[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I have a good base wand, how can I craft a good cold wand?
Hi guys,

Just switched to LL after I managed to six link my shavs in 111 fusings. I know I am not complete with my cluster jewels yet but isn't our AOE a bit smaller on LL compared when we were CI? I'm dying due to this despite having 7.8k ES.

Would appreciate any tips!
So I just crafted this last night on PS4 trade league

My best thought on how to finish it up would be to aisling two bench but I wanted to query the group to see if there were any better ideas.

Thanks for any help i can get =)
"
sabotagge wrote:
"
sabotagge wrote:
Funny thing.

First time playing SSF since I got fed up with path of trading/having to rush through everything.

My last Ultimatum before Kitava gave me a 5l Shavronne Wrapping!

I know I have a long way to go, I'm just using items I got throught leveling and I'm doing white maps, but.

Should I aim for LL and skip CI?

Thanks.

Sorry to ask again.

But any advice on this?

I skipped CI in HCSSF and it only took about a day to amass ES gear and use harvest to craft a 300+es shield where you get a huge chunk of your es pool from. The switch was very smooth, I'm at lvl 92 right now and almost near 1m dps, 9k es. One thing I would really note that shak says in his guide is how amazing brush with death is for LL. I got it on my medium cluster and on my ES small cluster and my es never even drops, and I'm pushing t14s right now and clearing full ultimatums.

My build is obviously more defensive cause I'm Hcssf so I'm running blasphemy enfeeble, flesh and stone, malevolence, and discipline, shield charge/fortify and immortal call. Also using vile bastion until a blessing of chayula finally drops so i can upgrade my eye of chayula and pick up profane.

I'm still on a 5l as well, my rng has been pretty doo doo besides the 5l shavs I found.
Last edited by Tramazings on Apr 30, 2021, 1:54:28 PM
"
Restoron wrote:
"
Jasper111 wrote:
I just get 'Invalid sound filepath: RegularJewel.mp3' when trying to use the filter. Doesn't seem to be much info about this on the internet and can't seem to find that sound file from Neversink.

Take a look at Chapter 2.6 "Shak's Loot Filter".

Thanks a lot! I never would have checked under the Levelling section lol
"
dmoniak wrote:
I have a good base wand, how can I craft a good cold wand?

I second this, please!
How come no Ele weakness curse? Or is that just because it's Profane Bloom mainly instead of Malediction
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
NetherShadow wrote:
Any thoughts on Hextouch Stormbrand vs. Awakened Blasphemy (with Temp Chains)?

You can go either way and is up to you and your playstyle.

Downsides of Blasphemy
1. You will have less EE uptime on bosses since the trigger nerf and not self casting hurts EE.
2. You will need to switch to three self-control notables in the medium cluster setup to fit in auras.
3. Will overall have less DPS by loosing 18% aura effect switching to Self-control notables.

Upsides of Blasphemy
1. Its nice to have curses in maps and only should be used if you prefer profane bloom.
2. You not self casting curses.

Downside of Hextouch Stormbrand.
1. You won't have curses during mapping unless you self cast.
2. Uses one extra link so Unset ring is required.

Upsides of Hextouch Stormbrand.
1. Offers way more flexibility in the auras your choose early in maps.
2. Doesn't require huge invest in mana reserve or enlighten gems to fit in auras.
3. More DPS and ES with 18% more aura affect.
4. 100% EE uptime on bosses.

TIPS for clearing

1. Once you reach around 4mil dps you don't need curses in maps everything melts.

2. Regular Cold Snap should be used often (spammed if possible), with 3 frenzy charges you can sustain removing the cooldown of cold snap in maps.

3. Always use Vaal CS on cooldown.

I have been running Blasphemy with Temp Chains for map clearing and I gem swap the Hextouch for bossing(Maven, Sirus, Guardians); no need to switch for map bosses. I am also still running Profane Bloom.

The clear just feels so much smoother with Blasphemy and Profane Bloom. If I forget to switch back in my Blasphemy it is a very noticeable difference in QOL.

As for Profane Bloom versus Vile Bastion I favor Profane Bloom. The map clear just seems much smoother and I love the pops from explosion. The extra 10% ES regen from Vile Bastion just doesn't feel needed. Neither talent provides anything for bossing and for map clear Bloom just stands out as the clear winner for me. I did also try Forbidden Power but Bloom still felt better.
uhmm i see the discussion about the ascendency and im completely confused.

im playing the CI version,in the POB of CI it says profane bloom but in the thread the creator says Malediction is his choice(im not sure if he means for lowlife only).

now i used profane bloom on a different build before and it was very underwhelming,i wouldnt mind taking something else.

is taking malediction on the CI version the way to go?and if so where do i slot my skills?if i use the gloves for hextouch+brand+temp chains+frostbite

i do not have anywhere to slot my auras (discipline , malevolence and also enlighten ) and also no slot for frost shield?
and what do i put on my wand considering brand and frostbite are on the gloves?tempest shield+frostbomb+orb of storms?

this confuses me alot

help will be apperciated :/

*oh and btw is there any guide on how to craft the wand you showed as example?is it even realistic to craft without insane budget?
Last edited by Daydreaming7 on Apr 30, 2021, 6:55:29 PM
Ok...didn't play the build this league so just going off the PoB...

The CI and LL set-ups are quite different. The answers to your questions are in the skills section of the PoB. He is definitely not using Malediction in CI.

It will cost you quite a bit to craft or buy the wand. If you want to model the crafting, check Craft of Exile.

But honestly, if you're willing to settle for a wand with 10-15% less damage, you can probably find something decent enough as a drop. Or if drop rng is lousy, you can buy for 1 ex or less. As with all dps items, there is a sharp knee in the price curve, and you can easily pay 10x for the last 10% in performance.
Last edited by GreyLensman on Apr 30, 2021, 9:54:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info