[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Rackham_ wrote:
So I've ended up with this:

What do I craft on it for the biggest damage output?

I’d go with Cold DOT Multi and % Increased DOT. You can craft aspect of spider on it later when you need it. But if you’re absolutely loaded and already has aspect of spider, I’d craft prefix cannot be changed and do T4 Aisling pray for the best.

I’ll Although I must check whether it is still worth doing this now what the DOT multi on wand goes up to 28%. I bought a 50 chaos wand with 35% Cold DOT multi and 20% DOT multi and just crafted Spell damage on it. I think the damage output won’t be far from what you’ll have but much cheaper..
Last edited by hadc on Nov 4, 2021, 3:34:59 AM
Yeah, I'm a bit apprehensive about switching to wintertide. At 13 points it's not an insignificant investment and they mostly come out of spell/elemental damage. By my estimate we lose over 120% increased damage (plus some cast speed and mana) to get wintertide up and running. Which also looks like it does nothing if you just want to zoom through the maps.
Sticking with the vaal cold snap for now since it still works quiet nicely for zooming through Scourge.
Heya thank you for the amazing build!
Which auras should we use exacly?
Please excuse me for saying but I found this build unpleasant to play. At level 54 you do dps but you'll die from sneezing in scourge. If you found "come at me" style of playing and solve survivability problem - probably its your build. No mobility, all cast reactive and mediocre clearing speed. First 30 level was breeze but now each dive to scourge ending in char death. I probably doing everything wrong. caveat emptor ...
"
Shipra wrote:
Please excuse me for saying but I found this build unpleasant to play. At level 54 you do dps but you'll die from sneezing in scourge. If you found "come at me" style of playing and solve survivability problem - probably its your build. No mobility, all cast reactive and mediocre clearing speed. First 30 level was breeze but now each dive to scourge ending in char death. I probably doing everything wrong. caveat emptor ...

Build has nothing to do with this.
You have -53 fire resist, 17 lightning resist and very little life on your gear. Prioritize life and resists while leveling. You don't need to be capped, but keep them as high as possible during leveling. ES doesn't scale well until you get to better base items and put more points into tree, so life takes priority early on. Get boots with 20+ move speed. Put a shield instead of a wand in your offhand. Start running defiance banner. Once you hat a shield you can look into using Tempest Shield. Defiance banner is great for 10% if you've got any armour to start with, so should you get more str items, look into that. Closer to Act 10/in maps, start running Determination. With proper gear you probably won't need malevolence until yellow maps at least.
Does the crafting guide for the wand not work anymore? I made the wand base with 3 crafted modifiers etc, but when it came time to put aspect of the spider on the wand it said that it has no more slots. Did I brick the wand somewhere along the way? I followed each step of the guide.

Edit: Ok I see now that they changed damage over time to be a suffix in 3.15 so this guide doesn't work anymore and I should have put Aspect of the Spider on before I added two suffixes. There's no way to fix this without starting over or risking an annul right?

Edit2: But there are wands that are obviously crafted with aspect of the spider and all the other things. I'm very confused.
Last edited by Bloodoner on Nov 4, 2021, 8:20:00 AM
Do we actually use 3 curses? Is not that too time wasting? Sorry for noob question
"
"
Shipra wrote:
Please excuse me for saying but I found this build...

Build has nothing to do with this.

DeadOnDeparture thank you for your great answer.
Regarding the survivability in general as a caster in this league, especially during leveling, people need to understand that you need to prioritize defense much more than normally. This does not stop at high life and resists which was always the case and is a given. You always need to change gear often to get higher bases for armor/evasion/energy shield depending on what build you are following. In my case mostly higher energy shield to get ready sooner for a CI switch. Trade league is much easier, you can get stuff for cheap.

I had trouble too before switching to wand and shield + tempest shield, and I even ended up running all the defensive and regeneration auras together, leaving malevolence out, as the reservation efficiency is not the easiest thing, it limits you, even with the reservation masteries on the tree. I am using determination too, since act 7 or something, that's how you avoid dying in scourge nightmare mode. Defense over attack. The build is strong in damage while leveling anyway. Just my two cents.
Last edited by radagast82 on Nov 4, 2021, 10:07:12 AM
You link them to bane, so its a single cast to apply all three

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info