[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

I'm trying to set up my auras but have a couple that say "Not Enough Mana". I don't see any where in the build guide that is +mana and I've been leaning more towards +life on my gear.

I'm thinking I need to up my reserved mana. How do I go about doing this? I'm currently lvl 83 in yellow maps.
"
FaroBoon wrote:
I'm trying to set up my auras but have a couple that say "Not Enough Mana". I don't see any where in the build guide that is +mana and I've been leaning more towards +life on my gear.

I'm thinking I need to up my reserved mana. How do I go about doing this? I'm currently lvl 83 in yellow maps.

IIRC you're not supposed to use Purity except when you have trouble
"
FaroBoon wrote:

Your missing Enlighten level 3 and the vertex helm, I only just got mine and started to run Discipline at level 90
"
Maldice wrote:

IIRC you're not supposed to use Purity except when you have trouble

Ah! This is the first build I've used Purity and thought it was awesome I didnt have to worry about resists! Lol, I'll upgrade my gear and drop Purity.
"
maximus2k wrote:
"
FaroBoon wrote:

Your missing Enlighten level 3 and the vertex helm, I only just got mine and started to run Discipline at level 90

Thanks for the info. I'm way far away from Enlighten lvl 3 so I have grinding to do!
Hi, I'm new-ish player and I'm not familiar with how all the keystones in this build work. I'm still leveling and the level 32-60 section of the guide shows picking up Eldritch Battery. Elsewhere, the Q&A part of the guide says not to grab Mind over Matter until getting 2000 energy shield. So it sounds like the player is not expected to obtain them close together.

But I was initially under the impression that the two of them are supposed to work together. MoM makes you take damage from your mana, so it makes sense to have EB move the energy shield there in order to protect your mana for the times you can't dodge (as running with Malevolence and Discipline doesn't leave me with much mana to spare!).

So if I take Eldritch Battery now and MoM "whenever" doesn't that mean all hits will now go directly to my life when I get hit by enemies instead of my energy shield taking it? I'm not a terribly skilled player, which is why I wanted to try a tanky build, and so far I've been enjoying my survival, but moving my energy shield seems like it would be taking away my ability to run out of everything a couple seconds too late.

I was thinking of waiting on Eldritch Battery until I could safely grab it and MoM at the same time, but wanted to check if I was misunderstanding something.
Can someone explain why we are taking Intensify on Contagion? Don't we wan't as much aoe as possible, since the main damage is ED?
"
partyonacid wrote:
2.) Why is The Vertex getting more and more expensive in HEIST league? How should I afford this?
It's been like that at least for the last 3 leagues... just don't rush vertex or hyrri early if you can't afford it. You can use a cheapo rare just skip an aura if you don't have enough mana reserve reductions.

"
RuneLai wrote:
I was thinking of waiting on Eldritch Battery until I could safely grab it and MoM at the same time, but wanted to check if I was misunderstanding something.
I see two things that could decide whether you should pick EB early or not:
1. do you have to use mana flask without it? then EB would let you replace a flask slot with something better
2. can you reserve an extra aura if you pick EB? that would be another benefit if you have to skip an aura to have enough mana to cast stuff

"
Gottschkopf wrote:
Can someone explain why we are taking Intensify on Contagion? Don't we wan't as much aoe as possible, since the main damage is ED?
Yeah, intensity gives you increased aoe when you're moving and decresed aoe / increased damage if you stand still and spam the spell... which you don't do with contagion anyway. So it's basically a second inc aoe that stacks with the first one.

Last edited by Viktranka on Sep 22, 2020, 2:01:22 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
I see two things that could decide whether you should pick EB early or not:
1. do you have to use mana flask without it? then EB would let you replace a flask slot with something better
2. can you reserve an extra aura if you pick EB? that would be another benefit if you have to skip an aura to have enough mana to cast stuff

1. Nope!

2. Not really. I'm currently res capped for Act 1 with both Malevolence and Discipline running, so I probably won't need Purity of Elements until late Act 2 if I'm not res capped again by then.

I guess I'll put it off for now. Thanks!
It's impossible to find a Stygian Vise with Aspect of Spider and #% reduced Flask Charges used. Anybody else having issues?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info