[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Sorry the CI build is straight trash now compared to the previous design. All the defensive layers have been stripped (boosted ES, block etc.) in the hopes that boosted ES res would compensate but that doesn't help you if you are getting one shot. It is really just a poor man's version of LL now where it was a much beefier build before. It brings me no joy to say this because I know how much effort Shak puts into this but I ran the CI build in 3.13 and hardly died whereas now I am getting one shot consistently and since Ult and Ritual are basically the same league I can't even blame it on the league mechanic. The CI rebuild was a miss in my opinion.
"
Cyllus wrote:
Sorry the CI build is straight trash now compared to the previous design. All the defensive layers have been stripped (boosted ES, block etc.) in the hopes that boosted ES res would compensate but that doesn't help you if you are getting one shot. It is really just a poor man's version of LL now where it was a much beefier build before. It brings me no joy to say this because I know how much effort Shak puts into this but I ran the CI build in 3.13 and hardly died whereas now I am getting one shot consistently and since Ult and Ritual are basically the same league I can't even blame it on the league mechanic. The CI rebuild was a miss in my opinion.

I agree that the tradeoff in QOL is terrible, especially losing virtually all the block and area. Mapping is much more painful. I am going to try and invest in returning to a previous wicked ward style.
One of the advantages the CI build has over the LL version is the ES on block shield mod which is so much weaker now that the PoB specs out of block. The new tree for CI looks good on PoB, but when you're in game it probably feels worse than the old build
What about Viule Power, Profane Bloom and Forbidden Power and PoC?
The build is great with high investment. Level 96 now with the LL variant, 11k es and my damage is great. But i am wondering if there would be a way to work in an ES on block shield at the cost of dropping a couple of auras (and probably damage)? The survivability of the build is ok but not amazing, dont get me wrong it is still more survivable than most builds out there, but the es recovery on block would make it alot smoother especially vs end game bosses like the feared, as the cinderswallow while amazing and necessary vs most content is kinda useless mostly in the end game bosses and invitations if thats what you want to farm and its the majority of our recovery. If anyone has tried it out or worked out a working build to the absolute end game i would appreciate the input.

If all you want from the build is to run t16s and do sirus/maven this build will do them very smoothly, albeit with great investment. And iv enjoyed it alot.
For me the new version of CI doesn`t work...then i try to switch to new LL no change I think the equipment was to bad.
Now I have switch back to the old CI...for me it works better.
"
Esco420 wrote:
If you want to be more defensive then stay with CI rather than low-life. stack energy shield, block, and recover ES on block. Aim for 13000 Es if you want to be defensive. playing HC i fill out the ES and block nodes and haven't actually got any cold DOT nodes yet as i had prioritised defence.

Unfortunately the CI build at the moment seems to lack the damage necessary to do higher tier red maps. Have you tried it this league? To be fair if I had a better weapon it might help, but when I switched to LL my Vortex damage per second went from 140k to 400k, ( not pob ) so I'm fairly sure that even with a better weapon it still wouldn't be enough. I dropped some damage nodes and focused more on ES, sitting at 9600es now but still dying more often than I'd like. But yeah CI did feel a bit stronger defensive wise, but the fights would drag on so long due to the lower damage that it didn't really feel like a benefit. I miss having Flamedash/SecondWind/FasterCasting linked together though.

"
Esco420 wrote:
You may be running risky maps, you may lack some knowledge of what is dangerous and how to avoid it, your flasks may be out of whack.

I don't run juiced maps, there's a long list of modifiers that I avoid ( and thus have to spend a nice chunk of chaos avoiding in the process ) I won't do anything that effects my elemental resists, no elemental reflect, I won't do any maps that lower energy shield regeneration-- then I'll avoid stacking too much monster damage modifiers, a few are OK but too many and it gets risky.

My flasks seem to be OK, my Cinderswallow could have a better modifier, and I'll likely get that today.

In regards to what is dangerous, yeah-- but half the time the death feels so completely random that I have no way of knowing how to avoid it. I've realized that Sirus randomly attacking me during maps is what does it sometimes. Had a Sirus blast nail me during an Ultimatum last night. I really don't understand how I'm supposed to avoid it. Feels pretty random. I mean I'm in an Ultimatum, the screen is spammed with textures, mobs, and spells, I was doing great and then all of a sudden Sirus took a dump on me? The only time I stop moving is to throw down a Storm Brand occasionally. I made a post about this on the General Forums awhile back, saying that it would be nice if there was some variety of combat log in this game, at least in regards to how you die. I feel like I'm learning absolutely nothing when I die. This comes back to the whole "just don't get hit" argument, and I think it's bull because there are so many random chaotic end game events and scenarios where you're getting hit from so many angles at the same time. I mean let's be real, if the argument is just "don't get hit", then can't you say that basically every build is viable?

For me a build with the investment I have made so far shouldn't be getting one shot like this. I might not know every single boss mechanic and be a god tier player, but I'm not exactly fresh off the boat either. Saying that CI is more defensive feels irrelevant as it lacks the damage to tackle end game. I don't think the CI build should be combined with the LL build guide because criticism of defenses then get dismissed by saying "play CI", but if you're CI and you want to clear the end game you're told to "play LL". Except you can't do that unless what, you know every mechanic in the game, have 4000 hours played, and know how to materialize a hundred exalts in the first week of a league as well as be active on TFT discord? And even then you'll struggle with the late end game bosses.

tldr; CI can't clear the end game and is the only SSF friendly version of Vortex. LL is extremely expensive and still cannot easily clear the extreme end game, and relies on extensive game knowledge to get around a lack of defensive layers.
I died a lot, too.
But after Changing my playstyle a bit it doesn't Happen anymore. I have Vortex on leftmouseboutton, so every Thing that folows me die.
Bigger Packs in Front of me becomes coldsnapped. Ultimatums are much easier with storm Brand. And the most Importent I permanently Rotate my flasks. 1, 2 3 4 5 and Back to 1.

That works fine for me...
Last edited by Ogli1 on May 23, 2021, 12:11:11 PM
"
Ogli1 wrote:
I died a lot, too.
But after Changing my playstyle a bit it doesn't Happen anymore. I have Vortex on leftmouseboutton, so every Thing that folows me die.
Bigger Packs in Front of me becomes coldsnapped. Ultimatums are much easier with storm Brand. And the most Importent I permanently Rotate my flasks. 1, 2 3 4 5 and Back to 1.

That works fine for me...

this exactly. I still die sometimes, dont care though. this build is good. Keep it moving. Standing still = dead.
IGN: NickCageAsGhostRider
New player with a quick question. When I look through the Path of Building the colored sockets on the gear often don't align with the Skills indicated. I.e. there is a Vaal Regalia that has 6 linked blue sockets BUT the skills that are supposed to be used with in the chest piece are 4 blue (including Vortex) and 2 green.

Am I misunderstanding something? I was hoping to buy some equipment but just wanted to make sure first.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info