[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

Thanks for the guide Shak, this has been great to play, I have got it to lvl 95 with very little investment and it has been great for farming some currency. I am now at the point that I would love to get more out of vortex.

Moving forward from the guide, I would like to ask if anyone has progressed into boss killing.

I would like to do so, but i feel that pushing would require a change in the skill tree and some more / different cluster added.

That being said, I havent got much knowledge in how I would do it efficiently, only from looking at other vortex builds on poe ninja, but I would prefer hearing from someone who started with Shaks build first.

Would love to know the transition to a more powerful version of the build, no matter the investment, if anyone could advice that would be greatly appriciated.
"
Archtua wrote:
Thanks for the guide Shak, this has been great to play, I have got it to lvl 95 with very little investment and it has been great for farming some currency. I am now at the point that I would love to get more out of vortex.

Moving forward from the guide, I would like to ask if anyone has progressed into boss killing.

I would like to do so, but i feel that pushing would require a change in the skill tree and some more / different cluster added.

That being said, I havent got much knowledge in how I would do it efficiently, only from looking at other vortex builds on poe ninja, but I would prefer hearing from someone who started with Shaks build first.

Would love to know the transition to a more powerful version of the build, no matter the investment, if anyone could advice that would be greatly appriciated.

I have league started using Shak's Leveling tree for last three leagues. On Day 2 I switch to LL using 5 link Shavs and usually hit Sirus 8 on Day 3. I have killed all bosses and can farm any content.

I will post POB for my current character that's still work in progress. 220Ex invested and all farmed from killing bosses.

https://pastebin.com/64mptXER

18Mil Shaper DPS
9.4k ES
4.5k Energy Recharge
1.7k ES Regen, with 5 stacks of Vile Bastion I get 3k ES regen
4% ES on Kill
52% Phys Reduction
45% Block
36% Dodge

I wouldn't copy my tree exactly but the cluster setup is what I would recommend. You need to switch to using 2 Self-Control notables in two medium clusters if using Blasphemy for Curse Auras.

I posted a 2min Sirus Kill on page 317 if you want to see it in action. I can kill Sirus every 45mins with Uncharted passives and using Lex Proxima Niko passives to get over 300% MS to speed farm Park for Boss Kills, Zana Missions and Harvest if it pops up.
Last edited by donbrawler on Feb 19, 2021, 8:11:03 PM
Just used this build to beat Sirus for the first time ever! I've bricked him more times than I care to say but today was my lucky day. It's nice to be able to focus on moving and learning the mechanics without having to stop and target an active skill!

I took some inspiration from donbrawler's build and made some modifications to mine which made a big difference in survivability and damage for me. I'm not 100% sure what to work on next so if anyone has suggestions I'd really appreciate any advice! POB is here: https://pastebin.com/0nYJ8fxL I know my clusters probably aren't optimal.
Last edited by feralferret on Feb 19, 2021, 8:44:56 PM
"
feralferret wrote:
Just used this build to beat Sirus for the first time ever! I've bricked him more times than I care to say but today was my lucky day. It's nice to be able to focus on moving and learning the mechanics without having to stop and target an active skill!

I took some inspiration from donbrawler's build and made some modifications to mine which made a big difference in survivability and damage for me. I'm not 100% sure what to work on next so if anyone has suggestions I'd really appreciate any advice! POB is here: https://pastebin.com/0nYJ8fxL I know my clusters probably aren't optimal.

I would work on two things.

1. Boost your DPS, Upgrade to level 21 Vortex and 21/23 Vaal Cold Snap Asap. Upgrade your wand next, get all awakened Gems level 1 with 20 Quality and get Gloves with 200ES and 16% Dot Multi.

2. Boost your ES, Add Cobalt Jewel with 8% increased ES to Medium Clusters or switch to 1 large and two medium with cobalt's. Your gloves and boots should be 200ES plus, use defense catalyst on your belt, craft better ring with double attributes using deafening essences and t1 flat ES to free up two strength nodes from tree.
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
feralferret wrote:

I would work on two things.

1. Boost your DPS, Upgrade to level 21 Vortex and 21/23 Vaal Cold Snap Asap. Upgrade your wand next, get all awakened Gems level 1 with 20 Quality and get Gloves with 200ES and 16% Dot Multi.

2. Boost your ES, Add Cobalt Jewel with 8% increased ES to Medium Clusters or switch to 1 large and two medium with cobalt's. Your gloves and boots should be 200ES plus, use defense catalyst on your belt, craft better ring with double attributes using deafening essences and t1 flat ES to free up two strength nodes from tree.

Thanks so much for this! Just the 21/20q Vortex / Cold Snap + Awakened Elemental Focus basically doubled my DPS. Wand is definitely on my list.
I'm currently using Blasphemy - Frostbite - Temporal Chains for LL, for better DPS I can switch Temporal to Ele weakness? my first time playing Occul.
Thank you for this great build. After playing summoners, juggs an ED I needed some change :D.

My changes to the build from the first post:
1) Creeping Frost in helmet -> helps with Heists when you want to play safe (at it works for me) + you don't need to worry about Frenzy Charges (especially important if you are on Mavens arena)
2) Cluster Jewels with %ES Recovery on kill (in general and if enemy is chilled)
3) Spell dodge enchantment on boots (up to 8%)
4) Boots with Matatl's incursion mod (up to 6% spell dodge, 30% movement speed)
5) Defence Quality on belt (bated breath) and Defence/Life on Chayula amulet
6) (Optional) Darking Movement small Cluster (5% Att/Spell Dodge, more movement speed) -> switched of it after getting boots + ench
7) Abbys Eye Jewel with dodge mod

More explenations:
3) Dodge Enchantment blocks only ele-pen and is easier to get. Also, you don't need to buy boots with it - with some dedication (or using Harvest Lab with 5 uses of font) you can get this upgrade yourself.
4) If you can't affort very high ES boots, check if there are some boots with this mod - you need 30% movement speed anyway and +% dodge mod doesn't rob you of prefix/suffix slot

As you can see, I got additional layer of defence. Depending on scenario I have 0% / 6% Dodge (attack/spell respectivly), or around 17%/31% conditionally (Quartz Flask + got hit recently + got hit by spell). Sometimes it is higher because of Elusive buff (but it's effect is unstable, so there is no sense considering it even as conditional). Dodge + Block protects me from hits that could delay my ES recharge.

I got to lvl 95 and don't need more exp, so I will drop some of mentioned above safeties for damage:
1) Cluster Jewels: change "blind on elemental skill" to Cold DoT Multi or DoT Multi -> I got better with dodging and got higher ES pool
2) Temporal Chains -> Elemental Weakness for more dmg; I want to end boss fights ASAP and I don't care about dying once or twice, also remember that after you hit that sweet dps spot you kill most enemies in a flash making slowing effect useless
3) Abbysal Eye (ES, dodge) -> Watcher's Eye (pure dmg)
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Archtua wrote:

I have league started using Shak's Leveling tree for last three leagues. On Day 2 I switch to LL using 5 link Shavs and usually hit Sirus 8 on Day 3. I have killed all bosses and can farm any content.

I will post POB for my current character that's still work in progress. 220Ex invested and all farmed from killing bosses.

https://pastebin.com/64mptXER

18Mil Shaper DPS
9.4k ES
4.5k Energy Recharge
1.7k ES Regen, with 5 stacks of Vile Bastion I get 3k ES regen
4% ES on Kill
52% Phys Reduction
45% Block
36% Dodge

I wouldn't copy my tree exactly but the cluster setup is what I would recommend. You need to switch to using 2 Self-Control notables in two medium clusters if using Blasphemy for Curse Auras.

I posted a 2min Sirus Kill on page 317 if you want to see it in action. I can kill Sirus every 45mins with Uncharted passives and using Lex Proxima Niko passives to get over 300% MS to speed farm Park for Boss Kills, Zana Missions and Harvest if it pops up.

Jealous of that ES level :D. Sitting around 7.3k still. Mostly fine doing things, but occasionally get bursted down. I've looked at fitting in more clusters, think i need to get awakened hex touch lvl 5 to make it work + a few more levels.
Pardon my noob, if we want to avoid # to # cold spell skill for EE
Can I just use have a wandd with # to # "other ele" spell skill, then I dont need trigger stormbrand, oos?

Should I squeeze in wave of conviction if available?
Thanks
Last edited by silverhand31 on Feb 20, 2021, 8:36:36 PM
Estimate of minimum currency needed to start this build with LL straight out? Im not using it as a starter so I have some currency but I'd rather not go CI and transition later if I can straight out start LL.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info