[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I tried leveling with this build yesterday and I really like it. I just found out you switched from 6L Vortex and 4L Cold Snap to 6L Wintertide and 4L Vortex. Is it that much better?

I thought that Snap and Vortex have been buffed now, so it should be much easier in 3.17 than in 3.16.
is this build gonna be viable for 3.17?
also i wanna say that this guide is amazing and everything is so detailed!
"
slocs wrote:
I tried leveling with this build yesterday and I really like it. I just found out you switched from 6L Vortex and 4L Cold Snap to 6L Wintertide and 4L Vortex. Is it that much better?

I thought that Snap and Vortex have been buffed now, so it should be much easier in 3.17 than in 3.16.

6L vortex + 4L cold snap should be as great as ever, however Shak has apparently focused entirely on wintertide so idk. I'm waiting to see what hadc says about this, he's the resident expert here at least in my eyes (besides Shak himself ofc).
Only the hit part of cold snap and vortex got buffed, so overall no huge change here.

Personally I prefer cold snap over wintertide brand because brand requires more skill points to work properly, while cold snap just works right out of the box.
hi,

what about replica allelopathie glove for this build ?
anyone have already try it ?

(not for start ofc ^^ )

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Replica_Allelopathy
"
"
slocs wrote:

6L vortex + 4L cold snap should be as great as ever, however Shak has apparently focused entirely on wintertide so idk. I'm waiting to see what hadc says about this, he's the resident expert here at least in my eyes (besides Shak himself ofc).

I turned on his stream last night for a few mins and saw in POB it said 6link WTB. I didn't get to ask about it since I had some stuff to do but hoping he makes an update post/video.

Started last league with a dud, so going this build this league so I know I have an enjoyable start.
I think I'll try this one. Thank you very much for the excellent guide!
Softcore, solo self-found.
----- Currently: -----
Power Siphon Locus Mine Trickster in Settlers of Kalguur
Is leveling with WTB starting at level 12 viable? Seems you should just be able to rush the brand keystone and cluster. Or does WTB need some levels and link before it can get going?
"
"
hadc wrote:

You’re right about awakened gems. Lots of people will farm conquerers and Sirus for the influenced items and awakener’s orb though. I’ll definitely farm Sirus if the conquerer maps are cheap 🙂

You could be right in fact. Let's see.

Btw you did respec to wintertide brand at some point, didn't you? How did it feel? Compared to just vortex+CS?

Yes I did to try it out and to confirm my suspicion. The clear is good with investment on tree and cast speed on gears but I’m really more into bossing and the valuable 10-15 points on brand is too much for my liking. So I’ll stick to the conventional Vortex&Cold Snap and try to fit creeping frost into the mix. Anyway, there isn’t a huge difference in gearing and tree between the conventional and WTB setup so go try it out and see which you prefer! Have a great 3.17 everyone!!
Last edited by hadc on Jan 31, 2022, 11:36:13 PM
"
"
slocs wrote:

I’m hardly an expert, played the last few leagues with Cold DOT but others (like DonBrawler) have been doing this much longer than I did.

Anyway my opinion is it really depends on your preference in playstyle and content. WTB is really good at clearing while 6L vortex is typically more bossing oriented with it’s higher DPS. I personally run Vortex and Vaal coldSnap together on the chest (so it’s 2x5 link) and it always gives higher DPS overall compared to a 6L vortex + 4L cold snap and I saved 4 gem slots in the process so I really like it. But again, I like bossing and don’t mind losing some clear speed so if clear is important to you then 6L WTB might be the way for you. I hope some genius will figure out a way to get 8-10mil Shaper DPS from WTB (I’ll do WTB when that happen). Try them out and have fun with it!!

Btw, 3.17 is looking like a bossing league so take that into consideration.
Last edited by hadc on Feb 1, 2022, 12:17:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info