[3.25] The Warbringer Slaming Serker [League Starter | Cheap | Smash the Atlas | MELEE BUFFED]

"
squid4016 wrote:

Edit:
---------
Well I looked it up on trade and found a iLvl 88 Eternal Burgonet for with Berserk has 40% reduced Rage loss per second for only 25c. What a bargain. Gonna farm up some more currency and farm up some currency for basic fossil crafting.

nice! this is an amazing steal for its price and well worth it. warcry rotations plus berserk uptime is insane power
I still am at odds with them completely removing the damage on seismic cry..

Feels like this has come close to killing the warcry/big slam archetype?

What are everyone's thoughts? 🤔
My POB shows around 250k dps, but when i'm using Earthshatter it feels like i do much more damage even if earthshatter dps is about 200k
"
zhulik2 wrote:
My POB shows around 250k dps, but when i'm using Earthshatter it feels like i do much more damage even if earthshatter dps is about 200k

the earthshatter explosions can overlap so its very good dps
As I said in my previous post I also feel like the nerfs are rough. I'm on the brink of rerolling into raider at this point. Not worrying about ailments might make the league enjoyable again.

I've got up to T12 maps. The damage I do is OK and there'd be room for improvement for sure. But I feel like I wont reach a point to be tanky enough. Random white rhoas charge me and I'm getting rekt hard. It could probably be fixed with serious investment but even then I don't think it will shine. It's a shame because I kinda dig the playstyle of this char.

EDIT: Added a showcase of a T9 Map at the end of the post.

My experience so far:
1) In the current patch this build is definitely not beginner friendly. It's really easy to die and monsters feel super dangerous. You need to get up close and with the ailment changes that will be a death sentence in many cases.

2) My gear isn't really optimized due to lack of currency. I have a 6l Tidebreaker and dropped Warchief Totem for a Kaoms Heart which brings me to ~5400hp. I'm res capped and brought chaos to +6%. I still die a lot due to instakills. It's pretty wild seeing your 5.4k hp drop 100%->0% within a second. Even if I invested a lot more now I can't see myself anywhere near juiced T16s.

3) The damage is OK. Even on the T12 maps I can one shot most magic & even some rare mobs. Stunning enemies is awesome. Bosses can be a bit tougher but you can stun them too. But you gotta buff up. It can be tough if you couldn't buff up properly before the fight. But it felt a lot better when I added #4

4) The Medium Cluster Jewel (20% exerted Attack dmg) with the "Cry Wolf" and "Lead by Example" passive is actually awesome. Cry Wolf makes your warcries have at least 10 power (=20 rage). It helps a ton because you can use your first 2 warcries -> 40 rage, 3rd warcry -> spend rage, get buff and engange boss. The Lead by Example gives Onslaught for 4 sec when you warcry. You can have the buff pretty much all the time.

5) The Large Cluster Jewel (Mace and Scepter Attacks) with Overlord is a game changer and should be picked up asap. It frees up another gem slot and it does make a huge difference. I crafted one myself but spent around 2 ex on it. But it was worth it -->

Spoiler

6) Conc Effect Support felt horrible with Ground Slam due to reduced AoE. I went back to Impale Support. I feel like for maxing the dmg and smoothness playstyle it's the way to build around. I got it 2.2m DPS in PoB. You could even take it further when you aim for the Impale Watchers Eye. But as I said I'm not worried about dmg tbh.

7) The 40% redeuced Rage loss helmet enchantment is SICK. Get it for sure. Once I had the helmet done Rage finally became useful because managing the uptime was a lot easier. With Cry Wolf from the Medium Cluster it became even better.

8) The Thread of Hope (with Very Large Radius) could be nice on the left/bottom jewel socket near the Marauder start. We could pick up Deep Breaths for smoother warcries and Inexorable for more armour and a bunch of Life regen with our endurance charges.
Talking about here:
Spoiler

Video of a T9 Atoll - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QF7EOpUOGvI

Guess that's it so far. If I find anything else I'll report back.
Last edited by squid4016 on Jul 31, 2021, 1:21:38 PM
I'm not playing this league, but I would suggest getting a CWDT with immortal call/enfeeble/blood rage. You also need second wind on the exert war cries.

Immortal call alone should massively impact your survivability.

Conc effect is for bossing.

Also, why are you taking versatility? Just for the stats? Getting the last +1 endurance charge node would help.
Last edited by thefloydian on Jul 31, 2021, 3:09:23 PM
- Yea I will get a CWDT setup when I have enough currency to fix my gear and am able to drop Kaoms Heart. And I'll add the Second Wind to the warcries when I move to other gloves (using abyss gloves) and have that 4th gem socket for it.

Second Wind got a pretty big change with 3.15 too in case you didn't see:
Second Wind:
Now has a 200% Cost and Reservation Multiplier (previously 125%).
Supported Skills now have 24% reduced Cooldown Recovery Rate at gem level 1 (previously 5% increased), up to 5% reduced at gem level 20 (previously 24% increased).

- Impale is also great for bossing but you gotta grab passives for it I'll give you that. It will probably scale better too.

- I took versatility because I'm missing the stats yea. I just dropped the first exalt of the league so I can start fixing my absolute shit amulet& rings and probably pick up an elder chest with nice HP+chaos res.

- I thought about picking up the endurance charge but it's a couple points to grab it and I'll maybe do it later. But looking at my PoB it's gonna be rough if I want to go Impale and get Forceful Skewering and Swift Skewering.
Last edited by squid4016 on Jul 31, 2021, 3:34:20 PM
Everything got nerfed a lot, it seems. I still think you have to have second wind because of the exert uptime it provides with warcries.

If you switch kaom's for a 5-link chest you can link all your warcries to second wind and blood magic if mana is a problem.

I mentioned conc effect because you said the AOE sucked. I've never had a problem with it because I switched to it from increased AOE while bossing. Never tried impale.
Last edited by thefloydian on Jul 31, 2021, 3:50:59 PM
Yea the changes are pretty brutal lol.. I don't know what they thought. The flask changes are the worst part because ailments are a real problem. It's insane how annoying they & curses are to deal with now that you can't keep flask immunities up all the time.

Mana cost is OK now but was really fucked before they reverted some of the changes/buffed it. Ground Slam cost was 48 and is 26 after the mid-league buff. It was barely sustainable with 48 and I mostly ran without Pride because it was just often on the edge to getting me killed.

About the chest - yea, I'll get an Elder chest with 100+ life, %inc life or life regen (don't care tbh) and chaos res. Gonna 6 socket it and move the auras (Blood and Sand, Pride, Herald of Purity, Enlighten) from the boots. In the boots I'll get CWDT immortal call (+ maybe inc duration).

I'll add second wind to the warcries when I can switch gloves. The second wind is not that big of a deal now. Even at lv 20 it has reduced recovery (which is fcking stupid if u ask me). I'm ok with how I can use the warcries as is BUT I agree Second Wind will make it smoother to play.
Last edited by squid4016 on Jul 31, 2021, 3:54:48 PM
Hey, just noticed you're not using Vaal Ground Slam. Just switching that in will drastically increase your power level.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info