[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Hey, I'm new to the game (well, haven't played alot except for my char now).

I'm a bit lost can I ask question here? It seems the right place if it's not I'm sorry.

I'm lvl 83 and the guide is telling me to get res capped, how do I do that? I've been playings maps but getting no lucks in items. I don't have alot of chaos orbs(already bought some items that aren't too bad I think).

What do I do next is bugging me, can anyone show me the way? I'm down to talk on discord if this isn't the right place.
Thanks alot in advance

Edit: i don't know how to show/link characters :'(
Last edited by Lambé on Nov 4, 2020, 9:58:22 AM
"
Lambé wrote:

I'm a bit lost can I ask question here? It seems the right place if it's not I'm sorry.

I'm lvl 83 and the guide is telling me to get res capped, how do I do that? I've been playings maps but getting no lucks in items. I don't have alot of chaos orbs(already bought some items that aren't too bad I think).

What do I do next is bugging me, can anyone show me the way? I'm down to talk on discord if this isn't the right place.
Thanks alot in advance

Not exactly sure how to activate/deactivate your profile so that it shows your character to others but for the res issues it's fairly simple once you wrap your head around how resistance works in this game.

After the acts you get a penalty of -% to all resistances, I believe it's -60% so to cap your resistances to 75% you need to get cold, fire and lightning resistance on your gear (amulet, rings, boots, gloves) for example, until you get to 75% in those 3. Don't worry too much about chaos resistance in the beginning

Tendinitis but worth it.
Why is getting attack dodge more valuable than spell dodge? Attacks can also be evaded by evasion, while spell dodge can only be evaded by spell dodge?

I saw someone running mark of the shaper plus shaper ring equipped. Since I don't know hot to pob, is it worth it?
Last edited by Falletio on Nov 4, 2020, 6:20:33 PM
"
raxitron wrote:
Those are really nice gloves! Congrats on a great craft.

I just want to say though that I don't agree with your assessment of Culling Strike (not that you should switch back, your new glove is awesome). The last phase in any fight is always the phase you want to end fastest. Culling Strike, mathematically speaking, has the highest possible value in a DOT build compared to any other. Imagine the opposite case where you are slamming for huge damage. Many of your kills are overkill and mobs rarely get to 10% hp. With DOT all enemies reaches 10% before it dies because the damage is steady, no burst.

Secondly, if you aren't building for final bosses, what are you gaining damage for? 100% Delirium T16+ yellows/bosses will also go down 10% earlier. The only exception here is Elder I think?

From the guide:
Note that culling strike only kills when the ED projectile impacts a target. The dot itself doesn't proc it.

So your scenario of culling strike triggering there doesn't work.
"
SAMII_S wrote:
"
Lambé wrote:

Thanks alot in advance

Not exactly sure how to activate/deactivate your profile so that it shows your character to others but for the res issues it's fairly simple once you wrap your head around how resistance works in this game.

After the acts you get a penalty of -% to all resistances, I believe it's -60% so to cap your resistances to 75% you need to get cold, fire and lightning resistance on your gear (amulet, rings, boots, gloves) for example, until you get to 75% in those 3. Don't worry too much about chaos resistance in the beginning

Just did the 75%res except chaos !

Now what do I do next :) I have a 4link cane, don't see a 6link on poetrade, what are other places to look for an item?

I have arround 25 chaos, wondering if I should buy Kintsugi next

(coudlnt find any way to show char)
"
raxitron wrote:
Those are really nice gloves! Congrats on a great craft.

I just want to say though that I don't agree with your assessment of Culling Strike (not that you should switch back, your new glove is awesome). The last phase in any fight is always the phase you want to end fastest. Culling Strike, mathematically speaking, has the highest possible value in a DOT build compared to any other. Imagine the opposite case where you are slamming for huge damage. Many of your kills are overkill and mobs rarely get to 10% hp. With DOT all enemies reaches 10% before it dies because the damage is steady, no burst.

Secondly, if you aren't building for final bosses, what are you gaining damage for? 100% Delirium T16+ yellows/bosses will also go down 10% earlier. The only exception here is Elder I think?

The problem with the cull is that it is not applied "automatically". You still have to hit the target (again) once it reaches < 10% life. The only skill we use that can "hit" is essence drain (or whatever you have on your glove as enchant I guess). Contagion & blight do not hit.

So if you time it perfectly and hit the enemy exactly at 10% life left you're right - very big damage boost! In reality either the enemy as low life and dies too quickly. Or it is actually tanky (like Sirus) - you see the enemy is approaching 10%, and you start spamming ED to time it reasonably well (but at least in my experience it doesn't work as well and causes you to stand still and increases the chance to get hit).

If cull would apply automatically (as soon as enemies reach 10% they would die), that would be dreamy and a huge DPS buff!
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Last edited by qwertz on Nov 5, 2020, 5:02:51 AM
"
Falletio wrote:
Why is getting attack dodge more valuable than spell dodge? Attacks can also be evaded by evasion, while spell dodge can only be evaded by spell dodge?

I saw someone running mark of the shaper plus shaper ring equipped. Since I don't know hot to pob, is it worth it?

You probably mean mark of the shaper + an elder ring.
This give pretty good damage and is worth doing at the start if you can get your hands on a decent elder ring. It is vastly outshined both in damage and tankyness by rare rings tho, as they provide endurance charges and arcane surge, with more resistances. But they may be more expensive.

Attack dodge is more valuable than spells because most dangerous things are attacks.
Bosses wise, this is starting to be somewhat untrue as sirus has only spells, but the only boss this build cannot kill reliably is aul, and he only uses attacks anyways.

The real danger in poe is in random mapmods and bullshit that happens when stacking rare auras. In maps, the overwhelming majority of mobs use attacks, not spells. For example, the only spell heavy influence is crusader. Elder, shaper, warlord, hunter and redeemer are all attack based (shaper has a few spells, but they hit like wet noodles so I don't care much).
Also, all monster attacks in poe are pure phys with conversion, which can scale uncontrollably with modifiers. Spells on the other hand are a mixed bag of hard scaling physical conversions and pure elemental, which also makes them less dangerous.
"
Darkxellmc wrote:
"
Falletio wrote:

You probably mean mark of the shaper + an elder ring.
This give pretty good damage and is worth doing at the start if you can get your hands on a decent elder ring. It is vastly outshined both in damage and tankyness by rare rings tho, as they provide endurance charges and arcane surge, with more resistances. But they may be more expensive.

Attack dodge is more valuable than spells because most dangerous things are attacks.
Bosses wise, this is starting to be somewhat untrue as sirus has only spells, but the only boss this build cannot kill reliably is aul, and he only uses attacks anyways.

The real danger in poe is in random mapmods and bullshit that happens when stacking rare auras. In maps, the overwhelming majority of mobs use attacks, not spells. For example, the only spell heavy influence is crusader. Elder, shaper, warlord, hunter and redeemer are all attack based (shaper has a few spells, but they hit like wet noodles so I don't care much).
Also, all monster attacks in poe are pure phys with conversion, which can scale uncontrollably with modifiers. Spells on the other hand are a mixed bag of hard scaling physical conversions and pure elemental, which also makes them less dangerous.

Ah, okay nice it know. I just saw the ring having up to 10% life and shield and 96% damage and thought that'd be really strong.
https://www.bilder-upload.eu/bild-d5bdb3-1604584873.jpeg.html

These Gloves are availible on PS4. Looking insane, are they worth it?

(Sorry, only war für me to link it right now)
Last edited by Pragor82 on Nov 5, 2020, 9:51:41 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info