[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Do you guys know if the updated cold Dot POB that Shak was doing on his stream this week is available somewhere?
"
simhood wrote:
Do you guys know if the updated cold Dot POB that Shak was doing on his stream this week is available somewhere?

not yet (i assume he is still tweaking some stuff) but you should join shaks discord to be most up to date with a lot of friendly people to help out :)
"
hadc wrote:
"
I don't do the same build two leagues in a row, but I'm thinking about doing cold dot again. Nothing particularly relevant seems to have changed for the build as far as I can see in the patch notes. Crowns might be harder to get now that Sirus got demoted but other than that it should be as strong as before.

I thought it’ll be easier to farm Sirus since we get him with fragments like Elder and Shaper now? But it won’t be available very quickly and probably expensive seeing that a few streamers are talking up Sirus farming.

PS. I’ve league started Cold DOT since Ultimatum and will do it again in 3.17. It’s just too good and maybe because I’ve gotten so used to it now. This league is especially good since it’ll really be a bossing league. So exciting!

I mean I got the impression that Sirus wouldn't drop awakened gems anymore. Which would certainly make him a less popular farming option. Maybe I got it wrong though, the wording in the patch notes is somewhat obscure. Anyway, this has no bearing on cold dot's league starter viability, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.
In the first section you state Wintertide Brand is used now, but the pob still uses creeping frost (also the leveling guide).

Is Creeping Frost better ir Wintertide?
"
"
hadc wrote:
"
I don't do the same build two leagues in a row, but I'm thinking about doing cold dot again. Nothing particularly relevant seems to have changed for the build as far as I can see in the patch notes. Crowns might be harder to get now that Sirus got demoted but other than that it should be as strong as before.

I thought it’ll be easier to farm Sirus since we get him with fragments like Elder and Shaper now? But it won’t be available very quickly and probably expensive seeing that a few streamers are talking up Sirus farming.

PS. I’ve league started Cold DOT since Ultimatum and will do it again in 3.17. It’s just too good and maybe because I’ve gotten so used to it now. This league is especially good since it’ll really be a bossing league. So exciting!

I mean I got the impression that Sirus wouldn't drop awakened gems anymore. Which would certainly make him a less popular farming option. Maybe I got it wrong though, the wording in the patch notes is somewhat obscure. Anyway, this has no bearing on cold dot's league starter viability, so it shouldn't be much of an issue.

Yeah, Sirus will no longer drop awakened gems, those are going to the Maven and for the lesser ones her invitations.

You're right, the build should be as strong as before.
"
"
hadc wrote:
"

You’re right about awakened gems. Lots of people will farm conquerers and Sirus for the influenced items and awakener’s orb though. I’ll definitely farm Sirus if the conquerer maps are cheap 🙂
"
hadc wrote:

You’re right about awakened gems. Lots of people will farm conquerers and Sirus for the influenced items and awakener’s orb though. I’ll definitely farm Sirus if the conquerer maps are cheap 🙂

You could be right in fact. Let's see.

Btw you did respec to wintertide brand at some point, didn't you? How did it feel? Compared to just vortex+CS?
Question: are we going with vortex and cold snap or JUST vortex and winter tide?
"Bonus points if it is Scion/Witch because they have nice knees. Ranger has ugly knees and other characters are men so playing them would be homoerotic." - CAKE, 10/20/21
"
hadc wrote:
"
Fukurokage wrote:
I wonder if I will be able survive League / end-game bosses with 3.17 interation of this build. I love Vortex variant and cold-DoT, but DeadDealNoDamage.

This build can be a tank with some tweak check this out for real end game with 300ex budget
https://youtu.be/kFWM2PPXGQo

I have a budget version (6ex) in the same channel so give it a try if you like tanky variation of Cold DOT.

Thank you, looks very neat. I will probably give it a try :).
Do you guys think it would be possible to switch around the 4l winter tide brand and the 6l vortex around without making any changes to the tree or gear?

Edit: Actually nvm. I just checked the 3.17 pob posted on the Discord server and it seems we're running a 6l winter tide brand setup :)
Last edited by Undeadiscute on Jan 31, 2022, 4:35:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info