[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Tomtah wrote:
How do you fit both malevolance and vitality on your life reserve auras? I can only fit vitality after I got my shavs.

if you cant fit malevolence alone with life its mean you missing mastery
I tried the new version out, got most of the basics (Shav, Aegis, Presence, etc) and it feels better than Vortex/Snap in some ways and feels absofuckinglutely trash in other ways.

The map clear feels great as WTB will just clear things without even the need for Vortex's chill/damage boost. Brands took a minute to get used to the cadence for casting/recalling but once you do it's all smooth. The survivability is usually pretty ok.

However the damage is low when you push into higher content and last season I was smashing through Conqs/Guardians/etc with low effort and WTB is just struggling to keep up. The loss of Hatred as an aura was huge. A lot of map mods can't be done reliably. I feel like I'm playing my defensive Caustic Arrow Raider.

I keep trying to think that pouring more money into the build will fix it and make it better but I could just invest that into another build instead. Vortex/Snap gave you enough damage to easily push into the beginning end game content on a relative budget/start and this new build feels more like a good map farmer who can do some starting end game content that's used to swap to a better build.
"
KodiakX wrote:
I tried the new version out, got most of the basics (Shav, Aegis, Presence, etc) and it feels better than Vortex/Snap in some ways and feels absofuckinglutely trash in other ways.

The map clear feels great as WTB will just clear things without even the need for Vortex's chill/damage boost. Brands took a minute to get used to the cadence for casting/recalling but once you do it's all smooth. The survivability is usually pretty ok.

However the damage is low when you push into higher content and last season I was smashing through Conqs/Guardians/etc with low effort and WTB is just struggling to keep up. The loss of Hatred as an aura was huge. A lot of map mods can't be done reliably. I feel like I'm playing my defensive Caustic Arrow Raider.

I keep trying to think that pouring more money into the build will fix it and make it better but I could just invest that into another build instead. Vortex/Snap gave you enough damage to easily push into the beginning end game content on a relative budget/start and this new build feels more like a good map farmer who can do some starting end game content that's used to swap to a better build.

Sup dude.

You have low damage for your level.
I looked at your POB you can get 50% more damage if you:

Grab a large cluster with two-bois, like Prismatic and widespread. (1 chaos)
Drop Heart of Ice (4 regret)

And take the shorter path to Whispers of Doom (1 regret)

You go from 270k to 390k dps

Will make the build feel mucho smoother!

If you can fit divine judgment as your annoint instead of practical application that brings you to 428, juicy! (less than 10c, may need to figure out how to get res and dex/str back through rares)

Almost doubled damage for roughly 20c
Good luck exile.
Last edited by Ferdin on Feb 8, 2022, 12:37:46 PM
Spoiler
"
Ferdin wrote:
"
KodiakX wrote:

"
Ferdin wrote:

Sup dude.

If you can fit divine judgment as your annoint instead of practical application that brings you to 428, juicy! (less than 10c, may need to figure out how to get res and dex/str back through rares)

Good luck exile.

Hey, coudl you check mine please?
"
kazeshinii wrote:
Spoiler
"
Ferdin wrote:
"
KodiakX wrote:

"
Ferdin wrote:

Sup dude.

Good luck exile.

Hey, coudl you check mine please?

For around 20c you could get the shaper ring and a decent rare elder ring bringing you from 426k to 506k dps

Thats half-a-mil boiii
Hey guys, playing this build for the first time. I guess im doing something pretty wrong cuz i keep dying in low red maps.
My flasks are up 100% so it cant be my resis right?
Got just about 40c to my name but i could farm some low maps if the investment isnt too high ( if my shit is too broken ill reroll i think )

https://pastebin.com/8kLJGvz8

Edit : Low maps = yellow, they work really well.
Btw i dumbshit bought a non link shavs ( thinking i could easily go from CI to LL and 6 linking it in the meantime ), aegis aurora and a mark of the shaper
Last edited by betula on Feb 8, 2022, 3:14:23 PM
"
betula wrote:
Hey guys, playing this build for the first time. I guess im doing something pretty wrong cuz i keep dying in low red maps.
My flasks are up 100% so it cant be my resis right?
Got just about 40c to my name but i could farm some low maps if the investment isnt too high ( if my shit is too broken ill reroll i think )

https://pastebin.com/8kLJGvz8

Edit : Low maps = yellow, they work really well.
Btw i dumbshit bought a non link shavs ( thinking i could easily go from CI to LL and 6 linking it in the meantime ), aegis aurora and a mark of the shaper

I dont have time to look atm.

But you could easily just 4-link the shavs until you get a 5-link harvest.
Grab a Prism Guardian for cheap, at which point you become an aura bot.

And enjoy steamrolling stuff for a few more tiers :)
"
Ferdin wrote:

Good luck exile.

I want to start off by saying I appreciate the effort and I am not trying to just be argumentative here or anything.

My POB has me sitting at around 443k already utilizing Shak's Wintertide Brand increase in the Config (Wintertide Brand deals 180% more damage.), or around 646k full damage with Vortex and Brand together. This damage is enough to complete some bosses, but it is not enough to be competitive by any stretch of the margin for where I am at gear wise. In similar gear with Vortex/Snap I was sitting at over a million DPS easily in his previous build.

As to your advice, looking up a Prismatic/Widespread Large cluster it's 22c+ for that combo. Going up that side and getting Prismatic/Widespread (5 points, refunding the Curse node)is 90k damage vs the 97k I get from the 4 points in Heart of Ice for 4 points. It's more damage for zero cost, and certainly doesn't double anything. I could still do this with Season of Ice however and get a 40k bump there instead for it's 5 points.

I am working on changing up my resists/stats, but it's very difficult with the Aegis Aurora having such lower resists compared to a Prism Guardian and still trying to fit all my stats on Jewelry (belt, gloves, ring) so I can also fit a Mark of the Shaper on for another big damage increase. Same will also let me get Transfiguration of Soul as an Annoint.

However even with all of this it's still pretty sad DPS compared to Vortex/Snap which again was 1M+ by this point pretty effortlessly. Even when my jewels finish releveling back to 20/20 I'm looking at maybe 1M total DPS where as similar point I was nearing 2M DPS on the Vortex/Snap, and cheaper because could go for Hatred Watcher Eyes instead of Malev (always 10ex+).

Again feels like the build traded out a mix of mapping/early late game bossing functionality for basically better map clear/farm so you can swap to a real build after which is kinda crap.
Np my dude, appreciate your input.
This is my setup now after some changes : https://pastebin.com/N5iXVPiR
I`ll run some yellow maps and report back.
If you could look into it when you have time that would be nice, ill go to bed soon anyway.

Edit : I skilled pain attunement, no worries. Pob just not updating :D
Why should i use vitality anyway? Am i not low life with just malevolance?
Edit2 : Updated Pob : https://pastebin.com/N5iXVPiR
Last edited by betula on Feb 8, 2022, 3:48:24 PM
"
Why should i use vitality anyway? Am i not low life with just malevolance?

With Zealot's Oath Vitality's life regen instead applies to Energy Shield, and a high level Vitality (if you can swing it) is a lot of flat regen applied towards ES.

This build compared to the old one relied on flat, high ES regen where as this one seems to revolve more around blocking to get ES restore. In your build for example you only have like 50 ES regen without killing anything (and you jump up to 700 after killing) which is going to be challenging for survivability on fights where you aren't killing things. You can block (Aegis Aurora), but without significant block it's not reliable ES return to compensate and without a Thread of Hope you can't get high block (no Glancing Blows).

You also don't have capped res, which is fine while you have flasks up but it's unlikely you're running flasks non-stop meaning any big sources of elemental damage are going to wreck you. I imagine a lot of Map modifiers are just terrifying with your Res.

Your damage is also low end because you've spec'd all defenses on the tree more or less. Your tree seems somewhere in between the Trade and Low Life switch which you gave up damage nodes but then never added damage clusters to compensate. Likely means you take a while to kill things in red maps which just puts more pressure on your sustain that only comes after killing or lucky blocks.

I'd remove points from Sanctum of Thought, put towards Heart of Ice (for now) till you can get decent Cluster setup. Need to fix Rings to get double/triple Res in there to fix resists, and possibly swinging Rage Essences on Crystal Belts for stats/res.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info