[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
eosguy wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
EDMOSES wrote:
Crown of the inward eye v Rime Cage?

Seems Rime Gaze is the winner for damage but not really sure how Crown affects our build?

Rime cage gives higher DPS for the gem slotted in helmet but overall not by much. Crown gives free “tranquility” so you can get another DPS anointment on amulet so it’s really not that bad. Crown gives a lot of survivability especially after this build started using determination and defiance banner. I’ll take crown over rime gaze anytime.

What anointment do you suggest on amulet if I were to switch to crown?

For either DPS or for more ES/ES regen etc

Off the top of my head divine judgement (DPS) and unnatural calm (ES) but there are many other options depending on budget and what you already took on the tree.
"
hadc wrote:

Off the top of my head divine judgement (DPS) and unnatural calm (ES) but there are many other options depending on budget and what you already took on the tree.

I already have Divine Judgement by using thread of hope and Unnatural is already on my tree.

Was thinking of anointing Season of Ice for DPS. Not sure what else is good if I were to go ES or ES regen route.

The good and bad about POE is that there is too many options! :(
"
weeprab wrote:
What do you guys think of my variant with

combo it with

and

and a bit of aura effect and i have 89% all max res! im pretty much unkillable and can also use a
for ~280% increased cold dmg

I love the max res. I would have done that myself if I was playing cold dot this League.

However, increased cold damage from nebulis is sort of bait for cold dot build. at low gear level investment, it will do the job and is good for the budget.

+2 multimoded wand will still be better even at your gear level you can verify in pob

very cool that you're experimenting though :D
Last edited by donbrawler on Feb 13, 2022, 7:10:46 PM
I haven't found a mention for helmet enchant in the guide. Is there any particular ones that are very good?
"
Bizze79 wrote:
I haven't found a mention for helmet enchant in the guide. Is there any particular ones that are very good?

Wintertide has +4 stages or
Bane has 15% more effect
I've been enjoying the Wintertide brand change this league for mapping (good match to league mechanics etc!) after returning from missing a few leagues. Good job Shak, nice to level and play as always!

In the past, I'd skip CI and go straight for low life with Shavs, etc. Is that still a good idea with the way the build is made currently? I suspect you need a minimum character level now to spec enough on the tree? Did anybody switch early and can share their experience?

Or is it better to spend the cash building into the CI version first and switch at a certain level ie 85 or so?

BTW @weeprab love the interaction with the Purity of Ice and Melding of the Flesh. Really nice spot, but hard work to get that many resists on your gear with the -70% applied! Looks like it might be worth it though.
I have a question about the Crystal Belt from the PoB. How important it the "increased energy shield recovery" mod on it? I really need 55str on the belt and getting both of those mods seems like a pain.
For the high dex/strength requirements, on level 90+ I left the +30 dexterity node enabled and changed the attributes mastery node to "+5 to strength per allocated mastery passive skill". This build is a blast, but is anyone else struggling with Blight? Maybe I'm doing it wrong. It doesn't seem that vortex casts enough for those dense mobs and the brand can't attach to enough monsters to make a significant impact. Beyond that, its been a blast play.

Thanks in advance.
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
weeprab wrote:
What do you guys think of my variant with

combo it with

and

and a bit of aura effect and i have 89% all max res! im pretty much unkillable and can also use a
for ~280% increased cold dmg

I love the max res. I would have done that myself if I was playing cold dot this League.

However, increased cold damage from nebulis is sort of bait for cold dot build. at low gear level investment, it will do the job and is good for the budget.

+2 multimoded wand will still be better even at your gear level you can verify in pob

very cool that you're experimenting though :D

thanks i agree a multimod +2 wand would be better but i got my nebulis for 10c so its a good budget option for now. I got the +1 max res amulet anoint now so i have 90% all max res :D
NVM
Last edited by Necksbro on Feb 14, 2022, 11:22:55 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info