"
wengfrecrixs wrote:

with all buff on got 5 k ES , all resist 75
can't even do t 5 alch go map .
1 shot by trash mob

All resists? Chaos too? You need this
and better rare gear.

oh i see , screw bad man .
I didn't know i need a few ex to even start mapping .
My bad for follow this guide .
time to reroll . tybb
I highly not recommend Wintertide Brand. It is not fun at all.
With vortex you just run around, and use vaal cold snap. With a Brand all the time you need to recast the brand or recall it. Control the cooldowns, and even stop to cast it, which puts you into a bigger danger. The clear speed might be a little bit better, but the overall experience will be worse and joy will be gone.
"
wengfrecrixs wrote:

oh i see , screw bad man .
I didn't know i need a few ex to even start mapping .
My bad for follow this guide .
time to reroll . tybb

You don't need Chayula, but at least get Determination for some armour. You seem to have no defenses at all besides ES and resistances.
@wengfrecrixs
It looks like you're using items and gems from the last league, not this one. Guide on the forum itself is outdated, you have to stick to PoB.
What's the best way to farm currency with this build?
I've been farming with expedition scarabs and watchstones, it's pretty meh. Any other suggestions?
"
kebal wrote:
I've been farming with expedition scarabs and watchstones, it's pretty meh. Any other suggestions?

I'm doing delve and some heist. Imo build is great for delve and some of those vaal, abyssal etc. rooms drop a ton of stuff. Plus, I think it does very well in Nightmare once you get your ES sustain to an adequate level, so I'm scourging some low-ish tier maps (like Silo, Haunted Mansion and a few others) to t10 and then run them - basically the only mods you should never do are "players lose X life per second" (insta death) and "players have X% reduced speed".

Don't like Expedition mechanics at all though I hear some people are farming quite successfully there.
"
kebal wrote:

Hi there, this build (referring to vortex + CS) is predominantly a bossing build. So any mechanics that deal with bosses are good, e.g elder/shaper, betrayal, incursion, harvest, logbooks etc. I did delve (up to 200 depth) for leveling too and fossils sell for good currencies. Almost all mechanics makes currency if we know how, just have to find something we enjoy. I’ll stay away from the “clearing” methods, e.g nemesis farming.
I'm done for the league, another great guide, still very strong. As much as I wanted to like wintertide brand, I ended up swapping back to vaal cold snap for the clear, and to free up the passive tree for other neat things.

Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info