[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
I'll echo other players regarding squishiness. I've taken CI version of this build to T14-T15 maps and I don't know if I can go with it any further.
For example: here's a clip of my latest rip.

It's T15 map without any mods that would buff monsters or nerf me. I'm at 93 scourge stacks. All my auras are up, all my flasks are quaffed. With all that I have 7.1k ES, 26k armour and 22% block and I'm resist capped. I could maybe get to 8-8.5k ES with some investment, but I doubt it would help much.

Takes me about 0.75 seconds to die here just running through regular mobs.
It this par for the course for the league? I was under impression that good characters could deal with up to 200 scourge stacks at this tier.

Again, I don't know if this is a common problem for all ES-based characters this league or if LL version is better at not dying, or if I'm doing something wrong, but it certainly feels like I'm at the limit of this build, at least some huge investments.

For anyone that's having issues surviving. I suggest fitting Immortal call with the endurance charges Shak added in the new build it will pretty much add 30-40% more EHP.

Also Wicked Ward edges out Zealots Oaths and Vitality in later tier maps.

Here is video of me hitting 199 scourges stacks without any issues in a map with beyond/nemesis and sextants/scarabs.

https://youtu.be/OusG76V3zck Silly me forgot to put the delirium Orb on the map :O
Last edited by donbrawler on Nov 7, 2021, 5:31:47 PM
Does this build not have any defense against spell at all (except for the immortal call that the guy above suggested)? That's kind of sad.
Last edited by AsceticPOE on Nov 8, 2021, 3:28:30 AM
"
AsceticPOE wrote:
Does this build not have any defense against spell at all (except for the immortal call that the guy above suggested)? That's kind of sad.

Since you mention it, it's very easy to switch to a "fake" very high spell block with this build's tree because we're so close to Glancing Blows. You could even max it with Mystic Bulwark and Rumi's. That's what I'm doing with my CI WTB build heavily based on ShakCentral's one. To compensate Glancing Blows I'm using a shield with ES recovery like this one
How much better is +1 spell skill gems, compared to +1 cold skill gems for this build? I noticed it does affect more gems, like curses and some of the other gems. Of course, it's much harder to roll...

And another endgame question for craftable shields. How important are the "increased chance to block attack damage/spells" mods on shields? I imagine it could combo well with the energy recovery per block mod too...

Wicked Ward and Glancing Blows are also a thought, although I admit I don't like the idea much of 65% dmg on all blocked hits (glancing blows - it used to be 50% right? seems nerfed to oblivion rn), but I could be wrong.
Last edited by radagast82 on Nov 9, 2021, 10:33:26 AM
Hi guys!
I need help with my build. What can I do to get bigger dmg? Don't get me wrong dmg feels okay while mapping but its not that good against bosses. Here's my PoB https://pastebin.com/yjVGazaq. Upgrades that I can think off : end game wand and awakened gems.
Thanks for help
!
"
radagast82 wrote:
How much better is +1 spell skill gems, compared to +1 cold skill gems for this build? I noticed it does affect more gems, like curses and some of the other gems. Of course, it's much harder to roll...

And another endgame question for craftable shields. How important are the "increased chance to block attack damage/spells" mods on shields? I imagine it could combo well with the energy recovery per block mod too...

Wicked Ward and Glancing Blows are also a thought, although I admit I don't like the idea much of 65% dmg on all blocked hits (glancing blows - it used to be 50% right? seems nerfed to oblivion rn), but I could be wrong.

Going full block after the new tree and mastery changes is just not optimal. Having a mix of sell block doesn't hurt thou. Tempest + Perfect rumis + high Armor and Molten Shell is another good combo of defensive layers for spells.

Going Full block drawbacks
1. You loose to many auras. Needs rare shield to be effective
2. You sacrifice way too many points on the tree going full block
3. You can't cap Block without GG crafted items or glancing blows.

Last edited by donbrawler on Nov 9, 2021, 12:01:31 PM
"
donbrawler wrote:

Going full block after the new tree and mastery changes is just not optimal. Having a mix of sell block doesn't hurt thou. Tempest + Perfect rumis + high Armor and Molten Shell is another good combo of defensive layers for spells.

Going Full block drawbacks
1. You loose to many auras. Needs rare shield to be effective
2. You sacrifice way too many points on the tree going full block
3. You can't cap Block without GG crafted items or glancing blows.

Thanks. I am already playing with tempest shield and ofc it helps. Got a few nodes about spell damage block too, but yeah its natural that you cant get too many or you sacrifice damage and other things after some point. But its still worth looking into an optimal path for all versions of the build. I am still on CI with full energy items (no armor items), and determination is literally the only original source of armour in stats and the reason I am alive in nightmare, up to corruption ~150 or so, at least till some rare/scourged juiced t4 maps that I played so far.

Its more like a question looking into the future, as any source of further mitigation will go a long way. Pantheon helps, and specific endgame mods on gear do too so those will probably be the priority now. I didn't think of molten shell. Its a hard choice what gem to choose for that need, there are a lot of options. Steelskin / Immortal call / Molten shell and probably many more. Its all a matter of which one fits each build better. Glancing blows seems too much trouble for still taking ~65% dmg though, at least on paper.
Last edited by radagast82 on Nov 9, 2021, 4:11:31 PM
"
radagast82 wrote:

Thanks. I am already playing with tempest shield and ofc it helps. Got a few nodes about spell damage block too, but yeah its natural that you cant get too many or you sacrifice damage and other things after some point. But its still worth looking into an optimal path for all versions of the build. I am still on CI with full energy items (no armor items), and determination is literally the only original source of armour in stats and the reason I am alive in nightmare, up to corruption ~150 or so, at least till some rare/scourged juiced t4 maps that I played so far.

Its more like a question looking into the future, as any source of further mitigation will go a long way. Pantheon helps, and specific endgame mods on gear do too so those will probably be the priority now. I didn't think of molten shell. Its a hard choice what gem to choose for that need, there are a lot of options. Steelskin / Immortal call / Molten shell and probably many more. Its all a matter of which one fits each build better. Glancing blows seems too much trouble for still taking ~65% dmg though, at least on paper.

My char is also on CI (and I'll probably stay with it) but with some armour and the worst for me is the switch to Nightmare where I'm surrounded by mob packs. So what I do right before switching is I hit a Basalt Flask, Rumi's and then Vaal Molten Shell as the last in row. I read somewhere that Molten Shell is using your armour values at the cast time, so this creates a buff that I would normally not have.
"
McLolek12 wrote:
Hi guys!
I need help with my build. What can I do to get bigger dmg? Don't get me wrong dmg feels okay while mapping but its not that good against bosses. Here's my PoB https://pastebin.com/yjVGazaq. Upgrades that I can think off : end game wand and awakened gems.
Thanks for help
!

Changing your rings to a mark of the shaper + elder ring will give a ton of damage. That means your elder ring needs to have a ton of resists/stats since mark of the shaper doesn't have those.

Anoint tranquility on your Chayula, if you can't afford gold oils then anoint divine judgement.
Maybe I'm being dumb here. Why would you put curses in Rime Gaze, which is what the PoB recommends? Doesn't it decrease the area of effect with no increased effect? Curses don't damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info