[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Waldmannlein wrote:

I thought I saw in the POB under the notes area a place where he tried to explain how to craft the wand. :)
Thought the guide was how to spam essence on driftwood wand and then multicraft on it. I could be wrong though
"
eosguy wrote:
"
marki890 wrote:
Hi guys,

actually farming up for my next big upgrades. according to POB a Wand with +1 cold spells and +1 all spells would be the biggest boost.

Do anyone has a guide how to craft this?
I was thinking of purchasing a fractured weapon with one of this prefixes.

What do you think? Tips?

I would like to know as well. Seems to be very dependent on luck, so maybe getting a fractured base is easiest.

+2 wand is really expensive to make because they are both prefix so even with a fractured wand you can’t alt+aug spam for +2. The way I’d do it is
1. get a fractured “+1 all spell” wand (usually 20ex and above)
2. then spam frigid fossil till you get +1 cold spell or use harvest craft (cold more common).
3. Then you hope to have open prefix (to multi mod % spell) and suffix. Annul if you don’t have it, start over if you remove +1 all cold
4. Once you have open prefix and suffix, craft prefix can’t be change then scour.
5. Craft multi mod for % spell dmg and % cold dot multi
6. Craft aspect of spider (if you need it here)

This is a very expensive craft so only do it if you at least have 30-40ex sitting around. The cheaper method is buy a T1 %cold dot multi fractured and alt-aug spam for +1 cold/spell, around 300 tries. Then multi mod. Cost around 7ex but maybe 5-10% less dmg than a proper +2 wand, very good value.

The wand I’m currently using cost me 20/30C, 4C %spell dmg craft and 9c aspect of spider. I have 3mil Sirus DPS now LOL
Last edited by hadc on Feb 16, 2022, 11:41:19 PM
Bang for buck unfortunately i have to rate this build at very low.
I find the build has ok damage but suffers survivability unless the player has really good movement skills to avoid damage.
Rating on this build at 10ex would be 50%.
"
hadc wrote:

The wand I’m currently using cost me 20/30C, 4C %spell dmg craft and 9c aspect of spider. I have 3mil Sirus DPS now LOL

Wow that's a lot of DPS. But I guess your amulet helps as well since you've gotten your Chaos res from elsewhere.

Would you recommend a watcher's eye with +armour with determination and ES regen with Malevolence, or one with regens with Malevolence and Discipline?

Currently my regen is sitting around 800 per sec with the first option it'll be 900 and the second option it'll be close to 1100 per sec.
"
eosguy wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

Wow that's a lot of DPS. But I guess your amulet helps as well since you've gotten your Chaos res from elsewhere.

Would you recommend a watcher's eye with +armour with determination and ES regen with Malevolence, or one with regens with Malevolence and Discipline?

Currently my regen is sitting around 800 per sec with the first option it'll be 900 and the second option it'll be close to 1100 per sec.

I took %mana as ES with clarity and % cold dmg with hatred. I feel there’s enough armor and ES regen especially if you’re using Aegis Aurora, what would kill you is spell so this league I’m trying to do full spell suppression with EV/ES glove and boots and some more from tree, see if it’s possible.
Does switching from Hypothermia to Empower 4 on Wintertide Brand provide a significant DPS upgrade or is it more of a min-max thing? PoB stats don't show any meaningful increase in DPS.
"
hadc wrote:

I took %mana as ES with clarity and % cold dmg with hatred. I feel there’s enough armor and ES regen especially if you’re using Aegis Aurora, what would kill you is spell so this league I’m trying to do full spell suppression with EV/ES glove and boots and some more from tree, see if it’s possible.

OK I'm gonna get few more levels then try spell suppression as well. Getting all the necessary stats on the gear is the hardest part.

BTW is it better to craft cold damage + chance to freeze as prefix over damage over time? According to the guide it's suggested DOT if one already has spell damage and +1 on the wand.

I checked with POB and it seems cold damage + chance to freeze gives more DPS to wintertide and vortex.
"
eosguy wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

OK I'm gonna get few more levels then try spell suppression as well. Getting all the necessary stats on the gear is the hardest part.

BTW is it better to craft cold damage + chance to freeze as prefix over damage over time? According to the guide it's suggested DOT if one already has spell damage and +1 on the wand.

I checked with POB and it seems cold damage + chance to freeze gives more DPS to wintertide and vortex.

I don’t think you can craft the unveiled % cold dmg + freeze if you already have % spell dmg. The guide is right because the highest tier crafted % spell dmg has slightly higher stat.

Be warned that you’ll lose a lot of ES if you go EV/ES gloves and boots, so maybe only try it when you have really good gears everywhere else.
"
hadc wrote:

I don’t think you can craft the unveiled % cold dmg + freeze if you already have % spell dmg. The guide is right because the highest tier crafted % spell dmg has slightly higher stat.

Be warned that you’ll lose a lot of ES if you go EV/ES gloves and boots, so maybe only try it when you have really good gears everywhere else.

OK Noted. BTW are you HadCXW on YouTube?
"
eosguy wrote:
"
hadc wrote:

OK Noted. BTW are you HadCXW on YouTube?

✌🏼

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info