[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
hadc wrote:
"
tduong wrote:
Decided to spec out of wintertide brand and back to the standard vortex, feel much better for me...

I just did Hydra and Phoenix (guardian’s aid) in a rare map with my 5L Shav LOL, but I do have a large cluster jewel. I’m still stuck with my triple Cold DOT (CF, Vaal CS & Vortex), shall switch to WTB when I have more DPS gears. The good thing about so many playing WTB is that I got lvl21 Vortex and CF for cheap 😁

Most Level 21/20 gems are cheap this league.

I had a 21/20 VD drop day one that still remains unsold for 5c lol.
livejamie
I'm in a similar boat, trying to take the build beyond a league start into yellow maps is proving difficult.

I'm probably going to sell my shavs and other stuff and build a boss killer.
"
bagusaa wrote:
I'm in a similar boat, trying to take the build beyond a league start into yellow maps is proving difficult.

Cold DOT is a good boss killer, I just did eater of the world, still with a 5L shav..
I'm pushing to the last few red maps on the atlas. Single target DPS is really lacking (working on it but pretty slowly), Glancing Blows helped survival immensely, DOT still kills me, ES is at 5k with 900 regen during mapping.
"
bagusaa wrote:

I did all the endgame bosses with a 5L Shavs + very basic gear (this was day 2-3). Not deathless but I expect with upgrades like 6L, WE, etc it would be really easy. It's not instaphasing like seismic trap but bossing generally pretty easy with all the slows and consistent damage.
How do you guys get enough ES/Life regen? Mine is just around 300 and sometimes still die to trash mobs.

I have glancing blows and my block is at 75 / 74
"
"
bagusaa wrote:

I did all the endgame bosses with a 5L Shavs + very basic gear (this was day 2-3). Not deathless but I expect with upgrades like 6L, WE, etc it would be really easy. It's not instaphasing like seismic trap but bossing generally pretty easy with all the slows and consistent damage.

Maybe I'm bad. I feel like I'm getting 1-shotted by yellow map bosses with fairly decent gear (IMO) I'm like 1/2 way to end game gear. Doesn't bode well for red maps and more juice. I've done ubers and A8 before I took a few leagues off.

Is the Feb 5th pastebin POB what you all are using?
"
eosguy wrote:
How do you guys get enough ES/Life regen? Mine is just around 300 and sometimes still die to trash mobs.

Vile bastion, Vitality with zealot’s oath (200es/s), ES regen craft on belt (150es/s), ES regen Mastery, life regen mastery (works because of zealots oath), vile reinvigoration, Life regen on passive tree. I always get at least 800-900 ES regen baseline at idle without flask.

With divine shield it’s easily in 1500 ES/s while farming even with my current setup (prism guardian). With aegis Aurora (or any ES on block) and high block chance it’s going to be much higher.
Last edited by hadc on Feb 10, 2022, 10:21:14 PM
"
hadc wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Vile bastion, Vitality with zealot’s oath (200es/s), ES regen craft on belt (150es/s), ES regen Mastery, life regen mastery (works because of zealots oath), vile reinvigoration, Life regen on passive tree. I always get at least 800-900 ES regen baseline at idle without flask.

With divine shield it’s easily in 1500 ES/s while farming even with my current setup (prism guardian). With aegis Aurora (or any ES on block) and high block chance it’s going to be much higher.

Thanks! I'll have a look at my passive tree and make some changes, along with my gear.

BTW did you take Glancing Blows? I'm thinking that my Occultist might have problem with trash mobs due to blocking all the hits at one go and dying to it due to 65% damage taken from blocked attacks, or something like that.
Last edited by eosguy on Feb 10, 2022, 11:29:35 PM
"
eosguy wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
eosguy wrote:

Thanks! I'll have a look at my passive tree and make some changes, along with my gear.

BTW did you take Glancing Blows? I'm thinking that my Occultist might have problem with trash mobs due to blocking all the hits at one go and dying to it due to 65% damage taken from blocked attacks, or something like that.

No I don’t because I’m using prism guardian. Only take glancing blow when you can recover enough from the block like Aegis Aurora (if you have high armor) or %ES gain from shaper shield.”

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info