[3.12] Double Strike / Flicker Assassin ~ League starter and ender! U-Elder and U-Atziri deathless!

"
RedLith wrote:
Hello, I'm thinking of trying flicker as a 2nd fun build, and I was thinking is there any point maybe turn it to a cold damage type flicker?
like the one suggested here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJAFFkjlLHA&t
POB here: https://pastebin.com/tjFTvhf5
but this is outdated, from 3.10, maybe someone can help updating it to 3.12? seems like fun alternative..

Or would you suggest to stick to the non-cold version as shared here?

thanks in advance.

Hell yeah, I love FastAF. It was his vid that made me try Frost Blades like 3 years ago or something. That flicker build is a meme though and Terminus Est still sucks. It's hilarious to just flicker things to death though
I see and what do you think if in a way combine your build with his to cold variation without terminus est? Freezing mobs that aren't dead from one click seems fun, along with the chilling/freezing effect spreading around..
I've played oro's sacrifice flicker was quite fun that is why I'm thinking of alternative flicker versions..
"
RedLith wrote:
I see and what do you think if in a way combine your build with his to cold variation without terminus est? Freezing mobs that aren't dead from one click seems fun, along with the chilling/freezing effect spreading around..
I've played oro's sacrifice flicker was quite fun that is why I'm thinking of alternative flicker versions..

Oro flicker is fun too, but you're still bottlenecked by the lousy weapon. The only advantage to Oro or Terminus is being able to maintain flicker on a single target, but double strike is bonkers damage and lets you dodge mechanics 100 times easier.

As far as freezing packs though, you could try using Herald of Ice instead of Purity, and/or grab the cold conversion nodes in the ranger area. I also suggest those nodes if you're using Frost Blades instead of Flicker for clearing. He was also using pandemonius, a super good but pricey amulet for cold damage.
So far (82lvl) so good in Heist. What do you think about alternate gems? Will they fit in the build?
Hello, when will the skill tree be updated?
It changed a little bit, i don't know if it change anything. (Dismembering a bit further away for exemple)

Great build still, fun to play.
Flicker is so fun to play but I'm having some problems, I run out of mana sometimes, get stuck without frenzy to continue my flicker, some mobs just doesn't die when I use flicker (packs too).
what should I upgrade next?
nvm
Last edited by althetic on Sep 25, 2020, 4:19:02 PM
Hello, thanks for build. I have one guestion. We have ruthless in double strike and hatred. Don't they conflict? Maybe better use Pride instead of Hatred?
Sorry for bad english.
"
Shroods wrote:
Hello, thanks for build. I have one guestion. We have ruthless in double strike and hatred. Don't they conflict? Maybe better use Pride instead of Hatred?
Sorry for bad english.

They don't conflict even a little bit. This isn't a bleed build.

"
Wıght wrote:
Hello, when will the skill tree be updated?
It changed a little bit, i don't know if it change anything. (Dismembering a bit further away for exemple)

Great build still, fun to play.

Check out the POB on the front page, that's my character from last league. Nothing changed this league.
Last edited by roguemjb on Sep 25, 2020, 10:45:56 PM
"
Thoromuerte wrote:
So far (82lvl) so good in Heist. What do you think about alternate gems? Will they fit in the build?

Nothing amazing that I've seen yet. Double Strike and Flicker definitely needs to stay as they are, the rest can be experimented with.

"
AceN1 wrote:
Flicker is so fun to play but I'm having some problems, I run out of mana sometimes, get stuck without frenzy to continue my flicker, some mobs just doesn't die when I use flicker (packs too).
what should I upgrade next?

Replace your sword, it's doing less than Ichimonji. The increased damage while dual wielding might be helping it though. More importantly, get Tribal Fury on the tree or on your amulet asap so you can replace Ancestral Call with Melee Phys Damage.
Last edited by roguemjb on Sep 25, 2020, 10:48:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info