[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Are we alive and well for 3.17?
"
Os Malaguetas wrote:
Are we alive and well for 3.17?

None of the critical mechanics that the build uses were touched. It should be fine for 3.17, unless there's a nerf I haven't recognized.
I wonder if I will be able survive League / end-game bosses with 3.17 interation of this build. I love Vortex variant and cold-DoT, but DeadDealNoDamage.
"
Fukurokage wrote:
I wonder if I will be able survive League / end-game bosses with 3.17 interation of this build. I love Vortex variant and cold-DoT, but DeadDealNoDamage.

This build can be a tank with some tweak check this out for real end game with 300ex budget
https://youtu.be/kFWM2PPXGQo

I have a budget version (6ex) in the same channel so give it a try if you like tanky variation of Cold DOT.
Last edited by hadc on Jan 29, 2022, 12:04:04 AM
Can i run Vile Bastion as last lab before CI conversion? I feel like it's better on ssf sc, since you can die and it's not big deal before like 95

It's first time I decided to play this bulid as a league starter and i do not know how much it's defenisve lose with this change. I mean you run determinatino which is OP, furthermore you play wand+shield so?
"
Fulcik wrote:
Can i run Vile Bastion as last lab before CI conversion? I feel like it's better on ssf sc, since you can die and it's not big deal before like 95

It's first time I decided to play this bulid as a league starter and i do not know how much it's defenisve lose with this change. I mean you run determinatino which is OP, furthermore you play wand+shield so?

Feel free to take vile bastion last if you’re doing SC. It’s easy to get the last ascendancy points now and people usually only transit to CI/LL after level 80 so you probably won’t lose much. I like to stay alive and Cold DOT has enough DPS to go red maps without expensive gears so I’ll usually take malediction last. Cheers!
"
hadc wrote:
"
Fulcik wrote:

Feel free to take vile bastion last if you’re doing SC. It’s easy to get the last ascendancy points now and people usually only transit to CI/LL after level 80 so you probably won’t lose much. I like to stay alive and Cold DOT has enough DPS to go red maps without expensive gears so I’ll usually take malediction last. Cheers!

Oh I thought Cold dot w/o good investment struggles with DMG in red maps' bosses and so on, cos i used to play many dot builds and it always struggles, but if you say it does not, I will consider to play Vile Bastion before Malediction. Thanks mate!
I don't do the same build two leagues in a row, but I'm thinking about doing cold dot again. Nothing particularly relevant seems to have changed for the build as far as I can see in the patch notes. Crowns might be harder to get now that Sirus got demoted but other than that it should be as strong as before.
"
I don't do the same build two leagues in a row, but I'm thinking about doing cold dot again. Nothing particularly relevant seems to have changed for the build as far as I can see in the patch notes. Crowns might be harder to get now that Sirus got demoted but other than that it should be as strong as before.

I thought it’ll be easier to farm Sirus since we get him with fragments like Elder and Shaper now? But it won’t be available very quickly and probably expensive seeing that a few streamers are talking up Sirus farming.

PS. I’ve league started Cold DOT since Ultimatum and will do it again in 3.17. It’s just too good and maybe because I’ve gotten so used to it now. This league is especially good since it’ll really be a bossing league. So exciting!
"
Fulcik wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
Fulcik wrote:

Oh I thought Cold dot w/o good investment struggles with DMG in red maps' bosses and so on, cos i used to play many dot builds and it always struggles, but if you say it does not, I will consider to play Vile Bastion before Malediction. Thanks mate!

Well it depends on how you define struggle. My lvl 94 SSF character (about 80 hours in-game) now does about 600k Sirus DPS (with malediction), take about 10 seconds to kill T16 map bosses and around 8-10 minutes to do A8 Sirus. So if you’re expecting anything faster earlier in the maps then you’ll probably enjoy taking Malediction earlier. But of course you’ll have much more DPS in trade league. Cheers!
Last edited by hadc on Jan 29, 2022, 11:18:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info