[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hey Guys,

what do think is better and stronger to play? the ci version or the low life version?
"
DerianDerian wrote:
Hey Guys,

what do think is better and stronger to play? the ci version or the low life version?

Low Life
███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Hi. Sorry if this question was answered before. How the build performs in simulacrum? Can do 20 waves comfortably? Thanks in advance for any input.
First, I want to thank you for this build. I've been enjoying the league because of it.

I found it to be quite squishy. I made some changes that made it more durable. First, I added CWDT steelskin. This change alone was useful until I hit late yellow maps. At that point I needed more. I then added spell leech nodes. They have carried me into red maps and allow me to do close to level 200 scourges. Prior to these changes, much of the increased ES replenishment was purely kill based. It also did not take bursts very well.

edit: I also wanted to note that the build is quite weak if there is a vulnerability mod. Vulnerability in a Drox map can result in multiple deaths.
Last edited by MegaGrubby on Nov 6, 2021, 2:10:01 PM
I've leaguestarted this build and really loved it.
however first i switched to low life and now to wintertide and i have to say i am squishy as hell! im not really a pro poe player and really struggling with 36k Effective healthpool.

i love the cold dot but im not sure if i can continue to higher content(tier 16 and sirus) while being so squishy.
Hi,

I'm looking for someone to critique my build and give me any suggestions for what to upgrade/change next. I think my passive tree could be more optimized but I'm not sure exactly how. I've also considered replacing the Bane gems with something else because I only use it for bosses. I have about 16 ex to spend on upgrades. Thanks.

My PoB: https://pastebin.com/Bay4imTd
I'm trying out the wintertide brand version of the build. Honestly, not impressed. Clearspeed is better but the build becomes way clunkier and doesn't solve the issues with rippy mobs in scourge.
The users who are having success with that on discord have invested a lot of currency to boost the brand dps.
For whose can sink a bit of currency and tweak out things, the wintertide variant might be fun, for the new players and starters I'd recommend to stick with the original version (vaal cold snap + vortex).
Just my 2 cents, feel free to try it if you like it more
Last edited by Giammafix on Nov 6, 2021, 6:45:52 PM
I'll echo other players regarding squishiness. I've taken CI version of this build to T14-T15 maps and I don't know if I can go with it any further.
For example: here's a clip of my latest rip.

It's T15 map without any mods that would buff monsters or nerf me. I'm at 93 scourge stacks. All my auras are up, all my flasks are quaffed. With all that I have 7.1k ES, 26k armour and 22% block and I'm resist capped. I could maybe get to 8-8.5k ES with some investment, but I doubt it would help much.

Takes me about 0.75 seconds to die here just running through regular mobs.
It this par for the course for the league? I was under impression that good characters could deal with up to 200 scourge stacks at this tier.

Again, I don't know if this is a common problem for all ES-based characters this league or if LL version is better at not dying, or if I'm doing something wrong, but it certainly feels like I'm at the limit of this build, at least some huge investments.
200% increased damage taken doesn't mean, the build is squishy. It's risky for most builds and it should be!

I'm 92 in SSF and have no Probs in T15+, but Scourge 200 is just "don't get hit!".

Low life, 52 spellblock, 43 block, 2k life, 5k Es. 30k Armour.

I switched to Frostblink btw, bec we have so low cs. In Scourges you can blink every second.
So hey again. :D

I started mapping, it seems alright for now, really enjoying this, switched to CI, at 6500+ energy now or so. All the gear is energy shield oriented. I am not using brand, still on vortex/vaal cold snap/creeping frost (hopefully will soon have currency to upgrade it to a divergent version of it)

So, wondering how long in maps I can survive with this and up to what tier. Right now I am at the point of looking at different options in the passive tree, to prepare for the future. Any experienced player that has any ideas on that? And what to run on the side? maybe heists (to get currency) or delving for the fossils to craft stuff were some of my thoughts. More block, or ES recover on block, or even some kind of energy shield sustain on kill or leech, would be welcome I guess. Is going down the tree for combat stamina and consequently armor mastery worth it? even without armor equipment ? And what about jewels/cluster jewels? Wondering if worth to chase for that path.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info