[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Ok, thank you.

Is your mana pool big enough cast without problems when you have vitality, clarity, discipline and zelaotry on?
"
DerianDerian wrote:

Is your mana pool big enough cast without problems when you have vitality, clarity, discipline and zelaotry on?

You need to pay attention to mana reservation improvements on the pob tree. This includes a few masteries.

I am running determination, discipline, vitality (stopped at lvl 15 tbh), clarity (stopped at lvl 6-7), defiance banner and tempest shield (with a few shield spell block/spell damage nodes on the right of the tree) and I still have around 350 mana spare for my casting needs. (out of 2k max) No idea about zealotry.

Its a little unfortunate that I can't run malevolence too right now, but I do miss the mastery for determination reservation, so maybe that's part of the reason. I guess we can't have everything and my damage is fine even without malevolence to be honest. For now at least.

All my armor comes from determination and defiance banner and that translates to a 58% physical damage reduction at my level, not too shabby. Lunaris/Gruthkul pantheon helps too, on damage mitigation, don't forget this.

PS : Running old CI vortex/div. cr. frost version, not low life/wintertide. Thankfully its still doing fine up to corruption 170-180 on rare/scourged maps, getting in yellow maps now t6+ . Been a blast so far even though I didn't strictly follow the POBs in this guide, had to do some improvizations and its just my first character in this game to hit maps.
Last edited by radagast82 on Nov 14, 2021, 12:47:11 PM
I tried searching this on the post but couldn't find it. What is your solution to Hexproof enemies? I've found that taking Profane Bloom over Frigid Wake has taken me post Sirus but I think taking down Maven is going to take some other approaches. I'd like to take Frigid Wake again but I am worried that loosing the ability to curse hexproof enemies is going to make this build feel very odd.
You can use awakened hextouch if it really bothers you. Most people just bump up their DPS and go at it. End game bosses need at least 2-3 mil Shaper/Sirus DPS to be comfortably fast.
What do you guys think about the added damage effectiveness of vortex? It only adds damage to the hit portion right? maybe we could make it work with cruelty support?

Edit : I've tested it with shaper since I have a weapon with added cold damage to spell, it seems I've been able to maintain at least 30-35% cruelty effect. It's not a bad replacement for efficacy.
Last edited by AsceticPOE on Nov 15, 2021, 8:56:30 AM
I'd like to know, at the Endgame LL progression it says

- Rime Gaze with Lab enchant (40% Vortex damage is most common)

I already have "Wintertide Brand has +4 to maximum stages".

Should I still go for the vortex damage? I'm irritated because a Rime Gaze with the same stats but Wintertide Brand is ~1 Exalted whereas the same Rime Gaze with the same stats and Vortex costs only 60-80 chaos.
Last edited by KaneZ on Nov 15, 2021, 5:45:07 PM
I'm up to 90 now and ran Catarina today and I'm about to have my first try on Sirus with the build. The only real threat has been the arc scourge guys (not the beam angels).

I'm tweaking in PoB to see if spell block is worth. Tempest shield is 25% spell block and shock immunity for 25% reservation. We already have freeze/chill immunity from ascendancy so the only thing left would be ignites.

I'm a big fan of the ignite/burning ground pantheon (especially with ES builds). Alternatively the shadow block notable has 20% ailment avoidance and the templar block mastery can give another 20 if you instead try to go the gear route.

That extra 10% reservation could be used for defiance banner if you can find a gem socket somewhere. Maybe swap CWDT out for molten/steelskin.

Divine shield with zealots oath has been really good, I've watched the character screen and I've seen it jump to 1000 ES/sec often.
"
fate3 wrote:
I'm up to 90 now and ran Catarina today and I'm about to have my first try on Sirus with the build. The only real threat has been the arc scourge guys (not the beam angels).

I'm tweaking in PoB to see if spell block is worth. Tempest shield is 25% spell block and shock immunity for 25% reservation. We already have freeze/chill immunity from ascendancy so the only thing left would be ignites.

I'm a big fan of the ignite/burning ground pantheon (especially with ES builds). Alternatively the shadow block notable has 20% ailment avoidance and the templar block mastery can give another 20 if you instead try to go the gear route.

That extra 10% reservation could be used for defiance banner if you can find a gem socket somewhere. Maybe swap CWDT out for molten/steelskin.

Divine shield with zealots oath has been really good, I've watched the character screen and I've seen it jump to 1000 ES/sec often.

Why don't you just use purity of elements?
"
AsceticPOE wrote:
"
fate3 wrote:

Why don't you just use purity of elements?

Trying to min/max, potentially get an easy 50-65% spell block specifically for the league mechanic. With the nearby chill/freeze and max chill effect plus granite/basalt flasks melee/physical attacks aren't that threatening.
I ended up dropping defiance banner and vitality in favor of CWDT+immortal call, as 200 regen won't deal with 100+ scourge corruption mobs. Dropping those 2 auras also lets me unspec out of reservation efficiency nodes in favor of cluster jewels. I pretty much droppped all ES regen nodes, and instead depend on wiked ward, 2x brush with deaths and vaal discipline to survive, feels pretty comfortable up to 150ish corruption t16s.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info