[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
Heffae wrote:
Why do you pop vaal ancestral totem and use regular totem instead of the 2 vaals?

Also, the Dismembering node has been changed on the tree, but it is not updated on the tree on the guide. Do we still take that or is the extra couple str nodes to get to it not worth it now?

Can you actually pop two vaal totems at once and they both do damage, am I actually that dense? If so, then yes, pop both. I will test and change on the guide.

Dismembering is still good. The PoB on the front page is current. Ah, I should change the Passive Tree section, I see what you mean now. Good call :)
Last edited by roguemjb on Sep 27, 2020, 5:30:50 PM
You cannot use 2 vaal AW. You have 2 charge of it, but you can only pop one at a time. I checked
Just curious as too why Ichimonji is best for this build? Why isn't something like these two below?

I get way more Deeps when I have these two equipped...

Spoiler

Last edited by KleptoManiaK on Sep 28, 2020, 4:39:32 PM
"
Thoromuerte wrote:
You cannot use 2 vaal AW. You have 2 charge of it, but you can only pop one at a time. I checked

Wtf you mean? Check again. I popped one on 2 different mobs far from each other to make sure. They both were jumping around to the different mobs. That means that 2 works... Or am I missing something here??? Now you got me trippin...
any chance we can use only flicker ? what would be 6L combo for flicker strike ?.
I cant get more than 1 frenzy charge what did i wrong ?. this is my gear.
Last edited by sn3kox on Sep 29, 2020, 8:50:04 AM
Hello I've always wanted to play flicker and finally got to this league. Thanks for your awesome guide. I had a couple questions if you didnt mind.

I have 4 weapons that all seem good and I didnt know which ones to use I'll link them at the bottom.

In general I feel like I might have hit a wall on easy to see upgrades any chance you could take a look at my gear and tell me what I should aim for next

Last is there another option for potion than the one with knockback it feels real bad bossing with it.

"
sn3kox wrote:
any chance we can use only flicker ? what would be 6L combo for flicker strike ?.
I cant get more than 1 frenzy charge what did i wrong ?. this is my gear.

This is not a flicker only meme build, you can't sustain charges on single target with this build. Read the guide, read the mechanics on flicker. Your minimum frenzy charge is useless, it is still spent by flicker. Clearing with flicker needs melee splash. Get rid of that junk foil and ele damage gem. Get physical damage on gear. Get an anoint. Get attack speed and damage on gloves. Lots to do, but read the guide thoroughly and watch the videos to see how it really performs.
"
Naphia wrote:
Hello I've always wanted to play flicker and finally got to this league. Thanks for your awesome guide. I had a couple questions if you didnt mind.

I have 4 weapons that all seem good and I didnt know which ones to use I'll link them at the bottom.

In general I feel like I might have hit a wall on easy to see upgrades any chance you could take a look at my gear and tell me what I should aim for next

Last is there another option for potion than the one with knockback it feels real bad bossing with it.

Use Storm Razor and Saviour. As for gear, you're doin okay it looks like but the left ring I see is just resists. Find a better one with some solid phys damage on it and accuracy. No accuracy on gloves either. Use Path of Building when you're shopping and get the community fork for the most updated and complete version.
OBS: First time playing at all the game, i know flicker build its not noob friendly for a new player at all but i really want to make this. So my tabula rasa and what is in it, i know probably its messed up that's whay im here, for ask help.

"
Next, let's backfill a few spots before jumping into the sword wheel. We need more life, strength to equip swords (strength also gives us life and damage), and some crit nodes. We grab Blood Siphon, Trickery, and Assassination above Shadow start area and fill into Herbalism. If you can get a Lakishu's Blade, you can equip it at level 28 and link it for a free 4 link, which is also the earliest you can get Multistrike, which you can't use on its own until lvl 38. At this point, you can try out Flicker Strike on a 4 link with Flicker Strike, Splash, and Ancestral Call. I continue to use Frost Blades though, as I prefer to save clearing with Flicker for around lvl 60, once it's really potent.

I'm actually using flicker with AC and Splash just for fun, its working a little and i'm cleanning the maps at a good speed in the lvl41 BUT for killing boss it not ideal, i know, because its not ready or that good enought. So continuing , in this part you say get a lakishu's blade, i got one and the other weapom? anything i can find that has good status for flicker build?

I have a tabula rasa, praxix , lakishu's blade. The rest its random yellow items that i use for now.

edit 16:09 got all the double strike support gems in the tabula rasa

"
44 points? I lost count
http://bit.ly/3aCt35D

Next we're heading into the Duelist area. Grab Thick Skin along the way. We're going to grab that life/mana leech node just under Vaal Pact, then regretting the 2 nodes from the earlier mana leech node, and the dex node leading to it.

51ish points:
http://bit.ly/2PQtvoK

First thing is in this part of the guide you give the 51ish points but you dont say what to take first, its to take deverish first and keep going to the art of the gladiotor then master of the arena or its to get golem's blood first? HELP PLIS ;=;

about this part , what should i do? stay with what i have until lvl 58? 60?

At lv41. Should i trade this weapom for another because i can get multistrike now? if yes what weapom should i look for? or stay with the lakishu's until lvl58 to get Ichimonji?
Last edited by Luizuk on Sep 30, 2020, 3:09:42 PM
Spoiler
"
Luizuk wrote:
OBS: First time playing at all the game, i know flicker build its not noob friendly for a new player at all but i really want to make this. So my tabula rasa and what is in it, i know probably its messed up that's whay im here, for ask help.

"
Next, let's backfill a few spots before jumping into the sword wheel. We need more life, strength to equip swords (strength also gives us life and damage), and some crit nodes. We grab Blood Siphon, Trickery, and Assassination above Shadow start area and fill into Herbalism. If you can get a Lakishu's Blade, you can equip it at level 28 and link it for a free 4 link, which is also the earliest you can get Multistrike, which you can't use on its own until lvl 38. At this point, you can try out Flicker Strike on a 4 link with Flicker Strike, Splash, and Ancestral Call. I continue to use Frost Blades though, as I prefer to save clearing with Flicker for around lvl 60, once it's really potent.

I'm actually using flicker with AC and Splash just for fun, its working a little and i'm cleanning the maps at a good speed in the lvl41 BUT for killing boss it not ideal, i know, because its not ready or that good enought. So continuing , in this part you say get a lakishu's blade, i got one and the other weapom? anything i can find that has good status for flicker build?

I have a tabula rasa, praxix , lakishu's blade. The rest its random yellow items that i use for now.

edit 16:09 got all the double strike support gems in the tabula rasa

"
44 points? I lost count
http://bit.ly/3aCt35D

Next we're heading into the Duelist area. Grab Thick Skin along the way. We're going to grab that life/mana leech node just under Vaal Pact, then regretting the 2 nodes from the earlier mana leech node, and the dex node leading to it.

51ish points:
http://bit.ly/2PQtvoK

First thing is in this part of the guide you give the 51ish points but you dont say what to take first, its to take deverish first and keep going to the art of the gladiotor then master of the arena or its to get golem's blood first? HELP PLIS ;=;

about this part , what should i do? stay with what i have until lvl 58? 60?

At lv41. Should i trade this weapom for another because i can get multistrike now? if yes what weapom should i look for? or stay with the lakishu's until lvl58 to get Ichimonji?

It all looks fine so far. Lakishu's Blade is only worth using until you get multistrike gem, then you can 4 link Flicker in your boots, gloves, or helm. Also of course, replace it with a better physical damage sword.

As far as what points to get first, I suggest the crit nodes first basically, but since Tribal Fury was added to the tree, I just beeline for that, picking up life and damage nodes along the way if I am struggling. Remember that upgrading gear is more important than grabbing dps nodes. You won't need Praxis once you do decent damage, which should be pretty soon, and I see you took the mana leech node. Get rid of the 4 points in Brutal Blade, we only take the bottom half of the sword wheel now.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info