[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
radagast82 wrote:
I am still on CI with full energy items (no armor items), and determination is literally the only original source of armour in stats and the reason I am alive in nightmare, up to corruption ~150 or so, at least till some rare/scourged juiced t4 maps that I played so far.

You may want to consider Crown of the Inward Eye instead of Rime Gaze, idk if Shak has given it as an alternative in the OP (couldnt't find it) - it's 1k armor, energy shield and damage is actually similar to Rime Gaze, and it allows you to anoit something other than Tranquility on your amulet. You lose cold snap damage but gain aoe, which imo is better, especially for vaal cold snap in crowded areas like Nightmare. Check it in your pob.
I'm wondering about the "Only use bane in Rime Gaze - no other 4L" ? Isn't the conc effect "bad" because of less aoe? or do we do dmg with bane, so the conc eff is a dmg boost? i mean, yeah we do damage with bane, but is it noteworthy?
The build seems solid and I have enjoyed it quite a bit but it just feels too squishy I get one shot by anything chaos or anything physical is it normal to die all of the time or am I just bad at playing the build? Any pointers?
Last edited by MagmaLobster on Nov 10, 2021, 6:41:09 PM
"
MagmaLobster wrote:
The build seems solid and I have enjoyed it quite a bit but it just feels too squishy I get one shot by anything chaos or anything physical is it normal to die all of the time or am I just bad at playing the build? Any pointers?

for chaos -> fixed after switching to CI version. Otherwise you need to somehow raise chaos resistance for LL version.

for physical -> determination aura is the number 1, and using a shield is a must. Use physical damage reduction pantheons. Use tempest shield aura too, if needed for further mitigation. Get armor bonuses from some items and passive tree nodes, if possible. (hard to do tbh with full CI energy version as you need high energy values too) For nightmare, pop vaal cold snap and vaal discipline when entering to improve survivability odds.

The above works fine for scourged rare white maps up to corruption 150+ or so for me, I will soon find out what happens in yellow maps...

"
"
radagast82 wrote:
I am still on CI with full energy items (no armor items), and determination is literally the only original source of armour in stats and the reason I am alive in nightmare, up to corruption ~150 or so, at least till some rare/scourged juiced t4 maps that I played so far.

You may want to consider Crown of the Inward Eye instead of Rime Gaze, idk if Shak has given it as an alternative in the OP (couldnt't find it) - it's 1k armor, energy shield and damage is actually similar to Rime Gaze, and it allows you to anoint something other than Tranquility on your amulet. You lose cold snap damage but gain aoe, which imo is better, especially for vaal cold snap in crowded areas like Nightmare. Check it in your pob.

Alright I will check it out. To be honest I like Rime Gaze, the energy shield boost on recharging but also damage is kinda insane. Not sure if I should really search for an upgrade on that slot. I don't use cold snap at all. I use 6 link with 2 main skills -> divergent creeping frost and vortex. But I use vaal cold snap too, especially when entering nightmare, which I have on Rime Gaze 4 slot indeed.
Last edited by radagast82 on Nov 11, 2021, 3:00:12 PM
"
"
radagast82 wrote:

You may want to consider Crown of the Inward Eye instead of Rime Gaze, idk if Shak has given it as an alternative in the OP (couldnt't find it) - it's 1k armor, energy shield and damage is actually similar to Rime Gaze, and it allows you to anoit something other than Tranquility on your amulet. You lose cold snap damage but gain aoe, which imo is better, especially for vaal cold snap in crowded areas like Nightmare. Check it in your pob.

I tried Crown of Inward eyes (max 21%) with Vortex enchant. Vortex DPS dropped by about 10%, Vaal CS DPS dropped by 30-40%, gained 3% ES, lots of armor, some mana, though my tree was not optimised for Corwn of the inward eyes. But to me it’s just not worth it, the extra armor gives maybe 3% more physical mitigation with flask on so I went back to Rime Gaze. Felt must better clearing the scourge mobs. Since I’m playing softcore I don’t mind dying once every 3-4 maps or so, usually less if I pay attention when rolling maps.
Last edited by hadc on Nov 11, 2021, 7:32:57 AM
"
hadc wrote:

I tried Crown of Inward eyes (max 21%) with Vortex enchant. Vortex DPS dropped by about 10%, Vaal CS DPS dropped by 30-40%, gained 3% ES, lots of armor, some mana, though my tree was not optimised for Corwn of the inward eyes. But to me it’s just not worth it, the extra armor gives maybe 3% more physical mitigation with flask on so I went back to Rime Gaze. Felt must better clearing the scourge mobs. Since I’m playing softcore I don’t mind dying once every 3-4 maps or so, usually less if I pay attention when rolling maps.

Well yeah, looking at your char your dps is probably like three times higher than mine. :) So I guess for ultra high end Rime Gaze is better and any added survivability doesn't matter as much. But for people on the lower end like myself - honestly I find it a better experience since I switched to Crown. Depends on tree too though indeed.

p.s. To the people who think the build feels too squishy - the one thing I personally find the best for survivability (for clearing that is) is the 1% ES recovered on kill from Brush with Death.
Last edited by PraetorMaximus on Nov 11, 2021, 8:14:46 AM
"
"
hadc wrote:

Well yeah, looking at your char your dps is probably like three times higher than mine. :) So I guess for ultra high end Rime Gaze is better and any added survivability doesn't matter as much. But for people on the lower end like myself - honestly I find it a better experience since I switched to Crown. Depends on tree too though indeed.

Well if it’s a better experience then it must be the better choice for you. Have fun! 🙂
"
hadc wrote:
"
"
hadc wrote:

Well if it’s a better experience then it must be the better choice for you. Have fun! 🙂

I will try Rime Gaze again, when (if) I get to 4-5m dps. ;) You too!
This seems to have been updated recently :

Wintertide Vortex PoB (version 1.2): https://pastebin.com/payiC4fL

Many different options I like it. Glancing blows and shield mastery oriented on hardcore trees, many optimizations for the wintertide versions and more. ^^ Wicked Ward was added in many versions. :O

Great work @ShakCentral , really appreciate it. Can we hope to expect one last thing though, whenever you can of course, a tree addition in the POB about the non-Wintertide CI version? aka Vortex/Divergent Creeping frost. Would really like to see how the optimized tree and gear looks for a lvl 90-100 CI version without the brand gem skill.
Last edited by radagast82 on Nov 12, 2021, 6:50:12 AM
I'm trying this out on Playstation and I'm trying to get ready for the CI swap(gaining levels and acquiring es item).what support should I drop from vortex six link to add Vaal cold snap into the mix?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info