[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Go for the gem colors.
Swift afflication and Hypothermia are green, the other 4 are blue.

I guess pob don't matter about colors in gear?
"
Defiants wrote:
I'm kind of frustrated, I don't really understand how people are having the success they're having with this build. I've invested quite a bit into it and I'm still just getting one shot all the time.

I'm really tired of the "hurr durr, just don't get hit" attitude. I don't know what content they're talking about, but there's more than enough content in this game where you really just can't avoid getting hit.

I don't feel there's any true defensive layers here. We have a large ES pool, and some ES regen-- but even with 8600 ES I'm getting 100% one shot. From full ES to dead in a fraction of a second, all while in a map that otherwise poses no challenge. I cannot do Sirus at higher awakener levels, if I get touched at any point in that fight I just die. I can't do Ultimatums on a consistent basis, I can't do Tier 16 maps consistently. I'm level 94 and cannot progress past this point, and I just spent a bunch on the Cluster Jewels only to allocate them and see no perceivable buff. Damage went up by like 10%, but I had to remove defensive nodes such as the Shield Block stuff.

I'm just getting tired of having builds hyped up by people that somehow have 100s of Exalts to make literally any build work, then presenting it to people as if it's a strong build for average players. I have 1500 hours in this game. I'm not a noob. I'm definitely not an expert or a top tier player either, but damn. I'm really just getting sick of the game because of how people consistently misrepresent builds.

Or is this just the state of the game? I don't know.

It really bothers me that people can't just present their build guides in an honest manner. This is yet another paper tiger build presented as having defenses and the ability to do all content in the game. That's not true unless you're buying 100 exalts through RMT.

And no, I'm not giving my items to random people on TFT. That's not a game I want to play. I've been scammed before by "trusted" people. I'm not into playing Path of Exile that way. I'm saying this because the response to me stating that you need 100 exalts will be "just craft your own gear" which is nonsense because none of this "crafted" gear is crafted by one individual person; instead it's crafted in part by one person, then handed to another to do extremely rare harvest crafts. If that's the only way your build can get geared properly, it shouldn't be considered as viable for SSF. This build played via SSF will not progress past Tier 14 maps. The only way to get the damage required is through the Low Life variant which is significantly more fragile and requires several uniques that will be hard to source in SSF.

Anyone glancing at my profile, my weapon can be improved-- sure, for a dozen exalts or so, for a slight increase in DPS, which won't stop me from getting one shot. I could upgrade my belt for a dozen exalts. My Elder Ring could probably have a bit more ES on it, but I use it to generate Endurance Charges which assists my CWDT Immortal Call link. ( Which isn't even included in the base build, instead they suggest you have more damage abilities such as frost bomb )

If you want to spend 20 exalts to avoid a good portion of Map Modifiers and still struggle to do most of the end game content, this build is great for you.

"Don't get hit attitude"
No, you cannot avoid everything but a lot of damage can be dodged by properly moving around and identifying the mobs coming up ahead of you. I'm constantly running T14-T16 maps, chiseled and alched + vaaled and I can't remember the last time I died to something that wasn't my fault. Hell, I don't think I've died in my last 15-25 maps at all. My last death was once at Minotaur shaper boss because I messed up and got smacked by his jump.

"From full ES to dead in a fraction of a second, all while in a map that otherwise poses no challenge."
You're probably moving poorly, running straight into packs where you'll need to change your pathing. Identify what mods your map has and optimise your gameplan.

"I cannot do Sirus at higher awakener levels, if I get touched at any point in that fight I just die."
What do you consider higher awakening? I've done two A5 Sirus kills now and died 0 times. The fight barely gets harder at A8, he just reset to more health. The only threat is the "DIE" attack in the final phase but newsflash: you're supposed to avoid that one.

"I can't do Ultimatums on a consistent basis, I can't do Tier 16 maps consistently."
Without exaggerating, I've died less than 10 times in over 250 map completions in Ultimatums. You're doing something wrong.

"I'm just getting tired of having builds hyped up by people that somehow have 100s of Exalts to make literally any build work"
Just because you might need 100s of Exalts doesn't mean everyone does. Maybe this isn't the build for you, but you don't need hundreds of exalts to make this work.

Does this mean this build can do everything easily? Of course not. But don't expect a build to clear A8 Sirus in 2 seconds and to tank everything and clear the entire game without some investment.

I currently have a 2.2ex~ body, a wand that cost me ~1 ex and a flask that cost me ~1.2 exalt. All the other items cost me a couple dozen chaos. For less than 6ex I have put this build together and it's running absolutely great.

I don't die at conquerors, I don't die at Sirus, I rarely die at Ultimatums, last one was probably in the lower tiered maps cuz my gear wasn't completed yet.

"Anyone glancing at my profile, my weapon can be improved-- sure, for a dozen exalts or so"
You can improve your weapon for maybe 1 exalt. We're playing an elemental damage build based around cold damage and your weapon has 28% spell damage and 33% cold DoT multiplayer.

For instance, my wand was bought for less than an exalt and has almost 100% spell damage and more cold DoT while also being a trigger wand to boost our DPS with EE node.

You are not playing the build properly.

Having played this build a few leagues ago and again this league (both SSF) I think both sides of the argument about surviveability have some merit.

The LL version is definitely not as tanky as the CI version, and having played both, I much preferred the CI version. I do not see damage being an issue, even with the CI version, so no need to make a build that is far less tanky just so you can kill something 30% quicker. I would take 10ES with 500k damage over 7kES with 1M damage any day.

You still get the occasional 1 shot even with 10K ES, but this is just the game. Unless you play a max block glad or something, you will always be squishy.

Regarding damage, look at my profile, all SSF gear, and I can literally just run through mobs in a juiced up T16 map and things die instantly. Bosses take a bit longer, but still melt quickly. With this build as it sits I have done 20 wave Simul, Shaper, A6 Sirus, multiple 10 way boss fights, Trialmaster, and every Ultimatum in every map to the maximum wave.

I think the cluster jewel build is a bit of a cluster f@#k to be honest, and never even went that way. I want to have wicked ward, and tons of ES, with enough damage to kill mobs. Focusing on damage over survivability is where the build took a bit of a turn for the worst in my opinion (no offence Shak). The original build was better, although to be fair, being SSF I have not tired the tweaked version of the "new" builds.

TLDR : In short, build is still strong, tanky and can do most, if not all content, just tweak it to your play style and gear, and concentrate most on ES than DPS.

Last edited by l33tsmurf on May 24, 2021, 10:06:46 PM
I think its fair to say that this build kills bosses. Definitely not "melts" them.
"
weikor wrote:
I think its fair to say that this build kills bosses. Definitely not "melts" them.

Yeah agreed. Boss killing can take a bit of time so it might require you to learn those mechanics in order to win those fights but for mapping the build is quick and easy.
"
l33tsmurf wrote:
Having played this build a few leagues ago and again this league (both SSF) I think both sides of the argument about surviveability have some merit.

The LL version is definitely not as tanky as the CI version, and having played both, I much preferred the CI version. I do not see damage being an issue, even with the CI version, so no need to make a build that is far less tanky just so you can kill something 30% quicker. I would take 10ES with 500k damage over 7kES with 1M damage any day.

You still get the occasional 1 shot even with 10K ES, but this is just the game. Unless you play a max block glad or something, you will always be squishy.

Regarding damage, look at my profile, all SSF gear, and I can literally just run through mobs in a juiced up T16 map and things die instantly. Bosses take a bit longer, but still melt quickly. With this build as it sits I have done 20 wave Simul, Shaper, A6 Sirus, multiple 10 way boss fights, Trialmaster, and every Ultimatum in every map to the maximum wave.

I think the cluster jewel build is a bit of a cluster f@#k to be honest, and never even went that way. I want to have wicked ward, and tons of ES, with enough damage to kill mobs. Focusing on damage over survivability is where the build took a bit of a turn for the worst in my opinion (no offence Shak). The original build was better, although to be fair, being SSF I have not tired the tweaked version of the "new" builds.

TLDR : In short, build is still strong, tanky and can do most, if not all content, just tweak it to your play style and gear, and concentrate most on ES than DPS.

This guy gets it!! Except CI and Wicked Ward sucks :P

I have 10.5k ES, 3.8k ES regen per second and 13mil DPS and will take that over 500k dps any day haha

Everyone complaining about getting one shot is either low ES, bad flask uptime, low regen and level 93-95 trying to fit in full clusters in their setup which is not optimal.

Shak's Endgame POB with cluster is level 100 for reason. If your not willing to put in the effort and follow the endgame setup the way its intended you have no right to complain.

This is a league starter build that will get you to red maps very easily , but if you want to steamroll t16 maps and clear all content easily you need to invest currency plain and simple. Vortex damage and defence has really high scalability, but don't expect to be steam rolling t16s on 20ex budget with this build.

So if you don't want to invest actual currency into the build go find another build and get out of this post.

FYI: I still get one shot randomly sometimes. No build in the game is one shot proof. Its how the game is designed.
Last edited by donbrawler on May 25, 2021, 12:52:24 PM
"
MisterCastle wrote:
"
weikor wrote:

Yeah agreed. Boss killing can take a bit of time so it might require you to learn those mechanics in order to win those fights but for mapping the build is quick and easy.

It definitely melts bosses. Just not with your gear setup.

@weikor You opinion means nothing when you have never played Occultist or even gotten any high level characters on your account even min maxed.

Here is A9 Conqueror with Corrupted 8 mod with extra health with Hexproof. Which means I have 40% less damage without EE and no curses. The Conqueror still dies in less than 10 seconds, normally 2-3 seconds with EE up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqMeBdDUfqw

There isn't one build in POE that melts endgame bosses without investing currency
Last edited by donbrawler on May 25, 2021, 2:25:30 PM
"
Defiants wrote:
I'm kind of frustrated, I don't really understand how people are having the success they're having with this build. I've invested quite a bit into it and I'm still just getting one shot all the time.

A little hint some of us never ran t16 maps with the level of your gear and such low dps.

I was rank 2 level 100 Vortex this league and I ran t10-13 and delve depth 180-205 until I got to 98. The last two levels I did party leveling because its too good to pass up

This is a league starter build at the core and will get you to red maps very quick.

You will have a hard time in t14-t16 with your dps. I have never seen anyone not follow a guide so bad. I have no idea how you have less than 1.5mil dps using Low Life, no wonder your complaining.

Please get rid of that warlords mark ring its overwriting one of your curses and upgrade your wand and gems asap
Last edited by donbrawler on May 25, 2021, 12:18:03 PM
Biggest mistake new players are making

If your trying to do t14-t16 at level 90-95 and keep getting killed. Doesn't it make sense that the game is telling you your not strong enough for that tier of Map? drop down to a tier of map you can clear in less than 2 minutes and get more levels or invest more currency into your Energy Shield and Damage.

Don't blame the build when none of you complaining have any characters past 95
Last edited by donbrawler on May 25, 2021, 1:01:47 PM
Here is another example of what investment will get you.

https://youtu.be/FVkqYEZFC2I

50c for Sceptre
9ex for awakened gems
12ex for the materials I purchased to craft all my rare items including +2 Amulet.
70c for Energy from Within and I double corrupted it my self.
22ex for Watchers Eye
12ex total for unlinked corrupted Shavs and I linked it my self using the crafting bench.
2ex for cluster bases all crafted myself
3ex for Helm
2ex for Prism Guardian
70c for Mark of Shaper and I divined it myself.

All harvest crafts, beast crafts where free and farmed by my self.

Overall I spent a little over 60ex this league to get 10.4k ES, 3.8k Regen and 13mil Shaper DPS.

I will be upgrading to this wand that I sniped for 2ex once I add 15% dot multi suffix from harvest crafts, then multi mod

Last edited by donbrawler on May 25, 2021, 1:58:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info