[Outdated] Ultimate EDTrickster [2M dps - UNKILLABLE]

"
sasori1337 wrote:
"
Would be nice to see modified leveling section to use spell slinger ED Con / Bane since its a much smoother leveling experience.

I found leveling with spellslinger ED Con much better after my test today its really smooth compared to casting both skills and can easily take you to maps before changing into the standard setup.

^this

would lift the guide to another lvl and is 100% worth it... saved me like 3h in my last test run... reduced the time of a10 kitava kill from 8hours to 5hours and im not a racer at all lol...

its realy not a big deal to create ruff lvling guide for this, since its super easy even if u not optimize every step.

like,

lvl 1-28: look for two G-G-G (preferably not bow or chest but either will do)

collect, ident and sell all rare drops u aint using to collect alterations... u will need them to buy all the gems when u do the switch.

skills used (till lvl28):

caustic arrow + pierce + mirage archer G-G-G

toxic rain + void manipulation + onslaught or faster attacks G-G-G

single target pre merveil -> punkture + lesser poisen G-G

skitter bots

smoke mine/flamedash/frostblink... pick something or what fits ur links

---

switch to spell slinger at lvl28 (ruffly in act3 before or after piety kill):

drop the bow and use 2 wands
good mods: +1 chaos gems/spell dmg/dot multi

soulrend + controlled destruction (replaced later by efficacy) + spell slinger (later add gmp when u have a 4link) B-B-B-(G)

essence drain + controlled destruction + spell slinger (later add efficacy when u have a 4link) B-B-B-B

contagion + spell slinger B-B

frenzy + faster attack G-G

bane + dispair (add controlled destruction if u have a spare 3link) B-B

wither + spell totem support + multi totem support R-R-B

---

done... hf up to high yellow maps or even higher with some investment (but recommend switch to the original build at that point)

I was wondering when to stop with spellslinger since I loved it so much, the video which op linked is very cool but sometimes you just need written guide like this. Thanks @sasori1337 for it and thanks @mronita44 for writing that it was on page 405. I would've never found it otherwise. :)

Also thanks for OP for this awesome guide and letting people know of this alternative way of levelling. Fastest leveling experience I have ever had!
Last edited by Spirit31 on Sep 19, 2020, 5:11:39 AM
"
glaxxon wrote:
With spreading rot near pain attunement there is only 20 int allocated in the radius not 40, so wither won't work. Can someone clarify pls.

Need 40 in range. They dont need to be allocated
"

drop the bow and use 2 wands
good mods: +1 chaos gems/spell dmg/dot multi

soulrend + controlled destruction (replaced later by efficacy) + spell slinger (later add gmp when u have a 4link) B-B-B-(G)

essence drain + controlled destruction + spell slinger (later add efficacy when u have a 4link) B-B-B-B

contagion + spell slinger B-B

frenzy + faster attack G-G

bane + dispair (add controlled destruction if u have a spare 3link) B-B

wither + spell totem support + multi totem support R-R-B

At early levels i don't have enough mana to use 3 spellslingers at the same time. Which two should i use?

1) Soulrend + SS
2) Essence drain +SS
3) Contagion + SS
"
glaxxon wrote:
With spreading rot near pain attunement there is only 20 int allocated in the radius not 40, so wither won't work. Can someone clarify pls.
Just don't use spreading rot
Have you guys tried Void Sphere? I kind of like it a lot but I dont know if I find a socket for it later on. The CC is pretty good.
"
lly1953 wrote:
"

At early levels i don't have enough mana to use 3 spellslingers at the same time. Which two should i use?

1) Soulrend + SS
2) Essence drain +SS
3) Contagion + SS

I'm also curious about this. I took reduced mana reservation node near charisma and now I can use 3 of them with 0 mana. But I don't know if that is the right way to do it.

I have 4 link ED (spellslinger, controlled destruction support, efficacy)
2 link contagion spellslinger
2 link soulrend spellslinger

I can't add any more links to soulrend or contagion even if I take more reduced mana reserve nodes. Do we suppose to have 3 of them on at the same time ? Or soulrend should be on only for bosses ? If so turn off contagion for bosses and soulrend? Then use the contagion with ed for clear ?
"
Wikidbiscuit wrote:
Hi guys

I think I've dun goofed hard.. I'm lvl 41 but I can't buy most of the gems required. None of the auras, controlled destr, faster casting.. I'm really struggling now with basically 2 link bane. How can I fix this? :( ty

Do optional Siosa quest ("Fixture of fate") inside the Library (act 3) then you can buy almost every gem from Siosa.
Last edited by automater on Sep 19, 2020, 9:14:22 AM
"
I'm also curious about this. I took reduced mana reservation node near charisma and now I can use 3 of them with 0 mana. But I don't know if that is the right way to do it.

I have 4 link ED (spellslinger, controlled destruction support, efficacy)
2 link contagion spellslinger
2 link soulrend spellslinger

I can't add any more links to soulrend or contagion even if I take more reduced mana reserve nodes. Do we suppose to have 3 of them on at the same time ? Or soulrend should be on only for bosses ? If so turn off contagion for bosses and soulrend? Then use the contagion with ed for clear ?

Well tbh im using:
1) manualy - contagion linked with intensify support and faster casting,
2) manualy - bane linked with despair and controlled destrucion support (need 4-link to put swift affliciton support here),
3) 3 link soulrend with spellslinger,
4) 4 link ED with spellslinger.
It works like a charm, everything is melting.
Last edited by lly1953 on Sep 19, 2020, 10:11:46 AM
Can you export PoB?
Are the POB links updated for 3.12? I just want to make sure before I jump in and start leveling. Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info