[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

Thanks for the great guide. I have a question: what do you think about the 6l blight-cast on channel-soulrend-control destr-efficacy-infus? Can this increase the damage of a solo target?
"
TipYourFedora wrote:
Does Essence Drain benefit from projectile speed? I know it doesn't increase damage or anything, but if there's an open mod we can use for an item, would using projectile speed be worth it? Perhaps to reach targets faster?

I'm currently using this bow and wanted to know if the proj speed mod is worthless or not

Without harvest crafting it is very hard to control the 6th mod on this bow. Projectile speed may not be as useful as some resistance or an influence mod like onslaught or culling, but at least it has some utility over most of the other useless mods that can be rolled.

"
chaozrec wrote:
Thanks for the great guide. I have a question: what do you think about the 6l blight-cast on channel-soulrend-control destr-efficacy-infus? Can this increase the damage of a solo target?

Probably not. I've asked darkxellmc some time back about this setup and this is what he had to say:

"This blight setup isn't very good imo.
Blight has by FAR the best singletarget of all chaos dots, with 5140 dps at 20stacks (gem level 20). Soulrend's 1994 dps is 40% of blight's, and ED is 1500 dps.
If you use CwC, you're missing out on 2 support gems, to bring the base combined damage of your setup from 5140dps to 7134, which is 38% more damage. Sure, you gain "some" es leech and some weird range, but this just isn't worth doing."
Last edited by woefulwabbit on Oct 2, 2020, 3:47:21 AM
"
MadS4ge wrote:
UNKILLABLE... SURE i got 4600 hp, full evasion and 1700 shield and i got oneshot a lot.. so please change title, this is no tank, this build is squishy as shit, yeah nice clear but kinda weak in defense is like 3/10 u need like 200 ex maybe be 10% more tanky coz i got like 50 ex invested and seems good but no way like the title says... dont play this in hardcore

Totally agree, this build dies a lot and can't facetank anything at all.
"
MadS4ge wrote:
UNKILLABLE... SURE i got 4600 hp, full evasion and 1700 shield and i got oneshot a lot.. so please change title, this is no tank, this build is squishy as shit, yeah nice clear but kinda weak in defense is like 3/10 u need like 200 ex maybe be 10% more tanky coz i got like 50 ex invested and seems good but no way like the title says... dont play this in hardcore

50 ex invested and 4600 hp lol
I have no idea how you can say, that this build is not tanky.

I have around 5k HP and 2k ES with immense amounts of dodge/evasion. I can do Simulacrum including all 20 waves+ bosses, 8mod delirium maps with full scarabs and I very rarely die. The aoe clear is pure insanity and single target is acceptable. If you know sirus mechanics you can easily do A8 deathless.

I followed the guide very closely and I am close to min-maxed at this point. Thanks to OP again, this build is a great league starter and carries you through all the content.

PS: You can definitely facetank bosses to a certain degree, I do this with all conquerors+ elder/shaper guardians, but only if I have jade+witchbrew flask up for insane evasion boost
Last edited by Batschie on Oct 2, 2020, 5:52:22 AM
Can we change the Vertex helmet for the Geofri's Crest? Or doesn't have the same effect? and can we put malevolence, discipline and F&S on the helmet with lvl 3 enlighten support?
I don't know why a lot of people seem to be unhappy with this build.

I took it as a league starter and I'm managing pretty well. I'm still fairly new so I stick as close to this guide as possible. I'm having a hard time memorizing boss fights and I have issues with my movement - meaning, I stay in shit when I actually should move.

I still don't have any issues with the content so far. I did my fist Sirus on A4 without any deaths although standing in the beam several times (thanks dodge chance, I love you). I got some smaller issues with big HP bosses but that is thanks to the lack of single target.

So far I can do all the content I run into with minimal gear. I spent probably 10 Ex in total on my gear and most of it is for the weapon and the chest piece.

In conclusion - Thanks a lot for this guide. As a still fairly new player who rarely manages to even get more than half the atlas done, I finally found a build that I feel comfortable with and that has a lot of nice sections and explanations - especially in the crafting area (I didn't played much in Harvest so I'm still a big crafter noob).
Quick question:

I managed to get the "Gain Endurance/Frenzy/Power charge on kill" mod on my amulet with +1 chaos gems and chaos dot multi and thought about different ring options since I dont really need minimum endurance charges.

I started essence crafting rings with "increased Chaos damage" on shaper bases to also hit "increased spell damage" mod along with life and resistances.

Does anyone have experience with this? In theory this should give a lot of increased damage for my build.

The build is super 'tanky' but its mostly about not taking the damage in the first place. You have to manage your flasks properly, and when you do take the hit you should have enough to mitigate the 1 shot with wind dancer and mind over matter.

I mean im legit running with 4.4k hp and i rarely die unless i stand in something stupid, or flamedash into a pack of spitting titty mobs..just did A8 sirus deathless as well as all the conquerer's...i mean ye i dont stand in beams or other abilities that i know will potentialy kill me so in that regard 'unkillable' may be a bit of of an exaggeration.
Last edited by Plockz on Oct 2, 2020, 9:17:51 AM
thanks for the guide!

my gear is super bad, just look at my boots, rings and gloves (only spent on bow, chest and helmet, the remaining items are selffound or under 5 chaos. even my jewels are on the lowest end)

in adition to that, my gems are not even max yet!

despite all of that, i just killed sirius with only 1 death, which could have been avoided, if i would not have forgotten to equip a corrupted blood jewel.

the way up to sirius was easy as well, i did all conquerors up to sirius with a 6 link cane! i don't know what people complaining about not being tanky are doing wrong to be honest?

i am lacking quite some damage to do the next awakening level of sirius, but as you can see, i will be able to upgrade a lot of items easily!

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info