3.14 KING OF ALL SUMMONERS. Zombies & Skeletons & Spectres on STEROIDS! | League-Start to End-Game

Hi guys ! I'm a bit at a loss with the build.

DPS wise it's very cool, and I see where I could improve things (better empower, level 21 zombies...), but honestly I can't play it anymore at the moment without feeling quickly disgusted. 6k life (which is not much but is not small either) and I keep getting one shot. Again. And again. And again. And again. My zombies or animate guardian survive me of course, but what's the point if I can't open a delirium mist without dying ?

It's my fist time playing a summoner, I thought I'd be sage behind them, but they won't go much near ennemies if I don't. And if I do...

Plus I don't see much way to make currency now (I'm not very good at that part of the game sadly). I was over hyped when the build started to work, but now...

Any body seen a glaring weakness in my build (apart from the santuary, but getting enough strength AND resists on the rest of gear is hard) ?

"

Posted by
Pingouinmalin

Hi guys ! I'm a bit at a loss with the build.

DPS wise it's very cool, and I see where I could improve things (better empower, level 21 zombies...), but honestly I can't play it anymore at the moment without feeling quickly disgusted. 6k life (which is not much but is not small either) and I keep getting one shot. Again. And again. And again. And again. My zombies or animate guardian survive me of course, but what's the point if I can't open a delirium mist without dying ?

It's my fist time playing a summoner, I thought I'd be sage behind them, but they won't go much near ennemies if I don't. And if I do...

Plus I don't see much way to make currency now (I'm not very good at that part of the game sadly). I was over hyped when the build started to work, but now...
Any body seen a glaring weakness in my build (apart from the santuary, but getting enough strength AND resists on the rest of gear is hard) ?

The issue here is your survivability: you have str, you have life, you'll do damages and have zombies, but on hit you have nothing and Pride doesn't help you.
You went for a full offensive version of the build, glass-canon and your boots are not the most helpful item here to say the least ^^

Change your boots for a rare with res and str and try to lay your hands on a shaper's touch and geofri if you want survivability...
You also don't have minion damage on weapon, you can either:
- get avian on another item and switch to 2 wands for +1 all minion gem and minion damages (lot)
- get a better 2h weapon with minion damages

And change your belt for a raw str (life and res are ideal after str, try a heavy belt base or a Leather one but we want heavy)

In addition, you could change your auras from your chest (you can either remove pride and get a watcher for chaos res on purity of elements and clarity or discipline, or keep pride if you want damages but, yeah, you'll die.
I find pride better suited with 2 1h weapons
And dread banner, discipline, purity more suited to 2h playstyle with geofri's sanctuary

Oh and get a rumi, granite flask, basalt flask, quicksilver flask
Then a life flask to complete, it's nice, Blood of the karui is great but it's up to you

Lastly, jewels are a cheap way to get missing res / life / strength / dexterity or whatever
Last edited by Sthrombulo on May 16, 2020, 12:51:17 PM
Thanks for the answer !

The boots and gloves, I'm trying to get rid of, but the problem is the strength. I need some and if I get rid of both... I'm trying something with the Split Personality jewel (if I can get the right cluster jewel with double jewel slots, it will bring me 142 strength plus some life).

Why do you say pride is useless ? It is in the basic version of the build.

The weapon is not good ? Aaw man, it's my most expansive item by far. And impossible to upgrade (when I say I'm poor, I'm not joking, 1 ex (or 1.5) must be the grand total of my currency + zero interesting thing to sell beyond what I have in the build. It would not be a priority to upgrade : the DPS is not really a problem + I NEED the strength (especially if I get rid of boots and gloves) !

Is it just my feeling or is EVERYTHING so expansive ? I played other leagues with no such problems.
Pride is not useless, it's useless given the issues you are facing, don't get me wrong ^^

The thing is, str stacking build are expensive, because they are still quite popular...
hello again ,

just wanted to know if hulking corpses+feasting fiends medium cluster jewels are better than hulking corpses+renewal. or hulking corpses and other notable?

thank you
Hey guys just a headsup...Fortress covenant jewel does not work in the cluster jewel sockets..although paste bin calculates it..theres a tooltip when you socket it that says

"Jewel Radius will not function in a socket added by a cluster jewel"

Can someone clarify this?
"
Bokuden wrote:
Hey guys just a headsup...Fortress covenant jewel does not work in the cluster jewel sockets..although paste bin calculates it..theres a tooltip when you socket it that says

"Jewel Radius will not function in a socket added by a cluster jewel"

Can someone clarify this?

Afaik that just means the negative effects of the covenant jewels, as in, passives in radius are transformed to decrease minion dmg or whatever, don't function.
In other words, if you socket a covenant Jewel in a cluster spot, you get all the bonuses of the Jewel without any of the negatives.
"
dragon15423 wrote:
hello again ,

just wanted to know if hulking corpses+feasting fiends medium cluster jewels are better than hulking corpses+renewal. or hulking corpses and other notable?

thank you

I would recommend having Renewal on every single Medium Cluster you use, and 1 Feasting Fiends somewhere.
For example if you had 4 Medium Cluster slots, I'd use 1 with Renewal + Feasting Fiends. Then have Renewal + Hulking Corpses/Bodyguards/Whatever on the other 3.
"
Pingouinmalin wrote:
Thanks for the answer !

The boots and gloves, I'm trying to get rid of, but the problem is the strength. I need some and if I get rid of both... I'm trying something with the Split Personality jewel (if I can get the right cluster jewel with double jewel slots, it will bring me 142 strength plus some life).

Why do you say pride is useless ? It is in the basic version of the build.

The weapon is not good ? Aaw man, it's my most expansive item by far. And impossible to upgrade (when I say I'm poor, I'm not joking, 1 ex (or 1.5) must be the grand total of my currency + zero interesting thing to sell beyond what I have in the build. It would not be a priority to upgrade : the DPS is not really a problem + I NEED the strength (especially if I get rid of boots and gloves) !

Is it just my feeling or is EVERYTHING so expansive ? I played other leagues with no such problems.

Your weapon is perfectly fine. It has Fortify and Fortify > Minion Damage. Really the only thing missing on it is Minion Atk/Cast Spd but that's not a huge deal. Also I wouldn't use Avian without a Saqawal's Chest, not worth the Mana res.
The first thing that stands out to me is your Flasks and your 2 unspent Ascendancy points. What I would do is: Pick up Bone Barrier ascendancy, replace both Life flasks with a Blood of the Karui (you don't need Bleed immunity anymore with Bone Armour), drop the Mana Flask and one of your quicksilver flasks (I would drop the adrenaline one until you get a warding on one of your new flasks in the other slots so you don't lose curse immunity, then replace your quicksilver warding Flask with the adrenaline Flask once you do). Then pick up a Basalt Flask of Heat or Warding, a Bismuth Flask of Heat or Warding, and a Rumi's Concoction.

Then swap your chest with a Geofri's Sanctuary, grab some Alberons boots with 18% Str (they cost like 2c), a better rare belt, a ring with Str, and so on.

Oh and it's up to personal preference, but I much prefer Frostblink over Flame Dash. Give it a try. Feels smoother than Flame Dash when combined with Cyclone & Convocation IMO.
Last edited by Fudsduds on May 16, 2020, 9:26:25 PM
Newbie question
Is there any difference using a bow rather than maul damage wise? Also does it matter if the bow have high item level or low? In terms of dcapping dex?

I am going to buy a weapon with

+1 level to socketed gems.
Grants avian
Minions deal x damage
Can have up to 3 cradted
+2 level of socketed support
Minions have increased attack speed
Minions have increased cast speed

Last edited by nexoe14 on May 16, 2020, 8:06:34 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type