[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Hey Guys,

First time vortex here an I'm loving it! I'm asking myself if I should switch to LL at all. I feel very comfortable with CI and can do T16 maps easily (ok bosses take some time...).

Is the damage-output of LL a lot higher or can I reach similar levels by maxing my CI gear?

I am especially fond of those:

I am a dirty casual not sitting on a fortune to just try it out. Thanks to my first mirror shard ever I could do the switch and then sell my body armor and my amu. OR I could simply improve the gear of my CI (+2 wand with cold dot).

Hello, does anyone know where in the POB Calcs i can find the Spell damage calculations to DOT, i know spell damage is factored into Vortex DOT but i cant find it in the Calcs. I want to see the effectiveness of tranquility and other sources.

Edit: NVM .... i found it
Last edited by The_Dentist on May 18, 2021, 7:35:32 PM
"
SchnouzPolä wrote:
Hey Guys,

First time vortex here an I'm loving it! I'm asking myself if I should switch to LL at all. I feel very comfortable with CI and can do T16 maps easily (ok bosses take some time...).

Is the damage-output of LL a lot higher or can I reach similar levels by maxing my CI gear?

I am especially fond of those:

I am a dirty casual not sitting on a fortune to just try it out. Thanks to my first mirror shard ever I could do the switch and then sell my body armor and my amu. OR I could simply improve the gear of my CI (+2 wand with cold dot).

You can keep the amulet if you choose to use Vile Bastion instead of Profane Bloom.
LL should be a strong improvement in damage overall at the cost of ES.
Curious about what I should get next apart from a +2 wand (crafting one currently) POB: https://pastebin.com/qzd3HSj4

Also curious if theres an order for the best watchers eye mods or stuff.

edit: updated pob
Australian Summoner-Main
Last edited by Cyan101 on May 19, 2021, 3:24:07 AM
Hi there,

I've hit a bit of a road block in SSF and would appreciate some tips on how to improve my defences.

I'm currently running T8-T9 maps comfortably but when I try to push T10-T11, I often find myself dying 2-3 times in a map.

I have a 5-link Shavs and I'm not sure yet if pushing to a LL build will improve things.
Single-target damage seems extremely low as well, even with curses applied.

Here is a PoB link to my character and if you want to take a look at the character via my profile, it's name is Nethersling.

https://pastebin.com/aiqJRbKp

Thanks for your time!
"
Sighted wrote:
Hi there,

I've hit a bit of a road block in SSF and would appreciate some tips on how to improve my defences.

I'm currently running T8-T9 maps comfortably but when I try to push T10-T11, I often find myself dying 2-3 times in a map.

I have a 5-link Shavs and I'm not sure yet if pushing to a LL build will improve things.
Single-target damage seems extremely low as well, even with curses applied.

Here is a PoB link to my character and if you want to take a look at the character via my profile, it's name is Nethersling.

https://pastebin.com/aiqJRbKp

Thanks for your time!

You're using the lowlife tree only with CI instead of Pain Attunement. Check out the level 80 CI tree in Shak's POB - you probably won't see much benefit from all the aura nodes without the ll aura setup.

Also your wand has added cold to spells, which lowers your dot dps with Elemental Equilibrium. Look for a wand with cold damage over time multi and no added cold to spells.
Started in SSF and now migrated to trade because I had farmed quite a budget that I couldn't leave unused.
Finished transition more or less, just didn't bother with better clusters yet. What's puzzling me is that I only reach ~300 ES regen with my char, and the updated guide gets a whopping 1200. Levelling vitality would bring me to ca. 400, but I can't figure out where I should get the rest of it other than the aura jewels. Is this the way to go?

My PoB if anyone wants to help: https://pastebin.com/iDaMTt70
Last edited by GsengteSau on May 20, 2021, 5:51:06 PM
I'm kind of frustrated, I don't really understand how people are having the success they're having with this build. I've invested quite a bit into it and I'm still just getting one shot all the time.

I'm really tired of the "hurr durr, just don't get hit" attitude. I don't know what content they're talking about, but there's more than enough content in this game where you really just can't avoid getting hit.

I don't feel there's any true defensive layers here. We have a large ES pool, and some ES regen-- but even with 8600 ES I'm getting 100% one shot. From full ES to dead in a fraction of a second, all while in a map that otherwise poses no challenge. I cannot do Sirus at higher awakener levels, if I get touched at any point in that fight I just die. I can't do Ultimatums on a consistent basis, I can't do Tier 16 maps consistently. I'm level 94 and cannot progress past this point, and I just spent a bunch on the Cluster Jewels only to allocate them and see no perceivable buff. Damage went up by like 10%, but I had to remove defensive nodes such as the Shield Block stuff.

I'm just getting tired of having builds hyped up by people that somehow have 100s of Exalts to make literally any build work, then presenting it to people as if it's a strong build for average players. I have 1500 hours in this game. I'm not a noob. I'm definitely not an expert or a top tier player either, but damn.

Or is this just the state of the game? I don't know.

This is yet another paper tiger build presented as having defenses and the ability to do all content in the game. That's not true unless you're buying 100 exalts through RMT.

And no, I'm not giving my items to random people on TFT. That's not a game I want to play. I've been scammed before by "trusted" people. I'm not into playing Path of Exile that way. I'm saying this because the response to me stating that you need 100 exalts will be "just craft your own gear" which is nonsense because none of this "crafted" gear is crafted by one individual person; instead it's crafted in part by one person, then handed to another to do extremely rare harvest crafts. If that's the only way your build can get geared properly, it shouldn't be considered as viable for SSF. This build played via SSF will not progress past Tier 14 maps. The only way to get the damage required is through the Low Life variant which is significantly more fragile and requires several uniques that will be hard to source in SSF.

Anyone glancing at my profile, my weapon can be improved-- sure, for a dozen exalts or so, for a slight increase in DPS, which won't stop me from getting one shot. I could upgrade my belt for a dozen exalts. My Elder Ring could probably have a bit more ES on it, but I use it to generate Endurance Charges which assists my CWDT Immortal Call link.

Last edited by Defiants on May 28, 2021, 4:10:05 PM
"
Defiants wrote:
I'm kind of frustrated, I don't really understand how people are having the success they're having with this build. I've invested quite a bit into it and I'm still just getting one shot all the time.
Spoiler

I'm really tired of the "hurr durr, just don't get hit" attitude. I don't know what content they're talking about, but there's more than enough content in this game where you really just can't avoid getting hit.

I don't feel there's any true defensive layers here. We have a large ES pool, and some ES regen-- but even with 8600 ES I'm getting 100% one shot. From full ES to dead in a fraction of a second, all while in a map that otherwise poses no challenge. I cannot do Sirus at higher awakener levels, if I get touched at any point in that fight I just die. I can't do Ultimatums on a consistent basis, I can't do Tier 16 maps consistently. I'm level 94 and cannot progress past this point, and I just spent a bunch on the Cluster Jewels only to allocate them and see no perceivable buff. Damage went up by like 10%, but I had to remove defensive nodes such as the Shield Block stuff.

I'm just getting tired of having builds hyped up by people that somehow have 100s of Exalts to make literally any build work, then presenting it to people as if it's a strong build for average players. I have 1500 hours in this game. I'm not a noob. I'm definitely not an expert or a top tier player either, but damn. I'm really just getting sick of the game because of how people consistently misrepresent builds.

Or is this just the state of the game? I don't know.

It really bothers me that people can't just present their build guides in an honest manner. This is yet another paper tiger build presented as having defenses and the ability to do all content in the game. That's not true unless you're buying 100 exalts through RMT.

And no, I'm not giving my items to random people on TFT. That's not a game I want to play. I've been scammed before by "trusted" people. I'm not into playing Path of Exile that way. I'm saying this because the response to me stating that you need 100 exalts will be "just craft your own gear" which is nonsense because none of this "crafted" gear is crafted by one individual person; instead it's crafted in part by one person, then handed to another to do extremely rare harvest crafts. If that's the only way your build can get geared properly, it shouldn't be considered as viable for SSF. This build played via SSF will not progress past Tier 14 maps. The only way to get the damage required is through the Low Life variant which is significantly more fragile and requires several uniques that will be hard to source in SSF.

Anyone glancing at my profile, my weapon can be improved-- sure, for a dozen exalts or so, for a slight increase in DPS, which won't stop me from getting one shot. I could upgrade my belt for a dozen exalts. My Elder Ring could probably have a bit more ES on it, but I use it to generate Endurance Charges which assists my CWDT Immortal Call link. ( Which isn't even included in the base build, instead they suggest you have more damage abilities such as frost bomb )

If you want to spend 20 exalts to avoid a good portion of Map Modifiers and still struggle to do most of the end game content, this build is great for you.

Hey there, I'm experiencing the same occasional one-shots. Started in SSF as CI and did A8 with it, it definitively is significantly tankier than the low life version. I guess the key is the high ES-regen achieved through 3 non-curse aura clusters here.
You should also get a cinderswallow with life regen mod for an extra 250-ish ES-regen. The cold-dot-clusters with disorienting display also offer great defense with 10 % chance to blind enemies.
Last edited by GsengteSau on May 20, 2021, 4:38:26 PM
Couldnt disagree more with the poster before.

I'm playing SSFHC and reasonably comfortably clearing T16 maps at level 91. This is prior to a low-life switch. I haven't died. I'm also reasonably familiar with vortex prior to this guide but it has been really helpful, thanks helps Shak!

To the poster who was disgruntled... 1500 hours is honestly not a whole lot in POE. If you're dying regularly then you're making mistakes. You may be running risky maps, you may lack some knowledge of what is dangerous and how to avoid it, your flasks may be out of whack. Could be heaps of things, but it isn't the guide's fault. 8000 es is not a huge ES pool, that is small for red maps. I've played 4000 hours and really enjoy vortex occultist, and i've learned from this guide.

If you want to be more defensive then stay with CI rather than low-life. stack energy shield, block, and recover ES on block. Aim for 13000 Es if you want to be defensive. playing HC i fill out the ES and block nodes and haven't actually got any cold DOT nodes yet as i had prioritised defence. Its absolutely possible SSF you just need to adjust.
Last edited by Esco420 on May 20, 2021, 6:46:16 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info