[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Is there an advantage to the self cast vortex over a spell slinger variation?
"
IrishHawkeye wrote:
Is there an advantage to the self cast vortex over a spell slinger variation?

Much higher ponential damage because 1. Extra link and 2. you can use your reservations for damage auras instead of spell slinger.

Clear is substantially slower tho.
Hit Level 90, Red Maps. Never got this far in end game PoE before, thank you Shak and everyone else who's helped in this thread. I have a bit of currency in my pocket, but I have no idea at all how to spend it!!

I feel like I need some Defense, dying a bit now after not dying for so long. I'm going to stick with CI for now, can't see LL being a thing for ages.

This is my PoB (I learned how to use that today). Any thoughts on next upgrades or changes would be much appreciated please :)

https://pastebin.com/B2VwSN6a
I posted two times before in this thread and I'am feeling a bit ashamed of seeming to have lost my manners. So I'll correct it now:

THX for the great build and your work!!!

I switched two levels ago to LL (atm level 85) and it is really nice. Still massive room for improvement but in my oppinion even tankier then the CI-Version (ok, I'am better equipped right now, ES 7500 buffed, before 6200 buffed). Still need to do 4. lab, but missing 2 trials. (skipped Vile Bastion for two curses)

June gave me the first half of 4s Trigger, waitung for the second half to "correct" my wand to 4s. If 4s Trigger Storm Brand back in the wand ????? If so, suggestions for the 4L-Curse setup?
"
ogli wrote:
June gave me the first half of 4s Trigger, waitung for the second half to "correct" my wand to 4s. If 4s Trigger Storm Brand back in the wand ????? If so, suggestions for the 4L-Curse setup?

The trigger u can craft from bench is the 8 second one

@Shak : Is it normal that i feel much more control linking Oos with the hexes than stormbrand (the range on Oos seems really bigger and it feels so smooth during maping, i feel like i lack of control with stormbrand when i have multiple targets and i dont see why Oos would not be a good choice as well during a boss encouter too to proc the curses)
Last edited by Likearock_74 on May 2, 2021, 6:23:36 AM
Thinking about switching to LL but keep talking myself out of it. With Ultimatums, being chaos immune is definitely nice, but the biggest thing are the Profane Bloom explosions.

Anyone not using a double curse LL version? Malediction is nice, but I feel like the explosions from Profane Bloom are almost a necessity for Ultimatums
This is the first league i have actually made a lot of currencyy and have been Low Life for quiete a while now, and i am starting to consider goin into the cluster jewel version, and i was wondering if there is a specific way to craft the jewels, becuase its looking like it will cost me about 25,000 chaos to craft them.

So in short does anyone know a method for crafting the cluster jewels for this build.
"
zamadaz wrote:
This is the first league i have actually made a lot of currencyy and have been Low Life for quiete a while now, and i am starting to consider goin into the cluster jewel version, and i was wondering if there is a specific way to craft the jewels, becuase its looking like it will cost me about 25,000 chaos to craft them.

So in short does anyone know a method for crafting the cluster jewels for this build.

Right ilvl, and fossils. i bout the big ones but the medium and small are really easy to make
"
Blood_Sail wrote:
I feel like the explosions from Profane Bloom are almost a necessity for Ultimatums

I do just fine in Ultimatums without Profane Bloom. Like I literally can just run in circles, throw my aoe curses out and then vaal cold snap clears up any tough ones. I think my damage is probably on the low end as well with only 1mil Vortex DPS.
I'm pretty sure Temp Chains is the best 2nd curse for defense, but does anyone have an opinion on the best 2nd curse for dps? Is Ele Weakness overkill when you already have Frostbite going?

Also I'm working on crafting a trigger want and I'm not sure what gems to use. I already have a ring to apply Frostbite so would it be OoS + Tempest Shield + 2nd curse? Are there other gems I should consider?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info