[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hi Idk what's wrong but I just converted to this build LL version and I;m 1 shoted oftem on t 16 maps. I'm playn carefully like totem- escape style with brand.
6144 es
Of course res cap + reduced 3/4 fire lightning in shavrone
chaos res 51
good dps
Just dropped frost bomb
corrupted bl immune( tree)

Any clusters cause I'm just change build but all is capped.
I'd really like to discuss about the elemental mastery choices next to the Snowforged node. It's a little difficult to get to, maybe its for the last levels, but the options are so so insanely interesting.

- Exposure : guarantees at least -18% elemental resistance to enemies
- 60% elemental reflection immunity (paired with pantheon or sybil ring this means immunity to reflect maps and atziri pesky reflect)
- 40% increased effect of non-damaging ailments
- 15% elemental resistances (no brainer if missing resistances - I have this from other part of tree though)
- 1% energy shield leech based on damage

I particularly think that the last one, the energy leech, while it seems low % on paper, can be quite significant with the aoe dot damage this build can make, even as CI. I think Shak went with the 40% ailments on the pob build and it's definitely enticing, however we really need to re-evaluate options after seeing how menacing and dangerous scourged nightmare can become in high tier maps and try to adopt to even better defensive mechanics.

Also what about the exposure one?

Thoughts?

EDIT: apparently regardless of wording (elemental damage) the energy shield leech will probably not work with dots as some users notified us. sad if true...
Last edited by radagast82 on Nov 16, 2021, 7:51:49 PM
"
radagast82 wrote:
I'd really like to discuss about the elemental mastery choices next to the Snowforged node. It's a little difficult to get to, maybe its for the last levels, but the options are so so insanely interesting.

- 60% elemental reflection immunity (paired with pantheon or sybil ring this means immunity to reflect maps and atziri pesky reflect)
- 15% elemental resistances (no brainer if missing resistances - I have this from other part of tree though)

I particularly think that the last one, the energy leech, while it seems low % on paper, can be quite significant with the aoe dot damage this build can make, even as CI. I think Shak went with the 40% ailments on the pob build and it's definitely enticing, however we really need to re-evaluate options after seeing how menacing and dangerous scourged nightmare can become in high tier maps and try to adopt to even better defensive mechanics.

Thoughts?

I thought leech only applies to hits and not damage over time. Increased ailment effect could be said to be the best defensive option there cause they enemies are chilled/frozen more by chilled ground/frigid wake.
Hi guys. I'm interested in getting into Delve this league from now and wanted to know if this build (maybe with some tweaks) can carry deep into it. Thanks in advance for any input.
"
FacesReality wrote:
"
radagast82 wrote:

Thoughts?

I thought leech only applies to hits and not damage over time. Increased ailment effect could be said to be the best defensive option there cause they enemies are chilled/frozen more by chilled ground/frigid wake.

Mastery reads : "Elemental damage leeched as energy shield" so everything should apply.

Elemental damage should include cold damage over time which is the main damage in this build.

Don't forget we are in new territory here when it comes to passive skills. Masteries did not even exist before 3.16 . There is a lots of new possibilities in scourge when it comes to the new passive tree.

You have a point about the 40% damaging ailment option being great, but getting energy back while killing based on the million dps that aoe dots can achieve simultaneously on multiple targets, may actually yield more gain over time. Depends on the numbers I guess, and definitely needs to be tested for results.
Last edited by radagast82 on Nov 16, 2021, 10:23:32 AM
The only leechable damage we have is the initial hit of vortex. That would not be ideal since you'd have to be in more danger to reliably leech.

On my build I run WTB as the 6L with bonechill so the 40% chill effect is a big offensive and defensive boost.
"
FedeS wrote:
Hi guys. I'm interested in getting into Delve this league from now and wanted to know if this build (maybe with some tweaks) can carry deep into it. Thanks in advance for any input.

Not too deep yet, at about 230 and so far it's been very smooth, zero issues. That's the regular version of the build, vortex + cold snap.
"
"
FedeS wrote:

Not too deep yet, at about 230 and so far it's been very smooth, zero issues. That's the regular version of the build, vortex + cold snap.

That's very cool. Thank you for your input. With "regular version" you mean the old one without wintertide? What would do better in delve, the brand or the old version?
"
FedeS wrote:
That's very cool. Thank you for your input. With "regular version" you mean the old one without wintertide? What would do better in delve, the brand or the old version?

Yes, I mean the old one, without wintertide. Idk how the brand version does there, I haven't played it.
This build can be extremely tanky with the right tweak. I took reference to the Lvl100 Vortex character and some HC builds, turns out it’s insanely strong with Molten shell. I also got about 2000 ES regen while mapping. I haven’t come close to dying yet (I delve and do maps including conquerers) since I reworked my tree to include more defence and molten shell. Sacrificed a little DPS but my goal is to push for lvl100 (98 was my highest ever) so we’ll see. It’s exciting 😛

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info