[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
Shuggananas wrote:
Welp, here are the T0 mods we may want.

Gloves :
30% spell damage/DOT damage > 38%. Not really worth it.
Culling strike > Culling Strike + (15–25)% increased Area of Effect if you've dealt a Culling Strike Recently. Useless.
16% chaos dot > 24% chaos dot. Nice upgrade.
(7–10)% chance to Unnerve Enemies for 4 seconds on Hit > Unnerve enemies for 4 seconds on hit (!!) : that's a big upgrade potentially, and you can easily get it since you can just harvest craft chaos dot on gloves

Helmet :
-5% reservation > -7% reservation. Nice, maybe not worth it.
-9% to nearby enemies > -12% to nearby enemies. Nice, probably not hard to hit, but probably not a priority

Boots :
10% to dodge attacks > 10% to dodge + 2% max dodge (!). Good for minmax.
10% to dodge spells : same
10% to get onslaught on kill > 10% chance to gain Onslaught for 4 seconds on Kill + (3–10)% increased Attack, Cast and Movement Speed while you have Onslaught > that's cool I guess

Overall not a lot of stuff for us but still a few things that can feel nice

New ritual item bases we don't care about

Unnerve doesn't increase damage enemies take fromED, as ED does NOT deal spell damage. It is a spell that places a chaos dot on the ennemy on hit, and the chaos dot has damage increased by your spell damage. Different things. PoB was wrongly saying it worked for a very long time, I believe this is fixed now.

-12% on helmet is pretty pog, and shouldn't be very hard to get at all.

All things considered, nothing that great. Maxdodge on boots seems nearly impossible to obtain with a matatl's mod, so I don't really know about that...

That said, harvest looks mostly unchanged, very surprisingly. I'm sure there will be heavy serverside weighting, because if it's just harvest league but with 60% less seeds, that's still ridiculously strong.
Hey I really appreciate your guide and work on this. I'm a new player and this is only my second league. I played Enki's arc witch last time, which I enjoyed but I want to try out a Essence Drain Contagion trickster this time as going super fast is my favorite way to play. That said I'm having trouble deciding which version of this build to play.

I was thinking about this build or Zizran's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iQM12qHc40) but I'm not smart enough or know enough to figure out what the differences are and what the pros/cons are of each.

Any guidance you guys could offer would be appreciated!
Last edited by Doctor_D00M on Jan 15, 2021, 6:59:07 AM
"
Doctor_D00M wrote:
Hey I really appreciate your guide and work on this. I'm a new player and this is only my second league. I played Enki's arc witch last time, which I enjoyed but I want to try out a Essence Drain Contagion trickster this time as going super fast is my favorite way to play. That said I'm having trouble deciding which version of this build to play.

I was thinking about this build or Zizran's (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iQM12qHc40) but I'm not smart enough or know enough to figure out what the differences are and what the pros/cons are of each.

Any guidance you guys could offer would be appreciated!

I think this C/C from the video guide answers well.
TL/DR: Ziz guide explains more the early endgame, this guide is more of a minmaxing step by step tutorial. Both setups are capable of clearing endgame bosses. CI setups pop off earlier defensively, dodge based needs more time to become as good, but end up better. Dodge based wields a bow and deals much more damage.

Marc Adams - 1 month ago

any1 can explain me why this build feels so much safer/tankier than the zizaran ed contagion build?

Darkxellmc - 1 month ago (edited)

Defensively, it is not really. Glancing blows block offers pretty much the same level of defences as evasion, and you have slightly more ehp as a CI character.
Most importantly, CI hits defensive powerspikes very early. This makes it a great choice for racing, especially in hardcore.

The difference between this build and Typical CI ed tricksters like Zizaran's isn't really how strong they are, it's what they aim at achieving. This guide explains the path to minmaxing a character in trade league. It explains every gear piece and how to get the most out of it to create a very strong allrounded endgame character. A CI trickster aims at being defensive on a budget while boasting acceptable damage to kill things and not risk loosing too much, especially in hardcore. Zizaran's guide in particular won't really get you to true endgame. It's not because the setup is bad or ed is unable to scale, but because the guide is made to explain earlier gear setups to pop off early and strong. Zizaran is a racer in hardcore, and his guide reflects that. I'm a softcore trade dude who minmaxes stuff, and my guide reflects that.

I'd say dodge based tricksters outscale CI, even defensively, because once you have 95%+ damage avoidance, wind dancer becomes absurdly strong. But reaching that high avoidance is tough, and definitely not something that you will have early. For defensive early mapping, a CI setup is a MUCH better choice.
Lastly, using a bow more than doubles your dps. Kill faster, get more regen, less time for stuff to hit you. This is also an important defensive layer.
I just wanted to say how thoroughly excellent this guide is.

I'm a reasonably new player and I used this guide for my first 'real' character. I'm now looking for something else for Ritual league and I have to say it's a struggle to find anything with this level of, well, guidance.

However what I've picked up through reading this and other responses has probably given me enough experience to work with a simpler guide for another build.

I initially played PoE about 5 years ago and easily got to a point where I didn't know how to proceed, everything felt a bit much, so I quit. Having guides like this doesn't just give new players build guidance but it helps them develop an understanding of the game and essentially unlocks one of the richest games available atm.

"
Shuggananas wrote:
Welp, here are the T0 mods we may want.
Can you link where's this stuff at? I wanna look myself.
https://poedb.tw/us/Mavens_Orb#InfluenceModUpgrades
could u please post a new pob for these 3 versions ? shows me that it's for an old tree possibly 3.12
yeah i get that im not the same player as you are....im a hardcore player forever...
and lately went to ssf, this build is kinda hard to achieve that...especially getting an empower and a weapon is tough....

But this build is insane from early end game to the very end game....the dmg will lack first off sure...but thats what i like...i like having a tank char who can farm but is crap on bosses at first and thats where u can work at....

All in all I love this build andwill play it forever lol.....last race leagues i went spellslinger first...not sure if illl do that now as ill go hardcore again
Hey guys, I've been following this guide religiously and I've spent around 15ex on this build, but I only have an 8k DoT dps...

I wonder what is wrong with my build? I would love some guidance (my profile is public to see)
"
Shuggananas wrote:
https://poedb.tw/us/Mavens_Orb#InfluenceModUpgrades
tyty :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info