[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Anyone tried Simulacrum yet? I've just had a go at it and got absolutely dunked on wave 20. LL, 8k+ ES, 22k armour with flasks going, res capped, 20 chaos res, elemental ailment immune, endurance charges, brush with death and vile reinvigoration x 2, divine shield, the whole nine yards.
Can someone tell me if I'm missing anything?
"
ShakCentral wrote:
Does the Elemental Focus Support prevent me from freezing and/or chilling?

ANSWER: No. Ele Focus only prevents "hits" of a supported skill from freezing and chilling. The chilling ground that we leave behind still applies chill.

Not sure if this is mentioned somewhere and I have not seen it; Wintertide Brand with Ele Focus does not chill (no chill-icon appears on enemies).

I think this means Ele Focus in fact prevents chills from all sources except chilling ground / chilling areas?

(Sry if this is already very common knowledge)
Let tomorrow be about solutions. Today is about vengeance.
- John Oliver

Had a Chaos-DoT-Caster-guide for any class, then 2021 patches happened^^ https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2485596
"
Anyone tried Simulacrum yet? I've just had a go at it and got absolutely dunked on wave 20. LL, 8k+ ES, 22k armour with flasks going, res capped, 20 chaos res, elemental ailment immune, endurance charges, brush with death and vile reinvigoration x 2, divine shield, the whole nine yards.

I just finished Similacrum wave 30 (my second simulacrum), rather lucky with the mods this time round. Not so lucky with my first simulacrum but my build was not as defensive then too, died at Wave 29. Simulacrum is quite RNG based since it’s really about what mods they drop on you.

My build has 9300ES, 40k armor with all flasks, molten shell and I have chaos res capped, not sure those made the difference.
Last edited by hadc on Nov 19, 2021, 6:31:08 PM
Just wondering how important the second Brush with Death + Vile Reinvigoration cluster jewel is.

Not yet at the point where one WTB can deal with the average pack, but provided that I don't run into the middle of mob packs, I can survive lower red maps, and kill bosses smoothly. I already have 6L Shav's + Prism Guardian + Presence of Chayula. Not sure what to go for next that won't take multiple exalts.

On a separate note, what sorts of currency farming does this build lend itself well to? I run into this problem a lot; I don't have much knowledge of how to currency farm.
"
hadc wrote:
"

I just finished Similacrum wave 30 (my second simulacrum), rather lucky with the mods this time round. Not so lucky with my first simulacrum but my build was not as defensive then too, died at Wave 29. Simulacrum is quite RNG based since it’s really about what mods they drop on you.

My build has 9300ES, 40k armor with all flasks, molten shell and I have chaos res capped, not sure those made the difference.

So what I'm missing a couple mirrors worth of currency.
Well, time to grind I suppose.
so no evasion , no armor .
which mean this build is purely rely on the cluster jewel to survive ?
"
so no evasion , no armor .
which mean this build is purely rely on the cluster jewel to survive ?

The build gets a decent amount of armor from Determination and Basalt+Granite flasks. If you're having trouble with survival, be sure to get those together. Keep in mind that Determination gives some flat armor based on its level; if you haven't been leveling it in a weapon swap set, you may just want to trade for a level 20 gem, if you can manage the Strength requirement.
"
"
hadc wrote:
"

So what I'm missing a couple mirrors worth of currency.
Well, time to grind I suppose.

Hi there, the only thing I really grinded for was the chest armour (65ex), rings were maybe 1ex a piece, I crafted the rest myself. Rough cost of the craft if anyone is interested.

Wand - Base (3ex), roll with alt + aug for +1 Cold, multi craft - total 6ex
Glove - Bases (1.5ex), awakener’s orb (2.5ex), suffix can’t be changed and harvest craft defence more likely (2ex) - total 8ex (I got quite good ES roll on 2nd try so I kept it, depends on luck)
Boots - Base (1ex) with onslaught and T1 ES roll, prefix can’t be changed and harvest craft chaos (2ex) - total 3ex
Amulet - bases (1.5ex), awakener’s orb (2.5ex) - total 4ex (lucky to have open prefix and good res so I just leave the fire DOT for now)

So total gear investment as of now 91ex. It’s not even a third of a mirror. It’ll be 35ex if you use a Shav with +2 (AOE or duration), you’ll have 30% less DPS but it’ll still be 4mil Shaper DPS if you have the other gears and tree in place. More than enough to clear all content. It’s possible if we stick to our goal and upgrade one piece of the gear at a time, that’s what I did.

As for the other questions on what to farm with this build, I stayed away from the clearing farm strategy (nemesis 3/4 etc) and focus on things we can do well, incursion, expedition and syndicate (2 paradoxica dropped this league) are my favourite. I wanted to do up a short video to show the wave 30 and A9 sirus but my editing skill is quite limited, I’ll share when it’s ready. Good luck and have fun!

Last edited by hadc on Nov 20, 2021, 1:21:56 AM
"

Hi there, the only thing I really grinded for was the chest armour (65ex), rings were maybe 1ex a piece, I crafted the rest myself. Rough cost of the craft if anyone is interested.

Wand - Base (3ex), roll with alt + aug for +1 Cold, multi craft - total 6ex
Glove - Bases (1.5ex), awakener’s orb (2.5ex), suffix can’t be changed and harvest craft defence more likely (2ex) - total 8ex (I got quite good ES roll on 2nd try so I kept it, depends on luck)
Boots - Base (1ex) with onslaught and T1 ES roll, prefix can’t be changed and harvest craft chaos (2ex) - total 3ex
Amulet - bases (1.5ex), awakener’s orb (2.5ex) - total 4ex (lucky to have open prefix and good res so I just leave the fire DOT for now)

So total gear investment as of now 91ex. It’s not even a third of a mirror. It’s possible if we stick to our goal and upgrade one piece of the gear at a time, that’s what I did.

As for the other questions on what to farm with this build, I stayed away from the clearing farm strategy (nemesis 3/4 etc) and focus on things we can do well, incursion, expedition and syndicate (2 paradoxica dropped this league) are my favourite. I wanted to do up a short video to show the wave 30 and A9 sirus but my editing skill is quite limited, I’ll share when it’s ready. Good luck and have fun!

Thanks for the write up!
Last edited by DeadOnDeparture on Nov 20, 2021, 12:54:11 AM
"

Just tried it after I saw your post. I managed to get to 29 where the combined powers of Kosis and Omni deleted me. The mobs from wave 20 on were tough too - some waves more so than others. Pretty much pop vaal cold snap and vaal discipline the moment they are ready. I'm not using molten shell at the moment but I hear it's very strong, guess I'd have to try it next time i go there.

I'd say it depends on a combination of dps, defenses, wave mods and definitely on the Simulacrum map layout itself. Some maps where we don't get immediately surrounded by mobs and have more space to manoeuvre and evade bosses would probably be doable. But yeah, all in all I reckon Simulacrum farming isn't among the strengths of this build.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info