[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

That's it, all end game content done in A9 (except delve bosses)
- Sirus
- Cortex
- Uber Atziri
- Uber Elder
- All breachstones
- All invitations
- Maven
- 100% delirium T16 maps fully juiced (4 sextants and 4 gilded scarabs)
- Simulacrum

I'm really not good for bosses usually but it is so easy with this build. Most of it are deathless (except uber atziri and maven's last memory game...).
As Shak said in the introduction, this build is really great to learn boss pattern. I really feel I've learnt quite a lot this league (mainly Sirus fight).

There is not much I can do with my gear now. It's either out of budget (250+ exalts) or very small upgrades.

- I'm in the process of crafting the top1 wand for this build. I hit T2 cold DoT multi after roughly 30 rem/add cold... I am not sure if I should stop or keep going for T1.
- +4 shavs is out of budget... maybe at the end of the league. But I've already more than enough DPS (about 10M)
- Some rem/add chaos to cap my Chaos resist (currently 69)
- Maven's orb to get some Elevated mods (probably what I will do next)
- Finish crafting my Abyss jewel to finally get some ES on it...
- Swap some of my clusters for Aura medium cluster jewel.
- Level up my awakened gems
- A better watcher's eye

If anyone looks for alternative to Blasphemy, I highly recommend curse on hit rings.. No mana reserved and 3 free sockets to put more Auras.
Go for double influence to get %ES as well.
Little crafting advice request:

If I change Light to Cold res, then augment Cold ihow likely am I to hit -9% cold res to enemies?
"
BundesHeinz wrote:
Little crafting advice request:

If I change Light to Cold res, then augment Cold ihow likely am I to hit -9% cold res to enemies?

20% chance (1/5)

I know it's hard to get rid of a T2 resist but I would remove it. Bench craft cold res, augment cold. If you don't hit, bench craft another resist, remove cold, bench craft cold res again, augment cold again... until you hit -9% cold res. Then re-add the resist you need.
Last edited by Arkannn on Feb 22, 2021, 7:09:51 AM
I'm honestly not entirely sure if that's worth it since the 5% reduced mana res isn't really required anyway.
Changed my skills and nodes to gain 8700k ES... Looked at donbrawler's tree... Lost almost 1mln dot dps... Still get a lot of 1/2 dead shots... placed some cluster jewels... spent all my currency for this... and still dying like a rat... Beyond bosses or simulacrum don't give me a time to understand smth or dodge... It's the most difficult build I've ever played in poe... I really can't manage to gain ES and DoT dps in the same time... I don't understand how you get 18mln dps... My gear seems to be not so bad.. I know mechanics... but dying and dying.. For the first time in many leagues, I don't feel any pleasure of playing.... so sad (
Last edited by old_nihilist on Feb 22, 2021, 8:11:59 AM
"
old_nihilist wrote:
Changed my skills and nodes to gain 8700k ES... Looked at donbrawler's tree... Lost almost 1mln dot dps... Still get a lot of 1/2 dead shots... placed some cluster jewels... spent all my currency for this... and still dying like a rat... Beyond bosses or simulacrum don't give me a time to understand smth or dodge... It's the most difficult build I've ever played in poe... I really can't manage to gain ES and DoT dps in the same time... I don't understand how you get 18mln dps... My gear seems to be not so bad.. I know mechanics... but dying and dying.. For the first time in many leagues, I don't feel any pleasure of playing.... so sad (

Honestly, I am not sure what to tell you. Your gear is already very good.
The only thing is that you have two curses skills but only one of these two is applied since you don't have anything that allows an additional curse. So, just put Storm Brand in your wand. Use blasphemy instead of Hextouch, keep frostbite and drop ele weakness.
And with the two sockets you saved, use CWDT (lvl 1) + Immortal Call (lvl 3)
Last edited by Arkannn on Feb 22, 2021, 9:11:24 AM
"
Arkannn wrote:
That's it, all end game content done in A9 (except delve bosses)
- Sirus
- Cortex
- Uber Atziri
- Uber Elder
- All breachstones
- All invitations
- Maven
- 100% delirium T16 maps fully juiced (4 sextants and 4 gilded scarabs)
- Simulacrum

I'm really not good for bosses usually but it is so easy with this build. Most of it are deathless (except uber atziri and maven's last memory game...).
As Shak said in the introduction, this build is really great to learn boss pattern. I really feel I've learnt quite a lot this league (mainly Sirus fight).

There is not much I can do with my gear now. It's either out of budget (250+ exalts) or very small upgrades.

- I'm in the process of crafting the top1 wand for this build. I hit T2 cold DoT multi after roughly 30 rem/add cold... I am not sure if I should stop or keep going for T1.
- +4 shavs is out of budget... maybe at the end of the league. But I've already more than enough DPS (about 10M)
- Some rem/add chaos to cap my Chaos resist (currently 69)
- Maven's orb to get some Elevated mods (probably what I will do next)
- Finish crafting my Abyss jewel to finally get some ES on it...
- Swap some of my clusters for Aura medium cluster jewel.
- Level up my awakened gems
- A better watcher's eye

If anyone looks for alternative to Blasphemy, I highly recommend curse on hit rings.. No mana reserved and 3 free sockets to put more Auras.
Go for double influence to get %ES as well.

I notice you have dropped Profane Bloom presumably to have both Vile bastion for stun immunity and Malediction (to support the second curse I assume). Did you miss it much while mapping? I'd like to go the same direction but my DPS is at much lower level and I worry that dropping Profane will really slow down my maps.
"
BigJules wrote:

I notice you have dropped Profane Bloom presumably to have both Vile bastion for stun immunity and Malediction (to support the second curse I assume). Did you miss it much while mapping? I'd like to go the same direction but my DPS is at much lower level and I worry that dropping Profane will really slow down my maps.

Yeah I actually did it quite some time ago now even before my DPS was that high. Honestly, the only thing I missed are the pop sound. But for mapping I don't really feel any difference. Even for 100% delirious maps I don't need it.

To compensate, I've invested some points in AoE and got the Vortex cooldown recovery enchant so my vortex covers more ground.
I'm running CI and I'm kind of stuck scaling my DoT DPS (616k). I have a few ex to buy new gear but no idea where I fall short. Could you look at my build and tell me the most glaring issue with gear or otherwise, please?

Pastebin: https://pastebin.com/XBqvvhiH
"
old_nihilist wrote:

Honestly, if you are getting one shot in simulacrum. Its pretty obvious that your level and gear is not good enough. You only have 2.8mil dps and 8.7K ES is good, but not sure why you are trying Simulacrum at level 93 with only 2.8mil dps and expecting to live?

Here is my suggestions since it Looks like this is your first character to even reach 93 in any league.

1. Don't just copy half of my tree and my skills setup expect the same results as me. You need at least level 98 for this tree to be super effective and since your new to vortex you should start out with Shaks version of LL to learn the build first.

2. Flasks: Make sure you are constantly using all your flasks. This is the biggest mistake new players make.

3. Don't rush to end game content at low character levels. You will just die constantly. Drop down to content you can handle and level up more.

4. Awaken Gems are very important and is the first thing I usually upgrade.

5. Amulet anoint: I have no idea why you anointed "Storm Weaver" change this to Tranquility Asap.

6. Drop all movement speed and learn not to die without it this will help you learn how to dodge.

7. You gear is just ok as you said. You still have a ton of possible upgrades that are needed to gain higher DPS.
Watchers Eye, Aspect of the Spider, Better Amulet, Better Gloves, Better Belt, Awakened gems, Corrupted Shavs, better rolls and catalysts on your rings. more dot multi in jewels, and higher levels.

8. Most important please read Shaks guide completely two or three times. Trust it will help you become a better Vortex player if you understand the build.

Last edited by donbrawler on Feb 22, 2021, 6:10:53 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info