[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
sasori1337 wrote:
"
Would be nice to see modified leveling section to use spell slinger ED Con / Bane since its a much smoother leveling experience.

I found leveling with spellslinger ED Con much better after my test today its really smooth compared to casting both skills and can easily take you to maps before changing into the standard setup.

^this

would lift the guide to another lvl and is 100% worth it... saved me like 3h in my last test run... reduced the time of a10 kitava kill from 8hours to 5hours and im not a racer at all lol...

its realy not a big deal to create ruff lvling guide for this, since its super easy even if u not optimize every step.

like,

lvl 1-28: look for two G-G-G (preferably not bow or chest but either will do)

collect, ident and sell all rare drops u aint using to collect alterations... u will need them to buy all the gems when u do the switch.

skills used (till lvl28):

caustic arrow + pierce + mirage archer G-G-G

toxic rain + void manipulation + onslaught or faster attacks G-G-G

single target pre merveil -> punkture + lesser poisen G-G

skitter bots

smoke mine/flamedash/frostblink... pick something or what fits ur links

---

switch to spell slinger at lvl28 (ruffly in act3 before or after piety kill):

drop the bow and use 2 wands
good mods: +1 chaos gems/spell dmg/dot multi

soulrend + controlled destruction (replaced later by efficacy) + spell slinger (later add gmp when u have a 4link) B-B-B-(G)

essence drain + controlled destruction + spell slinger (later add efficacy when u have a 4link) B-B-B-B

contagion + spell slinger B-B

frenzy + faster attack G-G

bane + dispair (add controlled destruction if u have a spare 3link) B-B

wither + spell totem support + multi totem support R-R-B

---

done... hf up to high yellow maps or even higher with some investment (but recommend switch to the original build at that point)

hey im trying to follow your spellslinger set up suggestions. what spell am i using to proc everything? spellslinger says projectile, but i have spellslinger on the essence drain, contagion, and soulrend. bane is with despair and controlled destruction, and i removed blight. just lost on what i need to do to proc all the spells.
"
mrjadillac wrote:

hey im trying to follow your spellslinger set up suggestions. what spell am i using to proc everything? spellslinger says projectile, but i have spellslinger on the essence drain, contagion, and soulrend. bane is with despair and controlled destruction, and i removed blight. just lost on what i need to do to proc all the spells.

Any wand based projectile attack, even wand basic attacks, they use frenzy + faster attacks in their set up
Last edited by Stonios on Sep 20, 2020, 3:25:06 AM
nvm fixed.
Last edited by IdoA on Sep 20, 2020, 4:55:18 AM
"
@seaside

From what I see, you don't use Blight.

1) Get Vaal Blight, at least a 4 link.
2) 5 link Essence Drain. You can buy a cheap body armour for around 5-10 Chaos Orbs. (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/8BjWyBhV)

thank you!
it's a lot better now, but I just had a fight with drox that took like 10 minutes haha
anything else I could change?
Last edited by seaside on Sep 20, 2020, 5:39:53 AM
"
seaside wrote:
"
@seaside

From what I see, you don't use Blight.

1) Get Vaal Blight, at least a 4 link.
2) 5 link Essence Drain. You can buy a cheap body armour for around 5-10 Chaos Orbs. (https://www.pathofexile.com/trade/search/Heist/8BjWyBhV)

thank you!
it's a lot better now, but I just had a fight with drox that took like 10 minutes haha
anything else I could change?

Drox is mortal nemesis of ED+C :) Worse than Sirus
I've always heard ed+c was amazing for league start and leveling. I'm following the leveling section and I'm having a hard time doing acts. It's slow and squishy. Bosses are painful. I have all the gem links, but weak equipment, of course, it's a league start.
"
Spirit31 wrote:
"
sasori1337 wrote:
"
Would be nice to see modified leveling section to use spell slinger ED Con / Bane since its a much smoother leveling experience.

I found leveling with spellslinger ED Con much better after my test today its really smooth compared to casting both skills and can easily take you to maps before changing into the standard setup.

^this

would lift the guide to another lvl and is 100% worth it... saved me like 3h in my last test run... reduced the time of a10 kitava kill from 8hours to 5hours and im not a racer at all lol...

its realy not a big deal to create ruff lvling guide for this, since its super easy even if u not optimize every step.

like,

lvl 1-28: look for two G-G-G (preferably not bow or chest but either will do)

collect, ident and sell all rare drops u aint using to collect alterations... u will need them to buy all the gems when u do the switch.

skills used (till lvl28):

caustic arrow + pierce + mirage archer G-G-G

toxic rain + void manipulation + onslaught or faster attacks G-G-G

single target pre merveil -> punkture + lesser poisen G-G

skitter bots

smoke mine/flamedash/frostblink... pick something or what fits ur links

---

switch to spell slinger at lvl28 (ruffly in act3 before or after piety kill):

drop the bow and use 2 wands
good mods: +1 chaos gems/spell dmg/dot multi

soulrend + controlled destruction (replaced later by efficacy) + spell slinger (later add gmp when u have a 4link) B-B-B-(G)

essence drain + controlled destruction + spell slinger (later add efficacy when u have a 4link) B-B-B-B

contagion + spell slinger B-B

frenzy + faster attack G-G

bane + dispair (add controlled destruction if u have a spare 3link) B-B

wither + spell totem support + multi totem support R-R-B

---

done... hf up to high yellow maps or even higher with some investment (but recommend switch to the original build at that point)

I was wondering when to stop with spellslinger since I loved it so much, the video which op linked is very cool but sometimes you just need written guide like this. Thanks @sasori1337 for it and thanks @mronita44 for writing that it was on page 405. I would've never found it otherwise. :)

Also thanks for OP for this awesome guide and letting people know of this alternative way of levelling. Fastest leveling experience I have ever had!

How is this supposed to work exactly?

I cant' use all those spellslinger links with controlled destruction. Atm all i can do is use ss + contagion, ss + soulrend and ss + essence drain. I can fit 1 CD in 1 of the links, but then I can't use Frenzy as my auto-attack.

Is there a secret to make it all work or what?
Just leveled SSF mode ED/trickster with spellslinger, this is how it went:
1 - 24 - only kinetic bolt (links below) + ED for single target
24 - 50 - dmg mode kinetic bolt + ED/cont SS
Once I was able to use spellslinger, I went triple 4-link:
Kinetic bolt - Volley - Vicious projectiles - added cold (or lightning) - does decent enough dmg and also trigger SS

Essence drain - controlled destruction - void manipulation - spellslinger
Contagion - Spellslinger

Once ED started doing massive dmg (~55+, after 2nd ascendancy) - I switched kinetic bolt set-up to:
Kinetic bolt - greater volley - curse on hit - despair

Now I am entering maps, and I still go super fast and easy with SS without melovelence/zeal auras.

I also use Vitality aura, for a juicy HP regen for bosses to sustain.
Hey guys i looked at Ziz's life no cluster Tree and am comparing it to this guides pob and i was wondering what would be the main differences between the 2 playstyle wise or benefits/disadvantages of each one ? Tryign to choose to just follow one. Thanks.

https://pastebin.com/wc4qY407 ZIZ
Last edited by ZacharyWeekend on Sep 20, 2020, 3:11:18 PM
Just wanna say thanks for the guide, having a blast so far. Your gear tiers/breakdowns really help for budget and what to aim for

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info