[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Has anyone tried experimenting with an Inspired Learning? I got one from a drop and lost some spell block + life regen to try it in Ultimatums cause of all the rare mobs. It seems good, any thoughts?
Last edited by BeSsSt_Nam3_Ev3r on May 2, 2021, 9:49:31 PM
Thanks for the great guide Shak, managed to kill awakener 8! Been loving how easy ultimatums are as well. Looking forward to transitioning into the low life build when I get some currency. This will probably be my go to starter for every season :)
I got an amulet with +1 int +1 cold and % dmg per frenzy charge, and multimod (not relevant since I need to get rid of it anyway), so I have all prefixes taken.
How should I craft further this ammy? Aislin r4 and hope for something like res/attributes/ minimum endurance charges, multimod it anew or reroll keeping suffixes?
Last edited by Domen122 on May 3, 2021, 4:43:52 AM
What about the wand that gives +1 to all spells and + 1 to cold spells? This option in many cases seems better than anything else.
Could you mention this in the gear section?
Also isn't cold damage over time almost always preferable over spell damage?
What are the best ways to get such wands?

What's the point of using trigger spell orb of storms, if it happens only once in 8 seconds, covers very small area, and compared to the speed we run, and our damage does almost nothing? So it doesn't help almost at all during mapping, and on bosses we anyway manually cast Storm Brand.

This could save us one mod on the wand, and actually nothing would be lost.
Can someone check my char and tell me what I can do for quick improvements? Damage feels low and despite over 9k es I die instantly often. Sorry bit new to this...
"
BozidaR wrote:
Can someone check my char and tell me what I can do for quick improvements? Damage feels low and despite over 9k es I die instantly often. Sorry bit new to this...

What's your current damage? You should save up money and go LL if you want increase your damage output. Get 6L Shavronne, Prism Guardian, Chayula. You should also get a thread of hope and replace intuitive leap. Then work towards getting cluster jewels although they are kind of pricey.
Great build/guide, can't believe I didn't discover it sooner
"
Aurelius314 wrote:

EE is not a massive DPS loss at all.

LMAO. ok....
"
GreyLensman wrote:
"
whats your opinion?annul/give up the trigger socketed spells/save for a really good wand or something

Just check trade every time you play. You should be able to find something for 1 ex or less that does slightly (maybe 3-5%) more damage than your current one AND has an open suffix, or maybe even has the trigger mod on it.

Look for higher values of increased cold damage and cold multi. Forget about the +1 level. That will give you an extra 10% damage for 10 ex - or more.

thanks you helped me alot,i found a better dps wand for 15C with an open suffix
i just gave up on the +1 to gems
thanks man
"
i just gave up on the +1 to gems

+ gem level mods are always nice for spell builds, but everyone knows that so they are also expensive.

If you are min maxing and willing to spend any amount, then you absolutely can. But I find it much more interesting to figure out go to get 90% of the performance of a min-maxed build for 10% of the cost. This is nearly always possible, but it means looking at every piece of gear and asking yourself how you can get the most bang for the buck in that piece. It also usually means waiting until a few weeks into a league until the prices settle out, since things tend to be stupidly expensive in the first week or so.

Have fun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info