[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Are there avaliable somewhere pob trees for variant without wintertide?
"
zavviasso wrote:

just take the endgame ones. They are all with Vortex/ColdSnap

"
hadc wrote:
"
"
slocs wrote:
I tried leveling with this build yesterday and I really like it. I just found out you switched from 6L Vortex and 4L Cold Snap to 6L Wintertide and 4L Vortex. Is it that much better?

I thought that Snap and Vortex have been buffed now, so it should be much easier in 3.17 than in 3.16.

6L vortex + 4L cold snap should be as great as ever, however Shak has apparently focused entirely on wintertide so idk. I'm waiting to see what hadc says about this, he's the resident expert here at least in my eyes (besides Shak himself ofc).

I’m hardly an expert, played the last few leagues with Cold DOT but others (like DonBrawler) have been doing this much longer than I did.

Anyway my opinion is it really depends on your preference in playstyle and content. WTB is really good at clearing while 6L vortex is typically more bossing oriented with it’s higher DPS. I personally run Vortex and Vaal coldSnap together on the chest (so it’s 2x5 link) and it always gives higher DPS overall compared to a 6L vortex + 4L cold snap and I saved 4 gem slots in the process so I really like it. But again, I like bossing and don’t mind losing some clear speed so if clear is important to you then 6L WTB might be the way for you. I hope some genius will figure out a way to get 8-10mil Shaper DPS from WTB (I’ll do WTB when that happen). Try them out and have fun with it!!

Btw, 3.17 is looking like a bossing league so take that into consideration.

I will use them aswell for leveling/endgame, as I dont want Brands.

Thanks for the Informations hadc
Last edited by slocs on Feb 1, 2022, 4:37:08 AM
"
slocs wrote:
"
zavviasso wrote:

In Shack's 1.2 version? I dont see there setup with Vortex / Cold Snap
"
zavviasso wrote:
"
slocs wrote:
"
zavviasso wrote:

In Shack's 1.2 version? I dont see there setup with Vortex / Cold Snap

https://pastebin.com/payiC4fL
its disabled in the gem links section like all skills.

What about Orb of Storms? We still use it? Isnt it like dead for leveling?
Last edited by slocs on Feb 1, 2022, 6:31:56 AM
Sorry for being annoying but in that pastebin i dont see any Vortex / Cold snap setup. Only in notes there is mention about it. Also no skill trees for that setup (without brand nodes)
"
zavviasso wrote:
Sorry for being annoying but in that pastebin i dont see any Vortex / Cold snap setup. Only in notes there is mention about it. Also no skill trees for that setup (without brand nodes)

I’ve PM you, check your inbox. I don’t want to share here because this is Shak’s forum and my approach is not exactly the same as his. Good luck and have fun!
"
hadc wrote:
"
zavviasso wrote:

I’ve PM you, check your inbox. I don’t want to share here because this is Shak’s forum and my approach is not exactly the same as his. Good luck and have fun!

Hi, hadc, always feel thankful that you are sharing your experience here. The POB you were talking about above is the one in your video guide too or some updates there?

Also, I'd like to ask if you or anyone could share, while leveling, how to improve wands. I mean, in the later part of ACT 1, I use the vendor recipe to get add cold dmg to spell. afterward, another way that I could think is to use essence, if available. I thought flat dmg doesn't do much help for DOT dmg, any suggestions? Normally, at what level when I should think to upgrade wands? Thank you.
Last edited by TxE4GL3k on Feb 1, 2022, 12:11:02 PM
Did some testing and wintertide brand seems to do just fine as a main skill once you get it after entering the caverns, so that’s pretty cool. Will probably league start life based wintertide and then decide whether I want to plow everything into cold DOT or swap to an arakaali fang occultist for some S tier bossing.
"
hadc wrote:
"
"
slocs wrote:
I tried leveling with this build yesterday and I really like it. I just found out you switched from 6L Vortex and 4L Cold Snap to 6L Wintertide and 4L Vortex. Is it that much better?

I thought that Snap and Vortex have been buffed now, so it should be much easier in 3.17 than in 3.16.

6L vortex + 4L cold snap should be as great as ever, however Shak has apparently focused entirely on wintertide so idk. I'm waiting to see what hadc says about this, he's the resident expert here at least in my eyes (besides Shak himself ofc).

I’m hardly an expert, played the last few leagues with Cold DOT but others (like DonBrawler) have been doing this much longer than I did.

Anyway my opinion is it really depends on your preference in playstyle and content. WTB is really good at clearing while 6L vortex is typically more bossing oriented with it’s higher DPS. I personally run Vortex and Vaal coldSnap together on the chest (so it’s 2x5 link) and it always gives higher DPS overall compared to a 6L vortex + 4L cold snap and I saved 4 gem slots in the process so I really like it. But again, I like bossing and don’t mind losing some clear speed so if clear is important to you then 6L WTB might be the way for you. I hope some genius will figure out a way to get 8-10mil Shaper DPS from WTB (I’ll do WTB when that happen). Try them out and have fun with it!!

Btw, 3.17 is looking like a bossing league so take that into consideration.

I like what you're saying about using 2x5L instead of 6L+4L.. it saves up for either defensive or offesive things. What the PoB you're following for this build for 3.17? You can send it through PM if you want.

I hope they can cook up a big 8-10m SPDS build with brand, because that would help so much with clearing.
[/quote]

I like what you're saying about using 2x5L instead of 6L+4L.. it saves up for either defensive or offesive things. What the PoB you're following for this build for 3.17? You can send it through PM if you want.

I hope they can cook up a big 8-10m SPDS build with brand, because that would help so much with clearing.[/quote]

Just PMed you, I don’t follow any guide. Had lots of fun playing with the new tree in 3.16 and once you’ve done it enough you’ll be able to tweak it to your own liking too, have fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info