[3.25] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | MELEE BUFFED]

"
m2abrams15 wrote:

YAY. was curious to try sunder, but its nice to have this as an alternative. Withthe shift away from Stun, what is the reason for Mace over Axe?

either works, maces are generally much cheaper in the meta[/quote]

So neither has a real dps advantage over the other?[/quote]

axes generally do more damage, and GGG has specifically stated they are buffing 2h bases with axes getting the most increase

in theory axes will have best dps, but until we see numbers and how the new crafting works it will be hard to say
I guess you can't use shockwave with axes. Didn't think about that
"
m2abrams15 wrote:
I guess you can't use shockwave with axes. Didn't think about that

this is true, and shockwave itself is getting buffed by adding charges to it

fist of war works with both axes and maces
Last edited by frawrst on Jun 17, 2020, 6:31:17 PM
Why do you go with only 1 warcry and Call to arm?
You invest so much passive in warcries nodes, why not drop call to arm and go with 2-3 warcries?
-Sakken
"
sakken wrote:
You invest so much passive in warcries nodes, why not drop call to arm and go with 2-3 warcries?

Hey friend

This is currently a work in progress. I see a few options

Multiple warcries, do exerts stack? In that case we will probably want to get warcry animation speed very low. Intimidating cry double damage easily seems best, with seismic good for clear/stunning

How does that feel to play? After using instant war crys for 5 patches in a row it will be different to have animations again

If using multiple war cries is over kill, call to arms and cooldown recovery becomes key. Will we need to stack the diff effects?

I will be experimenting. Will also need to see how warbringer more damage feels. Are we able to keep exerted attacks up alot? Or are they bursts only and only needed for bosses?

Lots and lots to test and ‘feel’
"
frawrst wrote:
"
sakken wrote:

Hey friend

Multiple warcries, do exerts stack? In that case we will probably want to get warcry animation speed very low. Intimidating cry double damage easily seems best, with seismic good for clear/stunning

How does that feel to play? After using instant war crys for 5 patches in a row it will be different to have animations again

If using multiple war cries is over kill, call to arms and cooldown recovery becomes key. Will we need to stack the diff effects?

I will be experimenting. Will also need to see how warbringer more damage feels. Are we able to keep exerted attacks up alot? Or are they bursts only and only needed for bosses?

i would say, even if you ONLY use intimidating which does look so so sweet, it would be worth running 2 just for enduring cry. That skill seems BUSTED. they basically took the old warbringer passive and shoved it into a gem. add in the fact that we are already stackinmg endurance charges, that skill adds a ton of survivability.
holy cow

fist of war is 148% dmg and +59% aoe... on a 1.8second cool down!!!

pob puts my serker at 3.14 attacks per second, which may be overkill for fist. we may opt for more QoL jewels (maybe flat damage or stun duration) instead of attack speed

intimidating cry is a no brainer, double damage but only for 2x more attacks. may be good for sudden burst dmg vs bosses but not needed for most mapping

SEISMIC CRY IS INSANE HOLY SHIT. easily our go to, 30% more damage, ramping up to 60 90 120... INCLUDING AOE?!

new ground slam gem makes it a bit harder to league start with (no more flat phys) but tbh the added damage effectiveness helps. this is where flat phys on abyss jewels may be key!

shockwave support also looks very juicy, i think i may link it to leap slam for easy clear white mobs

boys we slammin'!!!!!!

Def interested in trying this for sure. Can't wait for the update!
"
m2abrams15 wrote:
"
frawrst wrote:
"
sakken wrote:

Hey friend

i would say, even if you ONLY use intimidating which does look so so sweet, it would be worth running 2 just for enduring cry. That skill seems BUSTED. they basically took the old warbringer passive and shoved it into a gem. add in the fact that we are already stackinmg endurance charges, that skill adds a ton of survivability.

great points! enduring + seismic looks to be my go to for now, with intimdating being added for big dps bursts

with intimidating giving us double dmg for big fist of war procs.... good lord

add in ruthless proc?!?!

too nasty
are you worried about leap slam eating exerted attacks?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info