[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Scotteeh wrote:

I feel like I'm missing something with EE in this build. I have Stormbrand + Hextouch + Frostbite in my wand with trigger craft which is how I apply both frostbite and lightning EE. But I feel like because of the change to the trigger craft to 8s cooldown that while mapping, 75% of the time monsters have cold resistance from EE due to the intial hit of vortex/coldsnaps. Even during boss fights where the stormbrand sticks around on the boss for longer than a second or two like regular mobs I'm still constantly dropping new vortexes/cold snaps which then proc cold EE again

Edit: I don't have EE on my tree atm as I've been messing around with taking it off/on to see how it feels

You are playing a bit different than the guide has in its pob and most people do, I assume.

For me I have Orb of Storm in the Trigger wand to get the good EE and self-cast Storm Brand with the curses for bosses mostly. You can look at my profile, it works quite well for me.
Can maiby build greator incluide what is the bis items fgor the build in endgame? Chayulas best amulet to get? Best rings? To i understand correctoly with EE i can't have any cold damage to spells on my gear? i need fire or lightning so i get +25 resist to those and minus 25 for cold? TO ui understand it correctly?
Last edited by Maestery on Apr 27, 2021, 11:58:42 AM
Could anyone ELI5 me on the self casting of storm brand when we have the 8 sec trigger wand? I've been reading a lot of posts here and I guess I just still don't get it.

I feel like I'm slower at killing mobs/bosses than I was last league.

Here's an updated PoB of my skill tree/gear. I'm planning on staying CI most likely. Thank you!
"
CelciusX wrote:
"
Xierg wrote:
"
ChambsHue wrote:
Not trying to be rude, but most of the questions in this thread can be answered by using PoB.

I'm a noob, so really struggling. I can't work out which of these wands is best for an EE setup. I've tried in game, can't really seem to tell, just wasted some regrets. Any help would be appreciated please :)

Which of these is the best option as a Trigger Wand with EE?

Is running Orb of Storms/Storm Brand/Frost Bite the ideal gem setup?

Thank you!!

1st one will break your ee so skip that one.
others are ok just be sure that you dont have any other source for added cold dmg. check your gear.

Wrong! That's an attack mod not spell mod
"
cpennington wrote:
Could anyone ELI5 me on the self casting of storm brand when we have the 8 sec trigger wand? I've been reading a lot of posts here and I guess I just still don't get it.

Here's an updated PoB of my skill tree/gear. I'm planning on staying CI most likely. Thank you!

With the 8sec Trigger, you aren't able to constantly proc EE off Orb of Storms/Storm Brand with every cast. So this is used to help spread it around during clearing but realistically you won't need EE for clearing as running around with Vortex and Cold Snap will be enough for clearing. On bosses to consistently ensure EE is running, Storm Brand is casted with Hextouch to apply curses.

I'm finding the trigger cast less and less useful so I might just swap it out for something else.
"
"
cpennington wrote:

With the 8sec Trigger, you aren't able to constantly proc EE off Orb of Storms/Storm Brand with every cast. So this is used to help spread it around during clearing but realistically you won't need EE for clearing as running around with Vortex and Cold Snap will be enough for clearing. On bosses to consistently ensure EE is running, Storm Brand is casted with Hextouch to apply curses.

I'm finding the trigger cast less and less useful so I might just swap it out for something else.

Awesome. Thank you for that explanation. I'm aiming to get the better version of the trigger, because I think it would be useful for clearing since I'm lazy. But I think I understand much better now. Appreciate it.
"
Xierg wrote:
"
chaosssss wrote:
Loving the build, chose to leagues start with it in SSF and am having a blast. My char is kind-of big, scored a rimegaze, bated breath, sin-treks and am sitting on 10k ES. with a 6-link clear is insanely fast and it handles ultimatums AMAZINGLY, almost feels like I'm playing a cheat build... however... I do have one particular question regarding how to properly manage phys defense. even with 10k ES I did get one-shot by a baran slam (I purposefully tanked it to see if it kills me or not, and sure enough it did :D). With flasks up it's manageable, i hit 40% phys reduction thanks to them, but without... yikes.. was wondering if anyone found a way to increase phys mitigation through other ways than armor on gear

Your build/gear is amazing for SSF!! Congrats my man.

How did you craft all that gear??!! I'm a bit of a PoE noob, this is the first League my char hasn't been a gimp.

I've never crafted before, mind if i ask a few questions please?

Wand - Trigger a Socketed Spell when you use a Skill" - that's only available via Jun right? You just need RnG to unlock it?

The process of crafting - get a white item with the sockets you wand and for a wand, a decent +increased spell damage roll. Then what?

Do you use an alch on it and pray to the RnG gods? Then if it's good, apply the Jun enchant once unlocked?

To be honest im not that good at crafting either, I only have general knowledge of most crafting sources in game and combine them.
The thing is (in my opinion) you HAVE to combine every bit of potential deterministic crafting you can get to make it work.
While chaos spamming can wield some wild sh1t, it's a lot safer to go at it with fossils, essences, harvest and anything else that helps. Harvest (although nerfed to oblivion) gave me half the gear i have. Other half came from fossils and essences.
One good advice i can offer is the wand crafting. you should go for the +1 cold spells recipe (white wand + 40% worth of quality on gems which have the tag cold. if it's confusing look up a video, plenty of other people explain this better than i do).
if you get enough gems and with some decent rng you can make a bonkers wand considering you start from a +1 cold spells wand. If poor go the plain aug + regal and hope for best. worst case if you get shitty mods you can still craft a 17 cold dot multi or trigger (which yes, you can only get from jun unveils) which is above decent and will take you all the way through 16s.
If rich, you can go straight for the regal and try to fracture the +1 then you get some really insane base to work with. (which again, you can throw fossils/essences at it to improve or straight up chaos spam. whatever you can afford in a ssf scenario).

Hope this helps a bit, all the best my man!
I'm a bit in trouble with EE too (playing CI). Rather new player but I have some experience with EE from playing ranger.

That 8sec trigger wand does not seem to do it for me too. So I started use it just for bosses and for clearing I use shock nova (jump into pack, cast shock nova, cast vortex). Anything wrong with that? In the trigger wand, everything is linked and I cannot cast SB manually anymore but orb of storms i can. Is that due to the 3 link (SB should not be linked?).

Sorry for the silly questions but it would really help an old fart progressing. And if anyone had time to check my occultist and tell me where to improve first, that would be awesome too :)
Last edited by SchnouzPolä on Apr 27, 2021, 3:19:07 PM
"
SchnouzPolä wrote:
I'm a bit in trouble with EE too (playing CI). Rather new player but I have some experience with EE from playing ranger.

That 8sec trigger wand does not seem to do it for me too. So I started use it just for bosses and for clearing I use shock nova (jump into pack, cast shock nova, cast vortex). Anything wrong with that? In the trigger wand, everything is linked and I cannot cast SB manually anymore but orb of storms i can. Is that due to the 3 link (SB should not be linked?).

Sorry for the silly questions but it would really help an old fart progressing. And if anyone had time to check my occultist and tell me where to improve first, that would be awesome too :)

You just slot it so that the skills rotate and you have like.. maybe 80% uptime against mobs for triggers.

You connect with hextouch/storm brand/2 curses on bosses to proc EE first and then unload, unless your triggers are already off cd then it doesn't matter what the order is.
Last edited by warxtreme on Apr 27, 2021, 7:14:22 PM
Really loving this build! Swapped over from my league starter with some currency and am doing really well in t10 maps right now. I do keep dying to something though, I believe it's probably bleeding? I can't imagine what other DOT is killing me. I do have an immune to bleed on my flask, but sometimes that flask is down and still dying. Anything else this build can do to combat bleed? Or is there something else I'm possibly dying to? I'm already CI so it's not chaos.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info