[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

"
khoifx wrote:
Why do people prefer Death's Opus over Chin Sol?
I feel like Chin Sol is way better Single Target DPS and clearspeed is never an issue anyway.
Is my PoB wrong or am i missing sth about Death's Opus.

also im using Galvanizing arrow currently for ST (just because it feels easier to play with, i'm missing alot of shots with iceshot+barrage support setup )

Chin Sol gives no additional arrows. The entire idea behind this build is you get Death's Opus arrow bonus, Dying Sun Arrow bonus, drop the ascendancy for +arrow, and swap out your links. Basically negating the need for any GMP/LMP gems in your setup so your damage is spiked insanely high.

Also, I got death's opus last night and 6Led it. Huge damage spike from that alone. And i'm still using fairly mediocre gear. I'm considering getting a Queen chest just for the defense and tri-res, even tho i'm capped 2/3.

If you're struggling with this build, i highly suggest investing some chaos into rings/ammies, belts, jewels. Use a death's harp to level, get your frenzy quiver ASAP, even if its 3% chance.

All of these things will give you much better clearspeed :).

GL and HF.
guys what about oils? any recommendations?
"
qaizr wrote:
i'm having fun with this build but i'm really struggling with single target damage. would someone check out my build and give me some advice? i'm using 3 4-links - ice shot / barrage / shrapnel ballista. i'm considering getting a tabula but i don't know if it's worth losing the stats on my chest.

For single target I was testing out a 4L ice shot with barrage support, WED and added cold. It was alright.. I then remembered Frenzy since I know it has really high base damage.

We already get 7 Frenzy charges with Darkray Vectors and frenzy gets 5% atk spd and 5% dmg per frenzy charge(35% atk speed and 35% dmg for 7 charges!). Replacing ice shot with Frenzy in just a 4L it becomes a freaking laser beam with your charges up and onslaught from a flask. I got a 5L last night and I'm using Frenzy/WED/Added Cold/Barrage Support/Hypothermia.

I've seen my tooltip DPS at 27,000 and that's PER ARROW. I'm just using a rare bow with mediocre physical damage and a little extra cold and I'm smoking things in low maps. I don't know if it's optimal but for me the single target is way better than if I was using ice shot and barrage support. I'm also using herald of ice AND hatred.
"
hwan wrote:
guys what about oils? any recommendations?

I'm gonna give Disciple of the Slaughter a try since I'm using Frenzy as my single target damage skill. Would give my frenzy 10% damage per frenzy charge.

I think this guide or another ice shot guide I saw says to use Freedom of Movement or Fleetfoot. I've seen other people use Constitution for the extra hp.
I am totally lost with this build and need help. I can't seem to do any damage to anything. Basic monsters I can handle at T3 maps, bosses will take 5 minutes to kill and Metamorphs are not even possible. I have tried to improve my damage output with FrostBite, Frostbomb, 6L Barrage, Death's Oath but everything fails. I am thinking about re-specing to another archer build but would prefer to keep this if I get my damage up.

I know that my level is low and most of my gear are shit but I have had 10 times more damage with every other build that I have tried so far.

POB: https://pastebin.com/N7F0Qh6i

What am I missing? Please help!
"
Tissiposki wrote:
I am totally lost with this build and need help. I can't seem to do any damage to anything. Basic monsters I can handle at T3 maps, bosses will take 5 minutes to kill and Metamorphs are not even possible. I have tried to improve my damage output with FrostBite, Frostbomb, 6L Barrage, Death's Oath but everything fails. I am thinking about re-specing to another archer build but would prefer to keep this if I get my damage up.

I know that my level is low and most of my gear are shit but I have had 10 times more damage with every other build that I have tried so far.

POB: https://pastebin.com/N7F0Qh6i

What am I missing? Please help!

You are in maps at level 66?!? I didn't get there till about 72-73 I think.

You don't have any of the added frenzy charge nodes yet, with 6 frenzy charges you'll be doing much more damage.

In my opinion you don't need to have mirage archer for a 4L. I just use Volley/Iceshot/WED/Ice bite and 1 or two shots into packs and they all die.

Give Darkray Vector Boots a try when you get your frenzy nodes.

Maybe swap Ice Bite out for Cold Penetration in your Barrage setup since bosses got a resistance buff this league.

Get rid of the Omen on the Winds jewel, you don't want to have pierce on anything with this build, it screws up our chain we get from ascendancy.

This is big here---->You haven't yet taken the Forces of Nature node or Primeval Force. Getting to those nodes you will gain a TON of elemental damage and also elemental penetration for your cold damage.

Don't need mana flask since you have those 3 nodes already, you could drop those 3 nodes and just get the 1 life/mana leech below Vaal Pact. I don't have mana probs on my character and it will save you 2 passive points.

Grab an Atziri's Promise flask and a Diamond Flask for increased damage.

You're also missing the 3 nodes in the shadow area up to Assassination. Since you have Death's Opus any more Crit/Crit dmg will help a lot.

Also looks like you've only done your 1st labyrinth. Knock out the 2nd and 3rd and you will notice a big difference.

Hope this helps.

frost bomb with assassin/frostbite/curse on hit does jack shit for me unfortunatelly. not even a sliught change in DPS.
I think to give up and look for something different, this requires too much investment to actually even start to be anything good :( Unless i clearly dont understand something about this.
Last edited by Aurell on Dec 17, 2019, 11:20:39 AM
"
orionface wrote:

You are in maps at level 66?!? I didn't get there till about 72-73 I think.

You don't have any of the added frenzy charge nodes yet, with 6 frenzy charges you'll be doing much more damage.

In my opinion you don't need to have mirage archer for a 4L. I just use Volley/Iceshot/WED/Ice bite and 1 or two shots into packs and they all die.

Give Darkray Vector Boots a try when you get your frenzy nodes.

Maybe swap Ice Bite out for Cold Penetration in your Barrage setup since bosses got a resistance buff this league.

Get rid of the Omen on the Winds jewel, you don't want to have pierce on anything with this build, it screws up our chain we get from ascendancy.

This is big here---->You haven't yet taken the Forces of Nature node or Primeval Force. Getting to those nodes you will gain a TON of elemental damage and also elemental penetration for your cold damage.

Don't need mana flask since you have those 3 nodes already, you could drop those 3 nodes and just get the 1 life/mana leech below Vaal Pact. I don't have mana probs on my character and it will save you 2 passive points.

Grab an Atziri's Promise flask and a Diamond Flask for increased damage.

You're also missing the 3 nodes in the shadow area up to Assassination. Since you have Death's Opus any more Crit/Crit dmg will help a lot.

Also looks like you've only done your 1st labyrinth. Knock out the 2nd and 3rd and you will notice a big difference.

Hope this helps.

Thank you kind sir, I already made some of those adjustemnts and things already seem better. All your points makes total sense, it seems that I was not able to see the forest for the trees :D
"
Aurell wrote:
frost bomb with assassin/frostbite/curse on hit does jack shit for me unfortunatelly. not even a sliught change in DPS.
I think to give up and look for something different, this requires too much investment to actually even start to be anything good :( Unless i clearly dont understand something about this.

Your bow is really weak. You should really have a death's opus by now..but at least get a death's harp...or use a tempest and go wrath while stacking ele abyss jewels for the time being until you can afford a death's opus.

Not a fan of your jewelry. Your quiver is what your amulet should look like. Crit multi is priority on amulets. Then life then %ele dmg then flat dmg. Same with rings, obviously prioritze hp and fill our resists then try to get %ele dmg or flat.

Your AoE gem links are wrong. Should be Ice shot - EDwA - Added Cold - Hypothermia. Not really a fan of OP's gemlinks until late late game where you can actually utilize Damage on Full Life, but until then I don't think you can take advantage of that at your gear level. ANything but Ice Bite on a non-raider. You can link Ice Bite to herald of ice if you really want frenzies.

For ST, I'm pretty sure barrage support is fake hype. Stick to an actual barrage or scourge arrow setup. You're also using two curses linked to frostbite. THey're going to interchange with each other since you don't have +1 curse..I don't think.

But yea I don't mean to dishearten you, but it needs alot of work.

Also get a 6 link body armour..they're so cheap by now there's no reason not to wear one.
Last edited by illmtk on Dec 17, 2019, 12:05:09 PM
"
Aurell wrote:

Drop all of the passive nodes you have right now that lead up into jewels. Unless there's some build defining jewel you need (lioneye's fall but it's super expensive right now). That will free up 8 points for you right now. No need for omen on the winds jewel but you can use it until you get the chain ascendancy. I would just drop all your jewel slots at the moment and fill those in later towards the late 80s early 90s to top off your build.

Your bow has a lot of elemental damage on it which in itself isn't bad but since we are wanting to convert our physical to cold we want as much physical damage as possible first and then add other damage on top. You can get a good physical damage rare bow for 1 chaos easily. Damage range on mine is something like 80-242 or something close. Your top end is only 111 so your damage will increase dramatically. If you can, get a Death's Opus bow and use that but if you can't just stick with a high physical rare bow.

The curse on hit with frost bomb and frostbite is a good idea but you can't use 2 curses at the moment so the assassin's mark curse is pointless in that link.

I run herald of ice/curse on hit/assassin's mark/blind in my setup. Everything that explodes from the HoI blinds and curses so you'll get powercharges and more crits while blinding guys as well.

Try and get WED on your 2 rings and belt early on until you fill ring slot with the Taming unique ring.

I know this isn't in the build section but for single target you should really give Frenzy a try instead of barrage. Frenzy/barrage support/WED/added cold/hypothermia is what I'm using. It shreads and looks badass shooting freaking green lasers super fast.

Pick up Darkray Vector boots, get all your increased frenzy nodes. You'll be at 7 charges and frenzy gains 5% dmg and atk spd per charge.

Drop the 3 mana leech nodes you have and get the single life/mana leech below Vaal Pact. When you get your better physical damage bow you won't have mana problems, at least I don't on my character.

Go and do your 3rd ascendancy also, the chain makes a HUGE difference.

Get Atziri flask, drop your 2 mana flasks, get 1 diamond flask, and onslaught flask. Should only need your 1 healing flask.

Hope this helps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info