[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Elloktrik wrote:
Do we actually use 3 curses? Is not that too time wasting? Sorry for noob question

Three curses are linked with Bane and so it applies all three at once when you cast it. Generally you only going to need curses for bosses and occasional particularly tough rare.
Dear reader,

I am enjoying the build for now.
I was wondering if you could have a glance at my character and give me a few pointers to work on. So far, I've concluded that my armour is very low, as well as a poor weapon.

Character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Listoric/characters?characterName=Jackthundercock
Last edited by Listoric on Nov 4, 2021, 3:54:52 PM
Pre-CI SSF player.
Why are the apothecary gloves considered much, much worse for this build than fingerless silk gloves? Why is spell damage better than DoT? That seems exactly backwards for this build.
Thanks in advance for the explanation!
When buying large cluster jewels, do you need them to have exactly

Deep Chill, Prismatic Heart and Widespread Destruction?

I've bought them with Disorienting Display instead, and noticed Prismatic Heart was actually the farther away skill. How is this ordering decided by the game? It's not by them being prefixes or suffixes, at least...is it just alphabetical order?

It really sucks we don't really have any idea of the positioning of passives until you actually put it on the tree. In my case I only noticed because I saw enemies getting blind.
Don't mind that much right now as it's a minor damage loss and possible defense gain with blind, but i'm having trouble with elemental resists and that +20% gonna make difference in the future when upgrading gear
Last edited by AdvancedWind on Nov 4, 2021, 7:09:40 PM
"
Bloodoner wrote:
Does the crafting guide for the wand not work anymore?

I haven't tried it in game, but the recipe still works on craftofexile.
+1 level of gems - Prefix
Increased spell damage - Prefix
Increased damage over time - Prefix
3 crafted mods - Suffix
Cold damage over time Multi - Suffix
Aspect of the Spider - Suffix

3 prefixes, 3 suffixes, seems fine to me.
That being said, I've ran in a bug this league where craft in-game was listed in a wrong category (prefix instead of suffix), so maybe that's what happened to you?
"
rcbutchko wrote:
Pre-CI SSF player.
Why are the apothecary gloves considered much, much worse for this build than fingerless silk gloves? Why is spell damage better than DoT? That seems exactly backwards for this build.
Thanks in advance for the explanation!

Mainly because Fingerless Silk Gloves is much higher base ES.
Also Apothecary Gloves is only slight better than 16% spell damage by 1%.
So its up to you if you want 1% DPS over High ES
"
AdvancedWind wrote:

I've bought them with Disorienting Display instead, and noticed Prismatic Heart was actually the farther away skill. How is this ordering decided by the game? It's not by them being prefixes or suffixes, at least...is it just alphabetical order?

It really sucks we don't really have any idea of the positioning of passives until you actually put it on the tree. In my case I only noticed because I saw enemies getting blind.
Don't mind that much right now as it's a minor damage loss and possible defense gain with blind, but i'm having trouble with elemental resists and that +20% gonna make difference in the future when upgrading gear

Hi there, one way to be sure is “create” a cluster jewel in POB (a 3rd party software if you’re not using yet) and see how it looks in the tree. They changed the way disorienting display work and it’s only good if character has high Evasion which we do not have so eventually you’ll want to change that jewel. I think the suggested combination is ideal is expensive. In week 1 I got one with 9 passive skills for 60c but I could afford my second one with 8 passive later. So it also depends on how much currency you have. It’s not the end of the world if we don’t get the BEST, just try to enjoy the game and make some currency along the way, the good stuff will come soon enough 😁
"
Bloodoner wrote:
Does the crafting guide for the wand not work anymore?

It works.

███░░█░░███░█░█░░░███░███░░░█▀▀░█░█░█░█░░░█▀▀░░░▄█▄░▄█▄░░
█▄█░█▄█░░█░░███░░░█░█░█▄░░░░█▀░░▐█▌░█░█░░░█▀░░░░▀█████▀░░
█░░░█░█░░█░░█░█░░░███░█░░░░░███░█░█░█░███░███░░░░░▀█▀░░░░
Last edited by Hey0cean on Nov 5, 2021, 6:16:05 AM
"
hadc wrote:
"
AdvancedWind wrote:

Hi there, one way to be sure is “create” a cluster jewel in POB (a 3rd party software if you’re not using yet) and see how it looks in the tree. They changed the way disorienting display work and it’s only good if character has high Evasion which we do not have so eventually you’ll want to change that jewel. I think the suggested combination is ideal is expensive. In week 1 I got one with 9 passive skills for 60c but I could afford my second one with 8 passive later. So it also depends on how much currency you have. It’s not the end of the world if we don’t get the BEST, just try to enjoy the game and make some currency along the way, the good stuff will come soon enough 😁

yeah, I understand I'll have to change them before changing gear. I'm not that mad currency wise because I lucked out a replica headhunter that funded the jewels in the fist place and some other stuff and still have a couple EX laying around. But next lucky drop I'll have to once again buy jewels before ring / belt / gloves and that kinda sucks

I do use PoB, but that's no excuse for such a basic feature to not be clear in game...but then again, basic features not clear in game is the tagline of Path of Exile.

AS for the blind, I have very small amounts of evasion but I might just get an evade flask. In either case, even the placebo effect is good enough for me, haven't died after fully swapping to cluster jewels and that's 100% on the blind, trust me
"
AdvancedWind wrote:
"
hadc wrote:
"
AdvancedWind wrote:

yeah, I understand I'll have to change them before changing gear. I'm not that mad currency wise because I lucked out a replica headhunter that funded the jewels in the fist place and some other stuff and still have a couple EX laying around. But next lucky drop I'll have to once again buy jewels before ring / belt / gloves and that kinda sucks

I do use PoB, but that's no excuse for such a basic feature to not be clear in game...but then again, basic features not clear in game is the tagline of Path of Exile.

AS for the blind, I have very small amounts of evasion but I might just get an evade flask. In either case, even the placebo effect is good enough for me, haven't died after fully swapping to cluster jewels and that's 100% on the blind, trust me

You May want to swap determination (and defiance banner) out for grace if you really like blind, ditch all the armor nodes and go for ghost dance. May be good 😊 Then you can continue using your cluster jewel and invest your currency on other gears.
Last edited by hadc on Nov 5, 2021, 8:12:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info