[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Thanks GreyLensman and Aurelius314. Makes more sense now!

I am still a little confused by Shak's note here: "To ensure we have EE and hexes up 100% on bosses, we are now handcasting Storm Brand linked to Hextouch and your 2 favorite hexes. This alone will provide 100% EE uptime, but we'll also be using the trigger for helpful spells, like OoS to proc Elemental Overload, Frost Bomb for exposure, and Tempest Shield for a long duration block buff that also deals lightning damage for EE."

It says to use OoS - Frost Bomb - Tempest Shield on the trigger wand. But in the PoB from the original post there still seems to be the Trigger wand with OoS - Storm Brand - Frostbite. And I noted that there isn't Elemental Weakness used due to Profane Bloom which is a huge damage hex for bosses also.

I'm thinking maybe replace Frost Bomb on the Wand with Frostbite? Not sure how useful Storm Brand is. Or just like two hexes on the wand + OoS? And don't bother with hextouch at all. I don't really have room for a Hex link with my current setup as I'm too poor to go buy a good Unset ring. And I really don't want to lose Malevolance for a Blasphemy setup.

...OR I just self-cast my other hex and have 1 hex on the wand
Last edited by Jasper111 on May 1, 2021, 10:40:21 AM
Storm Brand is also a fine way to reset EE. As with all methods, it can be done with the trigger wand or manually.

There are a lot of things going on here, and his PoB looks quite different for CI and LL. Also before and after you have the trigger mod.

But you can certainly change things up. For example, if your movement still needs work and you want a defensive curse while clearing, but Ele Weakness for bosses, you can swap. Some people don't like swapping gems. A lot of the game is personal preference based on your skill level and what feels better.
Don't understand why the Very Strict filter highlights every normal and magic jewel and armour, should I be picking these up to craft with them somehow? I get that they're the best bases but surely I only need one of each to craft on.
Hi to all!

What you think about cold pen whatcher`s. 15% pen work with frostbite etc?
Should I scour off the cast speed/Arcane surge? The suffix options seem pretty bad. 16% cold damage or I could use it increase attributes and respec a node on the tree.

I could also go for an additional veiled mod but run the risk of getting 2 and potentially having to risk an annul. Thoughts?

"
rubikkubika wrote:
Hi to all!

What you think about cold pen whatcher`s. 15% pen work with frostbite etc?

Cold pen won't work with your dots. I bought a watchers too and learned the hard way.
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
Should I scour off the cast speed/Arcane surge? The suffix options seem pretty bad. 16% cold damage or I could use it increase attributes and respec a node on the tree.

I could also go for an additional veiled mod but run the risk of getting 2 and potentially having to risk an annul. Thoughts?

I was also thinking that if I leave the Arcane Surge on the dagger I can free up a gem slot and add in some kind of guard skill, like Molten Shell or Immortal Call, that I can keep on my left mouse click. I'd have to gem swap back to Arcane Surge for bossing but I have a white socket so not a big deal there.
First, thank you ShakCentral for the guide. Was my second character this season so I had a littel currency, went CI and now Low Life and can do everything so far. I'm now wanting to craft a better wand, Boots, Belt and Gloves. I'm wondering if there is an updated guide or if someone could explain here the steps for 3.14 league? I've looked at this guide for 3.13 https://docs.google.com/document/d/107on_q-JasHIfnci3kd23Y9X_uTpJgdwPIywOVNfs-c/edit but harvest is different from last league. I'm probabaly just missing something in your guide or video somewhere but any help in the right direction would be great.

Thanks again. Having a great time with his build.

I think I found away of getting around the hextouch link and getting 3 curses on enemies with Arcanist Brand and anointed Whispers of Doom? It seems like it works, the only downside being you can't use Storm Brand.

Either way you can then get Despair, Frostbite and Elemental Weakness which is crazy damage buffs.
Last edited by Jasper111 on May 1, 2021, 8:29:58 PM
How important of an upgrade is a regular wand to a wand with trigger craft on it? It's generally more QoL right, or am I missing something.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info