[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Zakk777 wrote:
Hi Idk what's wrong but I just converted to this build LL version and I;m 1 shoted oftem on t 16 maps. I'm playn carefully like totem- escape style with brand.
6144 es
Of course res cap + reduced 3/4 fire lightning in shavrone
chaos res 51
good dps
Just dropped frost bomb
corrupted bl immune( tree)

Any clusters cause I'm just change build but all is capped.

Do you have the medium clusters with brush with death and vile invigoration yet? Those give massive survivability during mapping by adding tons of ES recovery. Another thing is consider switching to crown of inward eyes for the armor, you can then dropped the Tranquility (I’m assuming you have that in amulet) and get another defensive annointment. You’ll lose some DPS but gain survivability if that’s your priority. Have fun!
"
hadc wrote:
This build can be extremely tanky with the right tweak. I took reference to the Lvl100 Vortex character and some HC builds, turns out it’s insanely strong with Molten shell. I also got about 2000 ES regen while mapping. I haven’t come close to dying yet (I delve and do maps including conquerers) since I reworked my tree to include more defence and molten shell. Sacrificed a little DPS but my goal is to push for lvl100 (98 was my highest ever) so we’ll see. It’s exciting 😛

Cool. But why don't you use chayula being LL? Don't you have problem with chaos damage?
Hi! I'm new in this kind of builds and some basic things aren't clear for me.

I'm LL version and I dont understand how to play this.

option 1: Just running with wintertide brand and I don't need vortex cause everything dies?

Option 2: Creeping frost chill packs then go with vortex and they dies?

Anyway if I'm just running with vortex I'm dead often cause cooldown and aoe and cause I'm in melee range and I have no insta- leech until mobs die for regen passives.

Maybe it's sounds nooby but how exacly this build should work in practice?

Should I just risk putting vortex around bosses and runaway before 1 or 2 deadly hits then debuffs for example? Or maybe 1brand 2 debuffs 3 vortex when they are chilled?

Isn't there any possibility to leech per % damage for example(Not for kill) for boss fights?

Last edited by Zakk777 on Nov 17, 2021, 10:17:25 PM
"
Zakk777 wrote:
Hi! I'm new in this kind of builds and some basic things aren't clear for me.

I'm LL version and I dont understand how to play this.

option 1: Just running with wintertide brand and I don't need vortex cause everything dies?

Option 2: Creeping frost chill packs then go with vortex and they dies?

Anyway if I'm just running with vortex I'm dead often cause cooldown and aoe and cause I'm in melee range and I have no insta- leech until mobs die for regen passives.

Maybe it's sounds nooby but how exacly this build should work in practice?

Should I just risk putting vortex around bosses and runaway before 1 or 2 deadly hits then debuffs for example? Or maybe 1brand 2 debuffs 3 vortex when they are chilled?

Isn't there any possibility to leech per % damage for example(Not for kill) for boss fights?

I have vortex bound to M1 and I just run around and it casts almost every 1 second so it's rarely on cooldown. I usually keep 5 brands active and recall them whenever I can to a big pack.
"
hadc wrote:
"
Zakk777 wrote:
Hi Idk what's wrong but I just converted to this build LL version and I;m 1 shoted oftem on t 16 maps. I'm playn carefully like totem- escape style with brand.
6144 es
chaos res 51
good dps
Just dropped frost bomb

Do you have the medium clusters with brush with death and vile invigoration yet? Those give massive survivability during mapping by adding tons of ES recovery. Another thing is consider switching to crown of inward eyes for the armor, you can then dropped the Tranquility (I’m assuming you have that in amulet) and get another defensive annointment. You’ll lose some DPS but gain survivability if that’s your priority. Have fun!

I'm just running with vortex on move. Btw I'll try change crown and finish rest of clusters for some surv cause running with vortex inside the packs can delete me easy is still some strange for me :p
"
FedeS wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
This build can be extremely tanky with the right tweak. I took reference to the Lvl100 Vortex character and some HC builds, turns out it’s insanely strong with Molten shell. I also got about 2000 ES regen while mapping. I haven’t come close to dying yet (I delve and do maps including conquerers) since I reworked my tree to include more defence and molten shell. Sacrificed a little DPS but my goal is to push for lvl100 (98 was my highest ever) so we’ll see. It’s exciting 😛

Cool. But why don't you use chayula being LL? Don't you have problem with chaos damage?

I have a ring with more than enough chaos res to cover whatever I lost from Eye of Chayula, so I’m still Chao res capped without using it. I’m using an amulet with +1 intel and +1 cold for DPS.
Last edited by hadc on Nov 18, 2021, 4:06:31 AM
I just added conservation energy small cluster 2 passives with es, and now I feel so much safer. 0,3 es leech is so big deal with LL total spell damage. now I have es back without killing anything and for bossfighs.
"
Zakk777 wrote:
I just added conservation energy small cluster 2 passives with es, and now I feel so much safer. 0,3 es leech is so big deal with LL total spell damage. now I have es back without killing anything and for bossfighs.

Congrats! Although I think ES leech only work with the initial hit and not the DOT, but if it makes it safer for you then it’s all good. Small suggestion for your gears, try to get more ES on your glove, you can get 200Es glove on trade for quite cheap this league but I know you’ll need the res, try to find some on the tree or get attribute on tree and replace the ring. There’s also no movement speed on boots, speed is important for survivability too. One of the reason I don’t do Mark of the shaper and eye of Chayula is because it restricts my gear too much and I can get the DPS from somewhere else anyway. See how the top vortex players do it on POE NINJA, get some inspiration 🙂
"
hadc wrote:
"
Zakk777 wrote:

Congrats! Although I think ES leech only work with the initial hit and not the DOT, but if it makes it safer for you then it’s all good. Small suggestion for your gears, try to get more ES on your glove, you can get 200Es glove on trade for quite cheap this league but I know you’ll need the res, try to find some on the tree or get attribute on tree and replace the ring. There’s also no movement speed on boots, speed is important for survivability too. One of the reason I don’t do Mark of the shaper and eye of Chayula is because it restricts my gear too much and I can get the DPS from somewhere else anyway. See how the top vortex players do it on POE NINJA, get some inspiration 🙂

Ok. There is leech on brand and still es. Good deal :p I'm just facetanking t 14 boss with this( tested 1 time cause not much time). I'm just upgrading my starting post- respec gear now and I know about boots. I'm not feeling immortal but I'm impressed how good my damage is even if I'm forgotting bane for map bosses ;p 83 heists are totally fine with this build and I just earnd 1 ex today and some ex worth junks, playing maybe less than hour real farming per day.

I know about ring but unset i need with str dex is too expensive for now. I'm going for rare es quality. Chyula for def is fine for me before true min maxing times with high exalts. I feel I can just start farming with this build. Maybe I need a little flask changes.I;m still thinkink about more tankiness than damage. I played the tankiest build in the game before(guardian arahnofobia hoa spiders)and I like safe endgame bossing style. Thx for help .
Last edited by Zakk777 on Nov 19, 2021, 7:53:26 AM
"
Zakk777 wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
Zakk777 wrote:
6144 es
chaos res 51
good dps
Just dropped frost bomb

I'm just running with vortex on move. Btw I'll try change crown and finish rest of clusters for some surv cause running with vortex inside the packs can delete me easy is still some strange for me :p

If you're really worried about survivability-- as I am early in a bad ssf build-- you run close to the pack, dropping a vortex, back off and fire creepy frosts at the pack so they chase you into the vortex. Run away more, fire, lather, rinse, retreat. Add as much spell damage (which now seems to affect DoT) and DoT as you can to make this effective.... I've also been holding on to Bane with curses rather long into the build for some significant chaos damage. Very satisfying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info