[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
silverhand31 wrote:
Pardon my noob, if we want to avoid # to # cold spell skill for EE
Can I just use have a wandd with # to # "other ele" spell skill, then I dont need trigger stormbrand, oos?

Should I squeeze in wave of conviction if available?
Thanks

Nope that won't work. You need Storm Brand and OOS to reset the cold damage hits Frost Bomb , Cold snap, and Vortex hits to keep EE up. Adding Lightning/Fire to spells on a wand won't affect any other spells except the trigger skills. So you would still need to keep Storm Brand and OOS in the trigger setup.

Wave of conviction is hard No for this build.
Last edited by donbrawler on Feb 20, 2021, 8:45:47 PM
What's the best way to try for a corrupted Shavs? I'm thinking of buying well rolled unlinked/unsocketed chests and throw them at altars until I hit something good, yeah? Then bench link/socket/color. Definitely too broke to afford a GG +2 Duration/+2 AoE.
Last edited by omglapizza on Feb 20, 2021, 9:20:13 PM
"
donbrawler wrote:
"
Archtua wrote:
Thanks for the guide Shak, this has been great to play, I have got it to lvl 95 with very little investment and it has been great for farming some currency. I am now at the point that I would love to get more out of vortex.

Moving forward from the guide, I would like to ask if anyone has progressed into boss killing.

I would like to do so, but i feel that pushing would require a change in the skill tree and some more / different cluster added.

That being said, I havent got much knowledge in how I would do it efficiently, only from looking at other vortex builds on poe ninja, but I would prefer hearing from someone who started with Shaks build first.

Would love to know the transition to a more powerful version of the build, no matter the investment, if anyone could advice that would be greatly appriciated.

I have league started using Shak's Leveling tree for last three leagues. On Day 2 I switch to LL using 5 link Shavs and usually hit Sirus 8 on Day 3. I have killed all bosses and can farm any content.

I will post POB for my current character that's still work in progress. 220Ex invested and all farmed from killing bosses.

https://pastebin.com/64mptXER

18Mil Shaper DPS
9.4k ES
4.5k Energy Recharge
1.7k ES Regen, with 5 stacks of Vile Bastion I get 3k ES regen
4% ES on Kill
52% Phys Reduction
45% Block
36% Dodge

I wouldn't copy my tree exactly but the cluster setup is what I would recommend. You need to switch to using 2 Self-Control notables in two medium clusters if using Blasphemy for Curse Auras.

I posted a 2min Sirus Kill on page 317 if you want to see it in action. I can kill Sirus every 45mins with Uncharted passives and using Lex Proxima Niko passives to get over 300% MS to speed farm Park for Boss Kills, Zana Missions and Harvest if it pops up.

Someone stops this man!

(Sirus visibly can't)
"
dieh wrote:
Estimate of minimum currency needed to start this build with LL straight out? Im not using it as a starter so I have some currency but I'd rather not go CI and transition later if I can straight out start LL.

Well considering a 6l shav is cheap now with like 12 ex you are fully geared. Including a decent wand.
"
omglapizza wrote:
What's the best way to try for a corrupted Shavs? I'm thinking of buying well rolled unlinked/unsocketed chests and throw them at altars until I hit something good, yeah? Then bench link/socket/color. Definitely too broke to afford a GG +2 Duration/+2 AoE.

You can do that although I imagine the odds of hitting the +2/+2 are quite low? You can buy a +2 Shavs for like 14ex now and that gives a pretty good boost as it is.
"
kingkano wrote:
"
omglapizza wrote:

You can do that although I imagine the odds of hitting the +2/+2 are quite low? You can buy a +2 Shavs for like 14ex now and that gives a pretty good boost as it is.

Yeah, that's definitely the plan for now, but I'm looking for an end of league project that I can throw the rest of my currency at once I'm done gearing out my other character.
Last edited by omglapizza on Feb 21, 2021, 9:14:09 AM
Hello, I've been playing this build for this league (first time playing POE) and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I'm in SSF (softcore) and have been able to run T16 without to much issues, although my DPS is not fantastic. I'm using the CI version for now (haven't been able to find a Shavronne's/Chayula amulet yet).

If possible, I would like to get some crafting advice, for an amulet. I've been able to get what seems to be a really good base (I think ?) with alteration spam :

However, it's my first time crafting and I've no clue what I should do after that. If any of you are experienced with crafting, I would greatly appreciate some advices !
"
Hello, I've been playing this build for this league (first time playing POE) and have been enjoying it quite a bit. I'm in SSF (softcore) and have been able to run T16 without to much issues, although my DPS is not fantastic. I'm using the CI version for now (haven't been able to find a Shavronne's/Chayula amulet yet).

If possible, I would like to get some crafting advice, for an amulet. I've been able to get what seems to be a really good base (I think ?) with alteration spam :

However, it's my first time crafting and I've no clue what I should do after that. If any of you are experienced with crafting, I would greatly appreciate some advices !

Ah that's nice! So the thing i would say is if you get an awakener's orb is to alt spam a redeemer amulet to get +1 cold (and no other redeemer mods), then use awakeners orb to combine them. However you would lose the cold multi in this case, as both items are destroyed, and a new rare is forged from the two influenced mods. Unless you get lucky and the new one happens to roll it.

Donbrawler did an excellent write up on crafting the dual influence amulet. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120/page/258#p23803726
"
agm_ultimatex wrote:
"

Unavailable

Ah that's nice! So the thing i would say is if you get an awakener's orb is to alt spam a redeemer amulet to get +1 cold (and no other redeemer mods), then use awakeners orb to combine them. However you would lose the cold multi in this case, as both items are destroyed, and a new rare is forged from the two influenced mods. Unless you get lucky and the new one happens to roll it.

Donbrawler did an excellent write up on crafting the dual influence amulet. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120/page/258#p23803726

Let me just add to this suggestion and mention that Cold DOT is also an influenced mod and if you awakened the amulet in it's current state with +1 Cold ammulet you would risk losing +1 Int. When you use an Awakener's Orb on two items it randomly chooses an influenced mod from each item and forges a new rare item. This is why you want to get the influenced mods alone so you can force them together. If decide to awaken try to remove the Cold DOT Multi first. Remove cold harvest craft can be used on magic items so I would recommend using that.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
just putting in a plug for the emulator function on craftofexile. I am also a crafting noob and being able to emulate the crafting process without spending resources is a great learning tool. You can recreate your amulet in the emulator and try different strategies on it depending on what you want to do with it. The emulator does support the awakened orb function so you can try what was suggested (you can make a redeemer amulet in the emulator and paste that in as the item that gets destroyed). At a very basic level, since you are in SSF and have limited resources, you may just want to see what else you can do with the amulet. Try regal it a few times to get a feel for what you are likely to get and whether you could use harvest crafting to remove whatever crappy mod regaling gets you and then augment other desirable mods on. Good luck

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info