[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
donbrawler wrote:
Biggest mistake new players are making

If your trying to do t14-t16 at level 90-95 and keep getting killed. Doesn't it make sense that the game is telling you your not strong enough for that tier of Map? drop down to a tier of map you can clear in less than 2 minutes and get more levels or invest more currency into your Energy Shield and Damage.

Don't blame the build when none of you complaining have any characters past 95

I get where you're coming from and some people's criticisms of the build can be unfair, but for the number 2 vortex player to come in and tell people that's he's never seen someone follow a build worse is equally not good for this community.

It's a good sign of health for a community to have people come in and express their fustrations, that way, others can discuss what they're doing wrong so the rest of us don't make their mistakes, but to come in and say "don't critisize when you haven't hit 95" is equally frustrating to hear since a lot of people, myself included (who maybe don't have the time), want to see more opinions and discussions to make the build better for everyone (including other people's experience of the leveling process from 85 - 95) and not just the people who have 60ex and time to snipe gg trade items.

If this thread was just people level 95+ saying how great this build is once they hit 95 and invested 60ex, this thread would get boring really fast and no one would learn anything beyond what 5ex item is best in the slot.

The build/guide is definitely great and informative and we appreciatethe work put into it - people just have to shift their expectations of how much time and currency a good vortex build costs and what they expect to get out of the build.
Last edited by sweetandlow on May 25, 2021, 2:39:53 PM
"
sweetandlow wrote:
"
donbrawler wrote:

If your trying to do t14-t16 at level 90-95 and keep getting killed. Doesn't it make sense that the game is telling you your not strong enough for that tier of Map? drop down to a tier of map you can clear in less than 2 minutes and get more levels or invest more currency into your Energy Shield and Damage.

I get where you're coming from and some people's criticisms of the build can be unfair, but for the number 2 vortex player to come in and tell people that's he's never seen someone follow a build worse is equally not good for this community.

It's a good sign of health for a community to have people come in and express their fustrations, that way, others can discuss what they're doing wrong so the rest of us don't make their mistakes, but to come in and say "don't critisize when you haven't hit 95" is equally frustrating to hear since a lot of people, myself included (who maybe don't have the time), want to see more opinions and discussions to make the build better for everyone (including other people's experience of the leveling process from 85 - 95) and not just the people who have 60ex and time to snipe gg trade items.

If this thread was just people level 95+ saying how great this build is once they hit 95 and invested 60ex, this thread would get boring really fast and no one would learn anything beyond what 5ex item is best in the slot.

The build/guide is definitely great and informative and we appreciatethe work put into it - people just have to shift their expectations of how much time and currency a good vortex build costs and what they expect to get out of the build.

I am very blunt and to the point I am just tired of people complaining/trolling when they don't even have a Occultist character or they aren't putting in the effort.

Not following the guide by slapping in bad cluster setups, not keeping flasks uptime, bad weapons , bad jewels, weird trees and low levels, then trying to do content their gear and level can't do.

This has always been a league starter build to get you to red maps fairly easy and if you want to stay at 90-95 and can't invest currency, time to get higher levels and effort then you will not be being doing all endgame content with ease and will be stuck in a league start build all league.

You can hate on me all you want but I speak the truth when I see people with multiple builds that can't get past 93-95. It's your issue and your not willing to put in the effort.

All of my good rare items are crafted my self within the month since league has been out. Anyone can make my rares I even posted guides for some of them on discord. This has nothing to do with sniping or even having tons of currency its all about effort and willing to learn and not blame build creators. 2-4 hours a day in a month can get you my level of gear.
Last edited by donbrawler on May 25, 2021, 3:06:12 PM
"
sweetandlow wrote:
"
donbrawler wrote:

Just stepping in to offer my perspective. I understand both yours and Dons perspective. Just so we're on the same page, Don is not just a random #2 Vortex player on the DPS charts; he's one of the biggest pillars of the "Vortex community" (if that even exists). One of the biggest frustrations is when people won't join the Discord link on the front page and just complain about the build in the forum comments. Don is one of my Discord mods and has spent literally 100s of hours this league alone helping people with Vortex builds. He's given out free bench crafts, helped create crafting guides, answered thousands of questions, etc. He is as helpful as it gets, so its even more frustrating when someone writes a long critical comment that hasn't been following the build correctly and could give new players the wrong impression of the build.

With that out of the way, some of the complaints on the forums are valid, but some are absolutely absurd. The player that wrote a book of a comment that Don responded to has gear that's not even Spellcaster related. He's overriding his curses with an irrelevant curse on hit ring, his weapon is a dagger with poison mods on it, and he's clearly ignored the greater helpful community in the Discord as well as the large amount of videos I've been releasing this league with advice, help, PoB updates, crafting guides, etc. He commented harshly and was met with a harsh response. Negativity shouldn't be the only emotion allowed to be expressed forcefully.

From my perspective, the build isn't everyone's cup of tea, and (like basically any build that's not S-tier meta and scheduled for nerfs) it obviously isn't wrecking the Maven on a 2 ex budget.

However, for that player to imply that my guide is dishonest is beyond insulting. The combination of explanation, transparency, and work put into my guide is quite frankly ridiculous. The only way I could be more forthcoming about the contents of the guide would be for me to stream every single guide update. Oh wait... I literally streamed the entirety of the 3.14 update and I've streamed every PoB update and change since then as well. I even have a to-do list posted in the Discord so you can see my upcoming guide work before it's implemented.

None of us have time to be overly patient with the people that spout off nonsense because we're too busy helping the 2500 other people who cared enough about getting better to join the Discord or watch the streams or YouTube videos in an effort to improve both their build and gameplay. That player isn't entitled to my time or respect in the same way that I'm not entitled to theirs. But to suggest that the guide is dishonest or lacking clarity is laughable. If this guide isn't clear or honest, then no guide for any game ever qualifies.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on May 25, 2021, 3:16:05 PM
"
ShakCentral wrote:

Don is not just a random #2 Vortex player on the DPS charts; he's one of the biggest pillars of the "Vortex community"

Just to clarify I am rank 2 by level and only rank 12 by DPS

Rank 1 and Rank 6 DPS is in our Discord and help new players also.

I am very willing to help people if you come to our discord and ask for help. But fair warning don't come in attacking Shak and his guide or complain about the build.
Last edited by donbrawler on May 25, 2021, 5:58:48 PM
What kind of configurations we have to do in POB after we import our character so it displays an equivalent DPS as this build's POB? When I import mine it only shows around 200k DPS while in this build's POB it shows around 2M (LL no clusters). The only differences my build has is that I don't have cold dot multiplier on the gloves, +1 cold skill gems on the wand and the normal jewels. I wanted to know if this difference is due to the item difference or if that's because I'm missing some configuration on POB.
"
juninpoe wrote:
What kind of configurations we have to do in POB after we import our character so it displays an equivalent DPS as this build's POB? When I import mine it only shows around 200k DPS while in this build's POB it shows around 2M (LL no clusters). The only differences my build has is that I don't have cold dot multiplier on the gloves, +1 cold skill gems on the wand and the normal jewels. I wanted to know if this difference is due to the item difference or if that's because I'm missing some configuration on POB.

Look in the main guide's PoB notes. I have written out the configuration options.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Why do we use Clarity?? I just switched to the "new" CI build and noticed you added clarity? Never had mana issue with the old build did i miss something???

edit: nevermind i see the differnce now...but now i can only level vitality and clarity to level 15 before i reserve to much to use skills...ugh what am i missing?
Last edited by Pango1981 on May 26, 2021, 9:46:04 PM
Hi,

Can somone look at my character, and tell me on what i should invest now? 7 ex currently
I had a lengthy post that was more insulting than helpful, then (wisely?) deleted it.

From multiple leagues, this build is great. Instant cast is better than I can explain. Face-tanking is bad unless you massively overpower the content. You can very cheaply (cheap 6L vaal regalia CI, 5L shav's) steamroll alch-and-go T11 maps and grind currency. It scales very well to handle anything. (maybe not Hall of grand masters, but what does?)

If you want a league starter that scales to 36 challenges and level 95+, this is one of the best. Level 100 I might want something that doesn't come in close to danger, but seriously instant cast is a godsend, overall my favorite build.
Curious. I have a lvl 5 Awakened Hextouch. With it I get the extra curse. That being said. Is Malediction still the best choice and add another curse (if that is possible) or should I go with Profane Bloom? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info