[3.25] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | MELEE BUFFED]

"
pinap wrote:
Without the stun locking capabilities, do you think Lvl 8 Sirius deathless would be still manageable?

deathless sirus is alot more about knowing the fight mechanics and dodging his die beams

stunlocking was really only for the very high luxury upgrades version

with new changes to dmg we should still stun fairly often, just not a stunlock
"
Tiffiklotz wrote:
Do you have an idea how often we actually stun enemies with hits? Skull Cracking adds Culling Strike to Hits that Stun. Due to the new stun Immunity I'm not sure...

I was thinkig about playing this build as a Scoin this league combining Berserker and either Slayer for Culling Strike/Overkill Leech/AoE or Champion for Fortify/Taunt/Intimidate/Impale. I'd lose the tripled effect of Rage. What do you think?

i have a feeling we will stun every 4 seconds with enough investment in our dps, thus allowing the stunning cull

scion is definitely viable. triple rage is powerful but not 100% necessary, and the defensive boosts from champ/slayer are good

going impale also seems very strong this league
"
frawrst wrote:
"
m2abrams15 wrote:
are you worried about leap slam eating exerted attacks?

not really, if we need the dps from exerted attacks it will be vs bosses. we use leap slam to dodge uber elder/shaper/sirus etc, but for dps

Lol. So they stealth added a new keystone called Combat Control to prevent leap slam eating exerts.

https://i.imgur.com/RUjwXTV.png

That said, if we are dropping Attack speed, i wonder if dash and second wind might feel better then leap slam. And you could put it in a 4-l, with two other warcrys since second wind now supports warcries.
Last edited by m2abrams15 on Jun 18, 2020, 9:28:36 AM
"
m2abrams15 wrote:
"
frawrst wrote:
"
m2abrams15 wrote:
are you worried about leap slam eating exerted attacks?

not really, if we need the dps from exerted attacks it will be vs bosses. we use leap slam to dodge uber elder/shaper/sirus etc, but for dps

Lol. So they stealth added a new keystone called Combat Control to prevent leap slam eating exerts.

https://i.imgur.com/RUjwXTV.png

That said, if we are dropping Attack speed, i wonder if dash and second wind might feel better then leap slam. And you could put it in a 4-l, with two other warcrys since second wind now supports warcries.

thats pretty neat!

not sure how much of the tree we will invest in war cry cooldowns vs speed

the exert +1 seems like a no brainer, and that one point to avoid leap slam issues may be helpful too
If you were planning on removing a lot of the stun nodes, do you think it would make sense to switch to axes and put those extra points into Impale nodes? I haven't played much melee so maybe I'm mistaken how impale works, but I was thinking with Fist of War and exerted attacks you could apply 2 or 3 huge impales and then your next 4 or 5 non-exerted attacks would deal that huge impale damage.
Last edited by BootstrapB on Jun 18, 2020, 12:40:43 PM
"
BootstrapB wrote:
If you were planning on removing a lot of the stun nodes, do you think it would make sense to switch to axes and put those extra points into Impale nodes? I haven't played much melee so maybe I'm mistaken how impale works, but I was thinking with Fist of War and exerted attacks you could apply 2 or 3 huge impales and then your next 4 or 5 non-exerted attacks would deal that huge impale damage.

Impale is calculated before any damage mitigation, but they added a lot of nodes for the impale in this patch and even without a gem worth taking it for additional damage. If OP does not have a problem with this, I will put here a link to PoB which I plan to play one againe. Is also Ground Slam, you will be able to switch between other slams at any time without other changes, but it seems that the ground should be the strongest, 50% more damage on close target does an amazing job. I played Ground Slam Slayer in 3.9 and cleared all content with it, it was a version for crit and Tidebreaker now because of crit multi nerf, Stun lock eliminating it will be Slayer on RT with one Warcry on instant cast (too many passives would have been invested in investing in two and hey, instant cast). Stun will enter anyway and stunlock will not be possible, it will be Axe now, more damage, they have much better set nodes in the tree on the path I'm going, and Impale stuff.

https://pastebin.com/PcNkm1YL

And why did I choose Slayer? Tanky thanks to overleech. Have Stun, Bleed and Reflect immunity, zerk has always been a glass canon for me, without Stun I can't imagine playing with Aspect of Carnage, they removed an incredibly cool thing, that is, healing yourself with Warcry, and punching Rage at slow attack speed is not very effective, is in my opinion dedicated to fast attack speed.
Last edited by loczek123 on Jun 18, 2020, 1:17:38 PM
As a completely new player to the game would I be able to follow this guide completely and do alright? Thanks for any responses.
"
loczek123 wrote:
"
BootstrapB wrote:

Impale is calculated before any damage mitigation, but they added a lot of nodes for the impale in this patch and even without a gem worth taking it for additional damage. If OP does not have a problem with this, I will put here a link to PoB which I plan to play one againe. Is also Ground Slam, you will be able to switch between other slams at any time without other changes, but it seems that the ground should be the strongest, 50% more damage on close target does an amazing job. I played Ground Slam Slayer in 3.9 and cleared all content with it, it was a version for crit and Tidebreaker now because of crit multi nerf, Stun lock eliminating it will be Slayer on RT with one Warcry on instant cast (too many passives would have been invested in investing in two and hey, instant cast). Stun will enter anyway and stunlock will not be possible, it will be Axe now, more damage, they have much better set nodes in the tree on the path I'm going, and Impale stuff.

https://pastebin.com/PcNkm1YL

And why did I choose Slayer? Tanky thanks to overleech. Have Stun, Bleed and Reflect immunity, zerk has always been a glass canon for me, without Stun I can't imagine playing with Aspect of Carnage, they removed an incredibly cool thing, that is, healing yourself with Warcry, and punching Rage at slow attack speed is not very effective, is in my opinion dedicated to fast attack speed.

This looks pretty interesting, thanks for the PoB!
"
Bredant wrote:
As a completely new player to the game would I be able to follow this guide completely and do alright? Thanks for any responses.

It would probably work but they have made a lot of changes recently to two hand weapons, warcries, and slams so no one really knows how well they will work. I have a feeling this build will be really good, but if you are completely new it might be best to stick to something that is more guaranteed to be good.
"
BootstrapB wrote:
"
Bredant wrote:

It would probably work but they have made a lot of changes recently to two hand weapons, warcries, and slams so no one really knows how well they will work. I have a feeling this build will be really good, but if you are completely new it might be best to stick to something that is more guaranteed to be good.

Thank you for this. Do you have any recommendations that is along this playstyle? I really like the brutality of it. Thanks again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info