[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Can you have both Profane Blood and Double curse?
You just get rid of Vile Bastion
"
kebal wrote:
Can you have both Profane Blood and Double curse?
You just get rid of Vile Bastion

sure you can, than its just a trade offence for defense.
"
kebal wrote:
9 of 10 top Vortex characters in this league use the Profane Bloom. I mean noone else but these guys know better how to level such character. And somehow they decided to go with Profane Bloom.

I don't what list your looking at dude , but none of us in top 4 are using profane bloom LMAO. Regen is more 100% important in maps than a little silly explosion from profane bloom that we hardly scale

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Occultist&skill=Vortex&sort=dps
Last edited by donbrawler on Apr 29, 2021, 1:15:08 PM
"
kebal wrote:
9 of 10 top Vortex characters in this league use the Profane Bloom. I mean noone else but these guys know better how to level such character. And somehow they decided to go with Profane Bloom.

Shakcentral updated this guide so that it's better for the general public and what his takes are on it.

Honestly an asshole comment when he wrote a full and lengthy guide only to be picked at for something that's 2 preferred ascendancies.

Perhaps you can start a guide with it but he made it pretty clear why he would rather run Vile Bastion.
"
warxtreme wrote:
"
kebal wrote:

Shakcentral updated this guide so that it's better for the general public and what his takes are on it.

Honestly an asshole comment when he wrote a full and lengthy guide only to be picked at for something that's 2 preferred ascendancies.

Perhaps you can start a guide with it but he made it pretty clear why he would rather run Vile Bastion.

don't worry dude that comment isn't even true all. Only 2 out of the top 10 use profane bloom and top 4 skip it. What people don't realize is cold dot doesn't scale the explosion as much as like BANE build. Its pretty much useless and I will take 1.5k regen in maps any day over some weak explosion :D
Last edited by donbrawler on Apr 29, 2021, 1:14:46 PM
"
donbrawler wrote:

don't worry dude that comment isn't even true all. Only 2 out of the top 10 use profane bloom and top 4 skip it. What people don't realize is cold dot doesn't scale the explosion as much as like BANE build. Its pretty much useless and I will take 1.5k regen in maps any day over some weak explosion :D

If you sort by DPS like the other guy, of course nobody is running Profane Bloom since they're running +2 amulets which is going to increase DPS by a lot. If you sort by exp, the higher level players (probably the ones that aren't dying) two out of three are running Profane Bloom.

At the end of the day, it's a matter of gear/choice. Profane Bloom builds run Presence of Chayula for stun immunity and have a much easier time capping chaos res, also the explosions are an irreplaceable layer of defense for on death effects.

Vile Bastion builds get lots of ES regen (which overlaps heavily with a good Vitality gem, aura scaling, Brush With Death, and Cinderswallow), more DPS with +2 amulets, but have much less chaos res.

Since enemies explode is the hardest thing to replace in that list, I like Profane Bloom for defense a lot better than Vile Bastion, assuming you have perfect gear.
I picked up a Watcher's Eye that has damage penetrates cold resist while Hatred if active but POB is only showing an increase of 1k damage. Is cold pen not very good for this build or am I missing something in POB?

https://pastebin.com/WLDiy9hY
"
"
donbrawler wrote:

If you sort by DPS like the other guy, of course nobody is running Profane Bloom since they're running +2 amulets which is going to increase DPS by a lot. If you sort by exp, the higher level players (probably the ones that aren't dying) two out of three are running Profane Bloom.

At the end of the day, it's a matter of gear/choice. Profane Bloom builds run Presence of Chayula for stun immunity and have a much easier time capping chaos res, also the explosions are an irreplaceable layer of defense for on death effects.

Vile Bastion builds get lots of ES regen (which overlaps heavily with a good Vitality gem, aura scaling, Brush With Death, and Cinderswallow), more DPS with +2 amulets, but have much less chaos res.

Since enemies explode is the hardest thing to replace in that list, I like Profane Bloom for defense a lot better than Vile Bastion, assuming you have perfect gear.

Yea I am all about choice. but is profane bloom the right choice though? I am also very experience vortex player and will have 4 level 100 characters. I and will tell you overtime I think Profane bloom is lacking and just not very strong for cold dot. I understand why people like explosions though they think it will save them from deaths, but overall more dps is biggest defense in this build.

Profane Bloom doesn't give more clear speed, the explosion don't chain and only explodes small group of packs. You use regular cold snap to kill small packs and it is just as effective as Profane Bloom.

So to those of you that are struggling getting past 92. think twice about taking profane and stop listening to people who just started playing vortex this league.

Anyone in the top 10 by level that is skipping EE, using transcendent mind and profane bloom should be ignored. because they are not solo players

And BTW I am top 5 by level
Last edited by donbrawler on Apr 29, 2021, 2:07:56 PM
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
I picked up a Watcher's Eye that has damage penetrates cold resist while Hatred if active but POB is only showing an increase of 1k damage. Is cold pen not very good for this build or am I missing something in POB?

https://pastebin.com/WLDiy9hY

Cold Pen doesn't work with Dots
Just stopping in to remind people that Vortex has a lot of flexibility, and that should be embraces, not cause people to take up sides and pitchforks.

I think it's demonstrable that Profane Bloom is nearly always the wrong choice for solo players. It's not unplayable, but it's not the best choice.

Finally, DonBrawler knows his shit. That's all I'll say on the matter. poe.ninja numbers and EXP numbers can be inflated or ramped up by non-solo players or PoB warriors.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info