, first time reaching out to you. I play Occultist Vortex / Cold Snap always as my main league starter for HC. The highest I’ve gotten is 95 and died due to laziness. I have yet to beat several end game bosses, therefore even after 8 years of experience, this noob is still horribad and learning. I have a few questions for who I think is the DOT SME. Here we go:

1. In your guide, you have bane, elemental weakness, frostbite, and punishment linked together. Ascendency only allows for 2 curses, on your tree you are not specced for 3 curses. What am I missing?

2. Can you give me what I should be focusing on in HC. You briefly state drop brands and go cold snap, but can you go into more detail. Offense, defense, mapping, gear, etc…

v/r

Mister26
Fun build, but in the POB you have gloves with influenced Hunter Cold DOT AND modified to include an exposure implicit from Eater. This is not possible in game, to my knowledge, as ichors cannot be used on influenced items. Is there something I'm missing here?
"

Will LL suck a lot without the Aegis tho... hehe. I'll give it a shot, I feel I'm already on a hard spot :-/

LL can definitely be a bit glass cannon until you get higher level and enough energy shield. But it also is one you can really gear up to the 9s and take it very far. Really comes down to comfort level whether you play that, or play a CI version until you get better stuff. You can probably trade for a decent 5L ES body armor to use with CI until you gain some more levels/currency to play with.
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"

LL can definitely be a bit glass cannon until you get higher level and enough energy shield. But it also is one you can really gear up to the 9s and take it very far. Really comes down to comfort level whether you play that, or play a CI version until you get better stuff. You can probably trade for a decent 5L ES body armor to use with CI until you gain some more levels/currency to play with.

Thanks, man.

I switched to LL just to try and not ditch Shavs, and it's going better than on CI. I think I'll keep on LL nd see what I can improve further.
Pushing endgame is a terrible feeling this league for this build as it severely lacks damage for a decent mapping experience unless I intentionally skip sentinel buffs.

Armor mitigations, 6.2k ES, Overcapped resists (+1/2% max), multi immunity (stun, freeze, chill, burning, chaos) and ignite avoidance. It will be complete with immunity to corrupted blood on jewel - does not save you from random 1 shots with buffed content on >T13 maps especially with the archnemesis changes.

This is of course before we get BiS like Aegis Aurora with higher block % and regen ES on block - which costs up to 8ex this league thus far.

That said, levelling this has been a breeze and really hits the stride starting act 6-10.

Doing red maps now so far the mapping isnt too bad except for the occasional bull crap archnemesis mod, So far single target has been pretty hard for me as a lot of the mobs are pretty buff, any advise on how to improve that moving forward? My gear is below, so far no cluster set up as i'm trying to roll it through harvest.

"
mister26 wrote:
1. In your guide, you have bane, elemental weakness, frostbite, and punishment linked together. Ascendency only allows for 2 curses, on your tree you are not specced for 3 curses. What am I missing?

Punishment (and the accompanying Whispers of Doom notable on the tree) is only included for the pre-LL version. If you look at the skill gems for the Trade LL version, you'll notice he drops the Punishment curse as well as the +1 curse notable.
Thanks so much for the build guide! It's really well done, and it's one of the best I've used. Very strong with minimal gear, only going up from here!
Hello and thanks for the great guide! This league I am trying HC SSF with this build. From my understanding Armor/ES hybrid would be the best choice to start at + Molten Shell, right? Any other tips you can offer? Thanks in advance :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info