[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Any thoughts on Hextouch Stormbrand vs. Awakened Blasphemy (with Temp Chains)?
"
NetherShadow wrote:
Any thoughts on Hextouch Stormbrand vs. Awakened Blasphemy (with Temp Chains)?

You can go either way and is up to you and your playstyle.

Downsides of Blasphemy
1. You will have less EE uptime on bosses since the trigger nerf and not self casting hurts EE.
2. You will need to switch to three self-control notables in the medium cluster setup to fit in auras.
3. Will overall have less DPS by loosing 18% aura effect switching to Self-control notables.

Upsides of Blasphemy
1. Its nice to have curses in maps and only should be used if you prefer profane bloom.
2. You not self casting curses.

Downside of Hextouch Stormbrand.
1. You won't have curses during mapping unless you self cast.
2. Uses one extra link so Unset ring is required.

Upsides of Hextouch Stormbrand.
1. Offers way more flexibility in the auras your choose early in maps.
2. Doesn't require huge invest in mana reserve or enlighten gems to fit in auras.
3. More DPS and ES with 18% more aura affect.
4. 100% EE uptime on bosses.

TIPS for clearing

1. Once you reach around 4mil dps you don't need curses in maps everything melts.

2. Regular Cold Snap should be used often (spammed if possible), with 3 frenzy charges you can sustain removing the cooldown of cold snap in maps.

3. Always use Vaal CS on cooldown.
Last edited by donbrawler on Apr 29, 2021, 4:16:48 PM
"
sabotagge wrote:
Funny thing.

First time playing SSF since I got fed up with path of trading/having to rush through everything.

My last Ultimatum before Kitava gave me a 5l Shavronne Wrapping!

I know I have a long way to go, I'm just using items I got throught leveling and I'm doing white maps, but.

Should I aim for LL and skip CI?

Thanks.

Sorry to ask again.

But any advice on this?
People need to be more open to discussing pros/cons of choices as well as where they are in the game.

Biggest con of the build is the painfully slow cast of cold snap which we very often need during clear to not have downtime or to clean up stragglers from the vortex cast.

Profane bloom helps reduce the amount of cold snap casts so it does increase clear speed experience, BUT its not reliable enough to consistently do so, making it a somewhat lackluster choice.
The explosion is a good defensive mechanic, no doubt about that.

Vile Bastion is just a great regen boost during mapping, period.

Neither choice is amazing, but I personally opted for Vile Bastion and I think in most cases, its the choice that will net more value.
I still do think there is a place for doing Profane Bloom, especially earlier on or you really want to desperately push the clear speed.

Im hoping this guide becomes "all things vortex" where people share metrics and experiences and we use the same to make "variations" section or something of the sort rather than being entrenched in their choice.

"
sabotagge wrote:
"
sabotagge wrote:
Funny thing.

First time playing SSF since I got fed up with path of trading/having to rush through everything.

I know I have a long way to go, I'm just using items I got throught leveling and I'm doing white maps, but.

Thanks.

Sorry to ask again.

But any advice on this?

Stick to CI first because it's easier to grab gear.
Even with Shav's you do't have Chayula for stun immunity or Prism Guardian for the extra auras to make taking Pain Attunement possible.

Hope that helps.
I'm currently rolling with CI at 7k ES and trying to figure out how to improve mapping/bossing survivability without losing too much damage.

I started out with Spellslinger for Frostbolt + CF and now have ended up with a build that fits in Malevolence by not using Spellslinger, has easily applicable hexes through Hextouch and can hold its own on boss damage with the EE ring.

The main problem I'd like to solve right now is survivability. What would be the next step for me in terms of being tankier without losing too much damage? I'm very unfamiliar with Vortex end-game.

I have an Incandescent Heart but my shield is nothing special. Is the 25% reduced Ele dmg taken from Incandescent Heart enough to warrant it over a high ES body?

Here's my PoB if you have time to check it out: https://pastebin.com/TUiSxQHF

I'm Lvl. 93 atm and can run t16 maps and bosses fairly painlessly. I struggle a lot with HP degen and taking consistent damage though. The ES regen is just so slow, feels like I should have either more regen or faster start of ES recharge.

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Jasper111 on Apr 30, 2021, 5:17:35 AM
"
warxtreme wrote:
"
sabotagge wrote:
"
sabotagge wrote:
Funny thing.

Thanks.

Sorry to ask again.

But any advice on this?

Stick to CI first because it's easier to grab gear.
Even with Shav's you do't have Chayula for stun immunity or Prism Guardian for the extra auras to make taking Pain Attunement possible.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the help Im just asking if their is a way to improve the CI part of the build and push it far.
I just get 'Invalid sound filepath: RegularJewel.mp3' when trying to use the filter. Doesn't seem to be much info about this on the internet and can't seem to find that sound file from Neversink.
"
Jasper111 wrote:
I just get 'Invalid sound filepath: RegularJewel.mp3' when trying to use the filter. Doesn't seem to be much info about this on the internet and can't seem to find that sound file from Neversink.

Take a look at Chapter 2.6 "Shak's Loot Filter".
any recommended awakened gems for low life?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info